List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I mean

I personally still don't see how this changes anything on Houston if we still get 13 from Gold Coast

Port wants Richards and Lukosius so I don't see what really changes here

Can someone who isn't just dooming and glooming for the sake of it explain how this actually changes anything if we're still getting 13 from Gold Coast?
Only if Carlton made the move in order to go after Houston, which it appears they didn't. I don't think they can fit him in their cap tbh, hence the potato fire-sale and the fact they haven't even offered him a contract.

All it does it give Gold Coast less leverage for pick 13 IMO.

Liking the way Leppa is talking and going about it. Very practical but strong on priorities. Of course, they always sound good on the Friday, let's see if it holds to next Wednesday evening.

Only if Carlton made the move in order to go after Houston, which it appears they didn't. I don't think they can fit him in their cap tbh, hence the potato fire-sale and the fact they haven't even offered him a contract.

All it does it give Gold Coast less leverage for pick 13 IMO.

But even if they plan on going after Houston, what ca they offer that's genuinely more than what we can?

If we have 13 and a pick in the 20s or 30s and have Richards (whom Port wants)

Then what can Carlton offer?

12 and a pick in the 20s or 30s and that's it?

Ok? So...he'd still wind up with us lol

Hospital Heartattack GIF by Un si grand soleil

Now that the value of pick 13 has decreased slightly, let's try to target it for Noble deal and also get pick 23 ,and then trade 13 to Sydney for 19,22. Take 19,22,23,36 to the draft. Get what we can for Richards.

Have to have the list spots for each of those picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But even if they plan on going after Houston, what ca they offer that's genuinely more than what we can?

Well they've got 12 and 14 now, so can theoretically offer more in trade than us. I suspect their cap is too tight.

Pick 13 is tied to the Noble deal and that could happen even if we don’t get Houston.
Before the Carlton swap with Hawthorn that just happened, l wouldn’t have thought so as theirs would have been the better offer.

Bur now l agree, we will get 13 somehow regardless of what happens with Houston.

Well they've got 12 and 14 now, so can theoretically offer more in trade than us. I suspect their cap is too tight.

But they're not going to offer 12 and 14 for Houston

So no...they can't offer more than us

Not only have they flat out said 100 times they rate this draft and first round picks in this draft, Houston is not worth Picks 12 and 14 under any circumstances.

I don't even think Carlton are that dumb

Keep up
Carlton: 12, 14, 69, 72, 73

Keep up
Carlton: 12, 14, 69, 72, 73

Ok, so you're ultimately backing my argument

Unless somehow Carlton would be insane enough to offer Picks 12 and 14 for Houston, then they can't beat what we can offer for him

But they're not going to offer 12 and 14 for Houston

So no...they can't offer more than us

Not only have they flat out said 100 times they rate this draft and first round picks in this draft, Houston is not worth Picks 12 and 14 under any circumstances.

I don't even think Carlton are that dumb
I don't think they will either, hence the word theoretically.

They can offer more than us but they wont as I don't think they have cap space and/or desire.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back