List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

This is fine, but Soldo was signed before Sweet. He came over expecting to be 1st ruck, and he would be if we hadn't traded for Sweet as well.

I just don't see why we'd get angry with him for wanting to go back in this scenario
The trade was completed first but the deal for Sweet was likely already done.

I don't care that he wants to go back. If we get appropriate value for him, it's fine.

What I do care about is the club's poor decision making that lead to this situation and this:
He's leaked this to go scorched earth as a way of trying to get back to Victoria.

This is fine, but Soldo was signed before Sweet. He came over expecting to be 1st ruck, and he would be if we hadn't traded for Sweet as well.

I just don't see why we'd get angry with him for wanting to go back in this scenario
It's the "immediately knew I made the wrong call" that's been leaked all over the media that's a bit shit. Why go all scorched earth on the way out? There's probably a better way, no?

And he was first ruck. But then he got injured and struggled to get back. If we hadn’t traded for sweet we would have had visentini rucking for half a season. So it was the right move. I get soldo wanting to go home, especially with his missus leaving. But we shouldn’t trade him for anything but a solid return on what we paid, otherwise it’s compounding the issue.

I would say the truth is somewhere in the middle. The media are muckraking this as they do. I'd say he didn't regret it until his leg exploded and his missus was like "i need more injectables than this state has."

I believe he is being thoroughly unprofessional about it though. Could have left it as "it didnt work out" and still turned up to the finals, prelim etc and no one bats an eyelid and you move on.

We got this wrong in a big way culturally but I think the way its going is reflecting very poorly on Ivan rather than Port.

As much as I would love to hold him to his contract for the lulz, that still benefits no one. Get a solid pick and make him someone elses problem.

Last edited:

I'm not mad at him for asking for a trade, I'm mad at him for being a massive bitch about it. He can give back whatever salary he's been stealing for the last few months if he can't even be bothered showing up to games and club events.

Either we get a 2nd rounder or this clown can waste away in the SANFL next year.

If you're going to rub the club's noses in it then don't expect any favours.

I wonder what the rest of the players think of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back