Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just waiting for someone in here to send me the other candidates and I’ll send them all off together. Who was sending the others to me?
Why wait.

That one is the logo that builds on their existing direction, the leak, the most.

All of the others are different concepts.

Can't see any of them being considered. Even this one will be tough as they most likely have merch designs done and some manufactured already.

Plus, snooze you lose. No one here eager enough to send the others to you anyway.

This was the logo that was posted on our forum:

View attachment 2133884

This where we ended up:
View attachment 2133885
Changes were:
  • Re-did the wing feathers shapes slightly
  • Straightened the line at the endpoint (head end) of the wing feathers
  • Changed the head and the beak to be more like the 1990 logo
  • Changed the colours to the official state guernsey
  • Put the feather colours in the same order as the guernsey
  • Added the text
jenny61_99 did you send this off?

Don't like our chances. But I'd be very happy with something this.
I honestly don't know how they ended up with what they did, feels like a continued disconnect they have with real fans.
It’s basically a better drawn version of what was leaked. Conceptually they are the same.

I still maintain the c9 version was someone knocking up a shitty vector of the leaked image. Waves in the red and yellow lines and all.

Club has received the pictures sent however I was also advised the launch of the new logo and full re-branding will be released next month so I’m assuming it’s done and dusted. I did ask whether the leaked version was the actual version and I have been assured that the new design has been “done in consultation with “many members” including the members engagement panel”. For whatever that’s worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club has received the pictures sent however I was also advised the launch of the new logo and full re-branding will be released next month so I’m assuming it’s done and dusted. I did ask whether the leaked version was the actual version and I have been assured that the new design has been “done in consultation with “many members” including the members engagement panel”. For whatever that’s worth.
I'm assuming they've just deliberately consulted idiots who would say yes to anything crows related.

What a disaster.

Disappointing but not unexpected. Generally with these rebrands, those designs are worked on for months, sometimes a year. What was leaked wasn't an early concept design but as others have mentioned, close to the finished product and I doubt the final version will have any changes..

It is disappointing that others were able to mock up something more promising in a day or two. Was a fan of SA_Great and baldandbroke's concepts. I'd get those designs embroidered on some plain hats and shirts.

Thanks for this, Jenny.

I guess we can't really judge without seeing the final logo and 'rebrand', but that does sound a lot like...

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 9.54.48 AM.png

flashcrow indeed

Minor tweak to make it a bit more appropriate.

View attachment 2134496
might need to become 'The (big) Peckers'

Thanks jenny61_99 for sending these last ones off - they are SO much better than the one Kane released the other week. EDIT - just read your above response. Perhaps too late to change, esp if merch already ordered

Is it a done thing for sporting clubs to consult the public or members with things like logos?
you would hope so! when living in SYD a few decades ago (sounding old now haha) I enjoyed going to such 'focus groups' (or whatever they are called) to get audience reaction to new ads from everyone from QANTAS to VB (easy way to make $50 cash back in the 1990's. I think VB offered a carton of beer even that I had to lug on the train back home)

It’s basically a better drawn version of what was leaked. Conceptually they are the same.

I still maintain the c9 version was someone knocking up a shitty vector of the leaked image. Waves in the red and yellow lines and all.

Why don’t we just go back to our 1991 logo?

1728350687889.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back