List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the King chat, his identical twin will finish 3rd-5th in the Coleman this year, playing for a team that won't make finals, and being at least 3 years younger than the others in that top 5 list. Trading Max would be the dumbest thing the club has ever done. It's going to click for him and he is a key piece of any St Kilda side challenging for a flag in the next 10 years. People so easily forget that key forwards are shit until they aren't. Max isn't even that bad now.

On the King chat, his identical twin will finish 3rd-5th in the Coleman this year, playing for a team that won't make finals, and being at least 3 years younger than the others in that top 5 list. Trading Max would be the dumbest thing the club has ever done. It's going to click for him and he is a key piece of any St Kilda side challenging for a flag in the next 10 years. People so easily forget that key forwards are shit until they aren't. Max isn't even that bad now.
Its the pieces around him that we need to fix. If he played for Sydney, Brisbane or Port Adelaide right now, he would've already won the Coleman with 2 rounds to play. With the likes of Steele, Bonner, Jones, Windy, Owens, Dow etc. kicking it inside 50, he's no chance to fulfill his potential

Would've loved to see King leading to the boot of Phillipou to finish this season. Something to look forward to next year

Its the pieces around him that we need to fix. If he played for Sydney, Brisbane or Port Adelaide right now, he would've already won the Coleman with 2 rounds to play. With the likes of Steele, Bonner, Jones, Windy, Owens, Dow etc. kicking it inside 50, he's no chance to fulfill his potential

Would've loved to see King leading to the boot of Phillipou to finish this season. Something to look forward to next year
I would like to see Max get a bit more pro-active in the forward half next season, and hear less excuses for him not achieving at the highest level. The top elite have their game above the shoulders sorted.

I would like to see Max get a bit more pro-active in the forward half next season, and hear less excuses for him not achieving at the highest level. The top elite have their game above the shoulders sorted.
don't know about that, all 3 of the last Coleman medallists and even the one leading now were all "trade bait" by their supporters earlier in their career.

Key Forwards take time

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well since Max isn’t going to make it, let’s get big Levi Casboult to lead the line

Is it worth trading Collard to a WA team for a late first/early second this year? I'm not really convinced he's going to come on here and if this draft has as many good mids as is being reported I think we're better off giving ourselves as many shots as it as possible.
Big no from me, he is about the only one on our list that I would trust with the ball in hand within 40 mtrs of goal on any angle.
He has freakish goal sence and if he can get his sh1t together could be anything

Is it worth trading Collard to a WA team for a late first/early second this year? I'm not really convinced he's going to come on here and if this draft has as many good mids as is being reported I think we're better off giving ourselves as many shots as it as possible.
We'd be fortunate to get an early 3rd round pick for him at this stage. No point in trading him as damaged goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been thinking about this quite a bit lately and it was interesting to see BT point it out on comms yesterday after Dow's goal.

I've actually come to the point where I don't think King is petulant or sooky, our whole team just doesn't seem to be having any fun or getting around each other at all. This isn't a new thing either - Higgins kicked an absolute cracker against Port back in 2021 to open scoring and no-one went to him or got around him and it's stuck in my mind ever since.

King - for whatever reason - is the one who cops it from fans for this. But it isn't a King issue.

I don't know if it's something that we read into too much but I can't recall seeing any team in the comp care so little about celebrating with their team mates? There just seems to be so little energy and celebration when things go our way. It is actually kinda deflating as a fan so I have to imagine it's having some sort of impact on the field. All the best teams of the last decade seemed to have a real joie de vivre about them as we are just flat as a tack out there.

Totally agree it’s ridiculous isn’t it, the lack of enthusiasm from them at times. We 100% need a change of captaincy for starters, Steele just ain’t it, there just feels like a burden on the team at times! Wilkie for captain and get some serious sports psych into all of them over the pre-season.

Big no from me, he is about the only one on our list that I would trust with the ball in hand within 40 mtrs of goal on any angle.
He has freakish goal sence and if he can get his sh1t together could be anything
Little early in the piece to talk about trading him already, wouldn’t you think?

Petracca apparently not happy in the direction of Melbourne. Wonder if they will try target a Steele type to keep their premiership window open and keep Trac happy
Maybe we target Trac 🤔
You know he should have been playing in the red, white and black.
#ComeHomeTrac #NeverTooLate

Last edited:
We’ve discussed it ad nauseum, but the inequities of the competition make me so mad. And I don’t even know which one of you is correct.

Probably both and neither!
if king plays different to what i/we are seeing with our own eyes,on his return,then one is correct

if he keeps going like he is,body language and no defensive pressure and eventually goes for a f2rdp when we could have got 2 firsts,then the other is correct

so it comes down to hype potential excuses and hope vs what we are seeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back