Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris saying Stringer to GWS likely. Could he go past Hunter and collapse two of our rivals’ culture in succession?
Zaine Cordy is the dark horse here
Saints haven't improved at all

Gonna tell my kids this was Andrew Mackie. (Ten points to anyone who gets this obscure actor reference)

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 55
The lesson from all this angst about Smith is, sign your players before their final year or trade them prior. We have a nasty habit of being far too comfortable letting players into the final 12 months of their deals. The game has changed and we're one of the clubs who hasnt changed with it yet
Smith decided a long time ago he was going to Cotton On.

Nearly 2 years ago actually.

Smith decided a long time ago he was going to Cotton On.

Nearly 2 years ago actually.
In which case we should have been trying to move him on, same as we should have moved Dunkley on.

There's a compo safety net once a player reached restricted free agency. We've been stung twice now by guys where everyone knew didnt want to be there and the club pretended they did, and they've left prior to hitting that mark.

We need to be more ruthless. You dont want to be here, see you later, but at a time where we have leverage to get a price

Gonna tell my kids this was Andrew Mackie. (Ten points to anyone who gets this obscure actor reference)

Sorry to intrude but make sure you watch Abe Forsythe’s movie called “Ned” it’s hilarious. Always thought he looked like Mackie, same skinny build too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Teams like the doggies have too much spiritual substance to deal with for Bailey Smith. Quality’s such as loyalty and grit are beyond the ears of that Instagram freak. Go and have another look in the mirror before you age you fu*king toe nail. Tomorrow you will be older and uglier - remember that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams like the doggies have too much spiritual substance to deal with for Bailey Smith. Quality’s such as loyalty and grit are beyond the ears of that Instagram freak. Go and have another look in the mirror before you age you fu*king toe nail. Tomorrow you will be older and uglier - remember that
He is to football what Trump is to politics. He thinks his sh1t doesn't stink and 30% of the footballing public will run with it regardless. The rest of us soar above the stupid line.

Personally, I’m looking forward to us playing Geelong next year.

Watching Baz burst out of the middle, mullet flowing, pupils dilated and Jezza Cameron clear on the lead. Picture perfect kick straight onto Lobb’s chest 😍

hope Sam power laughed them out of the room with that stupid offer

If that offer is indeed true (which is hard to believe), I'd be very supportive of Sam Power breaking protocol and coming out in the media to give Geelong an absolute blast for taking the mick and refusing to act in good faith. Again, IF that offer is true, it demonstrates an arrogance and a disrespect for our club that is off the charts.

If that offer is indeed true (which is hard to believe), I'd be very supportive of Sam Power breaking protocol and coming out in the media to give Geelong an absolute blast for taking the mick and refusing to act in good faith. Again, IF that offer is true, it demonstrates an arrogance and a disrespect for our club that is off the charts.
I once got to hear Clarko’s account of dealing with Sydney to get Tom Mitchell versus GC to get O’Meara in the same trade period.

Hawthorn walked in and said we think Mitchell’s worth our first pick. Sydney said that’s close but we need more, so a late pick entered the equation and they were done in minutes.

GC spent the entire week shifting the goalposts, making outlandish demands and publicly commenting on the trade and it got done late. He said words to the effect of that’s why they haven’t done anything as a club.

Sounds like Mackie’s trying to go down the “let’s win trade week” route. What a joke.

So when the Cats traded an uncontracted 26yo Tim Kelly in 2019 for picks 14, 24, 33 and a future first it was completely justified...but Dogs want more than just pick 17 for Bailey Smith and they are being difficult???

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back