Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd just go through national draft and they'd be confident of picking him up. Flog player to flog club
The Bulldogs have picks before Geelong in both the Pre-season and National Drafts and Sam will threaten to re-draft him if they are forced to walk him. That threat would require Geelong to trade up ahead of the Bulldogs so it makes sense that they just trade with Sam and give him something that resembles what Smith is worth.

I honestly hope we send Smith to the PSD. I am not worried about losing a shitty pick that would net us someone of the quality of Cleary etc.

I want to see Bailey Smith get completely hosed over. I want to see Bailey become a compulsive eater as a result of playing for Richmond, lose his abs, lose his hair and finally look like every other 30 year old private school w***er looks like. Over-privileged knob.

Last edited:
The Bulldogs have picks before Geelong in both the Pre-season and National Drafts and Sam will threaten to re-draft him if they are forced to walk him. That threat would require Geelong to trade up ahead of the Bulldogs so it makes sense that they just trade with Sam and give him something that resembles what Smith is worth.
No we don't

We dont have a 1st round pick in the national draft.

Is there any way we can get real petty with the smith deal? Like arrange a dubious pick swap with Richmond with a handshake to pick Smith before Geelong if he nominated for the national draft?

I’d be up for actively compromising a future second or something to **** him and geelong over.

Via Mitch Cleary
Jack Macrae draft pick will come down to if Dogs pay a % or if Saints pay all of salary

I would expect if we pay a large % we could get their second rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely no one in the afl industry including the afl would even suggest this is trading in good faith.
I posted about a month ago that if they're offering less than band 1 compensation, what's the point?

We'd be better off telling the AFL to "pretend" that he's a free agent and just taking pick 14 straight up.

The whole point of the fact that players like Smith are not free agents is that he only gave us six years of service, not eight. For the fact we once had a top 10 draft pick to draft him, it has to have some meaning in at least giving preference or tying him to the club that drafted him.

If Geelong want to get him earlier than that eight years, the trade should be at least comparable to the fact that we'd rather, against our own interests (6 vs 8) would rather him be a free agent.

In that context, it obviously can't be good faith.

I don't see the fact that Smith is tied to the Dogs to some extent before eight years to be inhibiting on his freedom of movement any more than the fact he had to enter the draft as an 18 year old in the first place.

I just can’t see why we would possibly accept that.

Anyway in Sammy we trust 👏

If anything, he’s got that from Mackie as what they think will get it done.

Because he sure as shit won’t have gotten anything out of Power.

HS- Owes asking for over 700k per year
Spider Man Lol GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back