List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth trading Collard to a WA team for a late first/early second this year? I'm not really convinced he's going to come on here and if this draft has as many good mids as is being reported I think we're better off giving ourselves as many shots as it as possible.

If he wants out, this draft is probably not a bad one to get a second round pick in.

I don't WANT to trade King, I didn't WANT the club to look at TT, I will hate to see Battle in Hawks colours or King in Sydney colours, we have been forced like beggars to rummage in the trash or look at trading capital with currency to even compete.

Brisbane are flag favourites and get the best mid in the draft for bugger all while keeping their first. They will get this player ahead of the Saints. It happens every single year, last year our first pick was eventually 18.
We don't get elite mids we are consigned to be irrelevant for another 15 years.
No elite mid on the market wants to be traded to us or FA to us.

I would love an alternative, but I have yet to see one.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We will already have a first round pick plus potentially a 2nd for Battle. We dont need 3 or 4 of them. We dont need to gut the list of good players because of a Tassie problem that doesn't yet exist or because of you fear academies for some reason. Most of what you are complaining about is a problem you've overstated in your own mind.

So you say don't do something, what is the alternative?
You say King is a good player but only worth picks in the late teens? I don't understand, if he is so untouchable why such a poor return?

It is not an unrealistic hope based on one draft.
Phillipou, NWM, Owens, Wilson, Windy, are already developing.
Then there is Keeler, Hotton, Van Es, Hastie, Garcia, and Shoenmaker to develop.
Hammer, Coops, Henry are around 22 to 23.
Not many of the above are elite mids. Add 4 frdps including 2 top 6 players to this list and we are set up for sustained success.

You have no alternative on how to improve our draft hand. The limitations are laid out, we can't trade for high quality mids as none want to come to us.

So I will ask again, how do we get high quality mids to the club?
It's OK if you have no alternative, and as it stands King won't be traded, but to merely say don't do something without an alternative is not the answer.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty of clubs have built great lists without assistance though. Good drafting and trading is still the foundation work for all clubs. Identifying who to invest time and development into also makes a huge difference to the list.

Toce did an incredible job in the last 2 drafts. There looks like two genuine high end talents in Phillipou and Wilson and Ari, Keeler, Hotton, Hastie, McLennan all have heaps of potential. You also assume he nailed Nas and Wilkie being the SA talent scout. I reckon the only real miss he had was Collard who has talent to burn but looks like his commitment might be a bit off.

So according to Garry Lyon (Melbourne legend so you'd think he has connections and would be ITK), Oliver's playing with a completely cooked and messed up hand and the only reason he's playing is because "keeping occupied is what works best for him"

With the way he plays; winning contested ball, winning ground balls, tackling etc., a cooked hand would make it really hard to do any of that and we're seeing that on the field. To what extent and how much of his drop-off can be attributed to the hand is the question. He looks overweight and unfit which I'll call the 2nd reason. Whether a lack of drugs or whatever is actually hurting his performance is another question

Having no previous experience with drug use, my view is that a disciplined environment at a new club can turn things around for him. Get his hand right over the off-season, get him on a strict fitness regime over the summer, and get him back primed for pre-season. He might not get back to being the best midfielder in the competition, but if he could even be a top 10 mid in the comp, it might be worth a shot for us ONLY IF it costs no more than a second round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back