List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn’t understand starting positions, he has poor hands in general play/stoppages, he has a poor tank, doesn’t man up, doesn’t run 2 ways and has a sub standard ball drop that would see him get holding the ball a lot…for a start. These star mids have been training/coached how to play in The midfield for 10 years of juniors. It’s not something that you can just start because you have size.

He’s a mark and kick, high pressure medium forward…and could be very good at it
Sounds like you are describing an absolute spud.

Owens a contested ball pig. Thats a damn good starting point. Playing in the midfield is not rocket science, given enough opportunity he would absolutely figure it out IMO.

He doesn’t understand starting positions, he has poor hands in general play/stoppages, he has a poor tank, doesn’t man up, doesn’t run 2 ways and has a sub standard ball drop that would see him get holding the ball a lot…for a start. These star mids have been training/coached how to play in The midfield for 10 years of juniors. It’s not something that you can just start because you have size.

He’s a mark and kick, high pressure medium forward…and could be very good at it

Go to your room

Essendon BF are convinced Kako does not get bid on... willing to field offers at the bid. Their list manager disagrees ;)

Kako will get bid before Essendon’s pick 9. Listening to the tone of the media and the Essendon List Manager it seems (at this stage) to be a certainty.

UNLESS ….. a bidding club could be convinced not to bid for some mutually beneficial reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a report from a journo after trade week opened that we hadn’t even done a medical yet, so it wasn’t expected to be done early.

Now obviously we have finally done it, and we aren’t happy. Great decision to then withdraw interest.

But it begs the question, what took us so damn long to get there?

We now scramble for plan B or go without for another year.

I wonder if the Soldo trade just became too difficult for the club because PA were asking for way too much?

PA were instansigent and it was clear the deal was never going to happen?

Maybe club is prioritising the Macrae trade and the need to use pick 47.

Hopefully we have a back up plan to find another ruckman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a very good contested ball winner though and can break a tackle.

I don't disagree with everything you've said, I think he's a forward, but I also he can play a pinch hitting role in the midfield.
Absolutely agree. Manic forward pressure, very good mark (size relative) and a decent set shot is exactly what we need up forward

I would be happy with McCrae at the Saints. He is a very good footballer, and we no longer have Seb to help out in the midfield, and I dont think we can rely on Brad to play many more games for us. Which leaves us with Jack Steele, Hunter Clark, Marcus Windhaver. as our only eperienced mids.We are getting Frankie Junior, but I dont know what sort of mid he inside or out, apparently he can kick goals so that is a plus. Beside Jack Steele and Windhaver, we are short on inside mids, so that should be considered when we go to this years draft.

There was a report from a journo after trade week opened that we hadn’t even done a medical yet, so it wasn’t expected to be done early.

Now obviously we have finally done it, and we aren’t happy. Great decision to then withdraw interest.

But it begs the question, what took us so damn long to get there?

We now scramble for plan B or go without for another year.

Yeah presumably we spent weeks to months convincing him to nominate us and now we've decided his knee is no good 4 days from the end of trade period.

Bit weird.

?Now we have decided against Soldo, maybe we will hang onto Jack Hayes?
Makes sense even though Crazy is even more fragile, but sounds like we went cold on Soldo and Chelsea because we have a better option lined up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back