List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrendous

Let's say you're giving up an F1 for Luko (which most on this forum don't want to do anyway)...

That means pick 13, F2 and Joe Schmoe = Dan Houston

If that was the case why not just give the F1 for Luko and keep Houston
yeah i think i confused myself we need to get something more back for Luko not an F1 straight swap.. In isolation i don't think 13, F2 and Richards for Richards is as bad as everyone is saying.

And F1 for Luko plus a second rounder back, is it pick 23?

Yes.

One first rounder in, one first rounder out, so they cancel each other out. That leaves it as trading a contracted dual AA for a second round pick and two fringe players. It is awful.
This is the way to look at it. Put this way, it is absolutely awful.

yeah i think i confused myself we need to get something more back for Luko not an F1 straight swap.. In isolation i don't think 13, F2 and Richards for Richards is as bad as everyone is saying.

And F1 for Luko plus a second rounder back, is it pick 23?
I reckon we’d still be looking at upgrading our 2nd for Luko, using Soldo, our future 2nd and perhaps another player

The only half decent outcome for us in a 3-way trade would be

Port Get: 13, Lukosius, Richards
Give: Houston

GC Get: Collingwood F1, 29
Give: Lukosius, 13

Collingwood Get: Houston
Give: Richards, F1, 29

Doubt Gold Coast are doing that though

how do you get luko then?
If the cost is a first round pick I'd rather not get him.

If we can't work out a deal where we're getting 13 + Luko + Richards and not a penny less for Houston, keep Houston. We absolutely should not be giving up Houston AND our F1 to get that haul. Adding in more second rounders doesn't move the needle.

i think a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I think if we can turn Houston, Soldo and a F1 into pick 13, 3 second rounders, Luko and Richards it's not that a bad result.

I'd love to hold Houston to his contract though but i would still do a deal with GC giving them our f1 for Luko and pick 23.

The only half decent outcome for us in a 3-way trade would be

Port Get: 13, Lukosius, Richards
Give: Houston

GC Get: Collingwood F1, 29
Give: Lukosius, 13

Collingwood Get: Houston
Give: Richards, F1, 29

Doubt Gold Coast are doing that though
I hope we wouldn’t do that either.

Richard’s is worth a selection in the 28-38 range at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we can turn Houston, Soldo and a F1 into pick 13, 3 second rounders, Luko and Richards it's not that a bad result.

I'd love to hold Houston to his contract though but i would still do a deal with GC giving them our f1 for Luko and pick 23.
Richmond are getting two first rounders for a worse player than Houston but sure, we're 'setting ourselves up for disappointment' by wanting ****ing one.

Pick 13 for F1 is not an upgrade, it's sideways. You have us trading out a contracted dual AA and getting zero additional first rounders in return. None. I'll burn the ****ing club down if we do that.

I agree that this is what we’ll probably settle for but it’s not that inspiring especially when we lose a F1R that may end up being an earlier pick than 13 if we finish outside the top 6 in 2025.

FWIW, I suspect we’ll settle for a F2R for Soldo but knowing the way we trade will give something late back to the Saints. Problem is we’ll be desperately trying to get back into the first round again next year and will possibly have to rely on trade return for Bergman to get there.

The issue is that none of us can be truly confident about what we’re getting in Lukosius, Richards and pick 13, let alone what we’re giving up in our F1R.

Twomey (if I heard right) did suggest we end up with 13, 23, 29, Lukosius and Richards for Houston and F1.
I ****ing hate this club. We throw away future first rounders like candy and then desperately try to trade our way back in for a premium price the year after. It's a joke.

Just a reminder that we would have a pick around 13 anyway if we hadn't done the stupid deals we did last trade period. So the actual sum total is:

OUT: Dan Houston, 1st round pick
IN: Jack Lukosius (talented but flaky), Ivan Soldo (spud, wants out), Esava Ratugolea (spud, we'd be better off if he wanted out), Joe Richards (who?), and maybe some picks in the 20's.

Luko is the only thing we're getting back across those deals worth getting out of bed for, and we're giving up a significantly better player AND a first round pick for the privilege.

Twomey (if I heard right) did suggest we end up with 13, 23, 29, Lukosius and Richards for Houston and F1.
They can make the deal as complicated as they want but we're still losing out. We lost the moment Lukosius nominated us bc we were always going to be manipulated into including him in a Houston trade.

They can make the deal as complicated as they want but we're still losing out. We lost the moment Lukosius nominated us bc we were always going to be manipulated into including him in a Houston trade.
'Including him in the Houston trade' should have at worst meant that we take Luko and a single first rounder for Houston instead of taking two first rounders. That was the barely passable result.

The fact that it seems that we're somehow going to be conned into giving up a first rounder for Luko AND still only getting a single first rounder for Houston is grounds for sacking everyone involved.

If the cost is a first round pick I'd rather not get him.

If we can't work out a deal where we're getting 13 + Luko + Richards and not a penny less for Houston, keep Houston. We absolutely should not be giving up Houston AND our F1 to get that haul. Adding in more second rounders doesn't move the needle.
I had a theory that had Port keeping their F1 but Port fans didn't like it.

Port get
Richards-Lukosius-Pick 13
Port Lose
Houston - F2

Pies get
Houston
Pies Lose
Richards - Noble - F1

GC get
Pies F1 - Noble - Port F2
GC Lose
Lukosius - Pick 13

Port want - Luko and Richards
Coll want Houston
GC want Noble

A three way trade between the clubs can work but only if all parties look through a positive lens.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back