Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I read it in this thread and thought it was a troll. Surely they didn't demand Smith and we essentially pay for him to go..

They must be trying to condition us to take their first rounder and that is it.

w***ers
I agree surely that’s not the offer

If that offer is true, we need to tell them 1st and 2nd rounder this year, minimum, or he goes to the PSD.

I’d not even return calls until that’s the offer.

If that offer is true I would be telling them call me when you have had a good think about what you just offered and explained it to Smith.

Surely it cannot be right they cannot be that silly (then again....)

i head down to Geelong to see the Wind/Solar Farms for my job

generally shocked how some of them operate
That's how I feel about our medical growing facilities here in Australia... They are run like grade A shit - no wonder the industry cannot turn a profit and companies keep going under.

Anyway... off topic discussion.

Garcia deserves 3 imo.
On the list five years for 30 games with this year being the first time he's played 10+. Three years is a long time for that degree of fringe.

On the list five years for 30 games with this year being the first time he's played 10+. Three years is a long time for that degree of fringe.
Scenarios are different to other players we've given unworthy long deals too (Gardner, Baker, Scott etc.) in that Garcia actually has better offers available at other clubs. We aren't providing this deal on the back of our own negotiations.

Some big injuries in that time.

As long as the $ are okay 3 years is ok.

Have heard he is a popular fella around the club and has grunt and go about him something few have on our list, has a nasty edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, Geelong starting off with a ridiculous deal to try and gaslight us into thinking we received a good deal when we get the 2024 1st by itself.
Which is a classic negotiation tactic, but starting so low is just amateurish. I mean I wouldn't swap our F1 alone for pick 17.

I think we’d get more for Caleb Daniel than some people expect (if he leaves). Tom Morris just now said that Carlton’s second & third for him wouldn’t get it done. North’s second may be involved with a swap of picks.

He'd just go thr national draft and they'd be confident of picking him up. Flog player to flog club
There will be a few teams with multiple picks before Geelong's in the National Draft with significant Cap Space. Not sure this route is any more likely for Smith to get to Geelong than the PSD

So Twomey thinks Kako will be bid on by Saints before Bombers pick 9, this means they’ll need to trade it out.

What will it cost realistically, Our F1 and Caleb Daniel pick?
Smart play by Saints to put the word out that they'll bid on Kako.

Can see Bombers offering 9 and F2 (maybe even F1 with something back) to Saints for pick 7 to get ahead of the bid.

Given Bombers poor draft hand, getting a top 7 pick and Kako would be a good outcome.

Which is a classic negotiation tactic, but starting so low is just amateurish. I mean I wouldn't swap our F1 alone for pick 17.
If that’s the deal we gain more by letting him walk for nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back