List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with what was shared with me about five or six weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything if it since and thought with the increase in cap it was no longer on the table.
Is there a salary dump on the cards from somewhere?

Just thinking about a hypothetical trade here.....

Oliver wants to get to Geelong. Geelong will need to use at least its first pick this year to get Smith (Lets say they use pick 15 & 35). Leaving them with only a future first. They will have no currency to trade in Oliver as a future first would not be enough for a player of his calibre...... Unless they are willing to sacrifice a player.

This is where I think the SDK rumors may pick up again. Pies could could offer up their future first to Geelong for SDK. This would leave Geelong with 2 future firsts to on-trade to Melbourne for Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a salary dump on the cards from somewhere?

Mitch Lewis and/or Tom Lynch were the only salary dump rumours I had heard mentioned over the last month. Doubt Tigers need to move Lynch money now with all their departures.

Not sure what Lewis is on but they seem to have done ok without him, does he suit their new style? Maybe the Battle & Barrass additions have made their cap tight. Add that to some good young talent (who are probably underpaid right now) needing to be resigned soon maybe they think he’s expendable?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mitch Lewis and/or Tom Lynch were the only salary dump rumours I had heard mentioned over the last month. Doubt Tigers need to move Lynch money now with all their departures.

Not sure what Lewis is on but they seem to have done ok without him, does he suit their new style? Maybe the Battle & Barrass additions have made their cap tight. Add that to some good young talent (who are probably underpaid right now) needing to be resigned soon maybe they think he’s expendable?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is supposedly someone who hasn’t been mentioned yet this year. As an aside, Lynch was never rumoured as a salary dump, more a reverse kind of deal where they paid the majority of his salary for a good pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back