News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I like to have a laugh at Port's expense, to be fair I can guarantee you that most people on here had no idea who he was either until a few days ago.
True .. but when ford festiva is posting a picture of Peatling with his stats and ignoring that he wasn't picked as sub for 8 games and pretending he's a spud .. it's pretty f*cking funny

ford festiva .. lol

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

True .. but when ford festiva is posting a picture of Peatling with his stats and ignoring that he wasn't picked as sub for 8 games and pretending he's a spud .. it's pretty f*cking funny

ford festiva .. lol

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN
What is a Ford Festiva?

Better than Berry for sure.
Maybe less upside than Soligo but currently better than him
Dowling hasn't been given a proper crack at this position he was drafted in so wait and see.
Cumming is better than Hinge but not sure how to compare him with Peatling.

I know we're excited by our new toy and all, but what?

Peatling has done **** all to be considered better than Solgio right now. Even Cummings over Hinge reeks of overeating our new signings.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good signing and has potential to be a 3rd-5th inside midfielder if all goes well. Bit like Cummings, they bolster the middle part of the best 22 and have potential to fix issues that propped up last year.

Last edited:
Good to get this one over the line. Now we just need to avoid selling the farm to get him and ANB in. The most I would want to accept is giving away our 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder for the two of them. If we start touching our F1 I won't be very happy with it unless we're getting back something very significant extra in return.

Good to get this one over the line. Now we just need to avoid selling the farm to get him and ANB in. The most I would want to accept is giving away our 2nd rounder and next year's 2nd rounder for the two of them. If we start touching our F1 I won't be very happy with it unless we're getting back something very significant extra in return.
No way we could consider the f1... Peatling couldn't get off the sub ... But that's because they are stacked everywhere... But still id pay the f2 ... And give a 3rd for anb ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really makes you wonder why we re-signed Berry as soon as we did. Surely we should've waited to see who we could bring in and whether we could get some interest? I refuse to believe that he wouldn't have attracted any at all.

Although I wonder what we'll do with Schoenberg even though he's contracted. He's a fair way down the list now.
I get the feeling Berry had some interest from Victoria (Collingwood have been mentioned) and at the time potentially weren't in the race for Peatling (focusing on Lukosius and Cumming). Once Luko chose Port and Cumming chose Adelaide, it doesn't seem a coincidence that it started leaking out that we were going hard after Peatling (more cash and relationship between their partners).

Matt Crouch
Rory Laird
Sam Berry
Harry Schoenberg
It's pretty interesting... hopefully it's not:
D Curtin
Z Taylor
B Dowling
L Nankervis

You'd have to think the 4 you named might struggle to get games? Surely not Crouch and Laird.
Surely we'd have to be thinking about looking to trade some of those guys as well now.

D Curtin
Z Taylor
B Dowling
L Nankervis

You'd have to think the 4 you named might struggle to get games? Surely not Crouch and Laird.
Surely we'd have to be thinking about looking to trade some of those guys as well now.
Actually reckon Matt crouch will go well with players we have around him

Now is the time we need to tell Lairdy he’s going to struggle to get a game and he should see whether there are other opportunities out there for him

Seems to be two sided.
Ok that vid is the most Peatling i've watched.
Bloody hell, there is a lot to like.

Seems quick, covers the ground well, big strides.
Looks a pretty good kick.
Goes in HARD, and has a bull at a gate style.
He just seems to play with great energy. Always on the move.

Listed at 182cm, is surprising, he looks bigger than that.

Straight into the midfield rotation for mine. Seems an infinitely better option than Laird.

Rankine, Peatling, Dawson, Crouch, Soligo will be a great mix. Laird has no place in this list based on 2024.

With Taylor, Curtin, Dowling developing with little spurts through there, and Rachele if we need to mix it up with a bit of a spark.

D Curtin
Z Taylor
B Dowling
L Nankervis

I think we will pick both Crouch and Laird.

But we will have at least two best 22 midfielders coming into the club in the off season. There's no way they should be picked

Ok that vid is the most Peatling i've watched.
Bloody hell, there is a lot to like.

Seems quick, covers the ground well, big strides.
Looks a pretty good kick.
Goes in HARD, and has a bull at a gate style.
He just seems to play with great energy. Always on the move.

Listed at 182cm, is surprising, he looks bigger than that.

GWS have him listed at 196cm. (Edit: Sorry, I mean 186cm)

I agree with your comment about always being on the move. He's got a real point of difference compared to some of our other midfielders in that he's looking to exit the contest, rather than bore in.

Paying two seconds for both of them is overs

Actually reckon Matt crouch will go well with players we have around him

Now is the time we need to tell Lairdy he’s going to struggle to get a game and he should see whether there are other opportunities out there for him
If Peatling produces at the level I think he can, and Soligo steps up another level again, I genuinely think our midfield could take it up to most around the league

We could then unironically say we’re ‘stacked’ 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back