Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These deals were always happening late. Clubs are interested in Kennedy & Owies, and have been since start, its just there are priorities first

Young I'm told has no interest at all
Thats what im saying. All last week the media has been saying there's been no interest in Owies and Kennedy and back peddling today on Owies. The media have no idea what the club is doing.

Thats what im saying. All last week the media has been saying there's been no interest in Owies and Kennedy and back peddling today on Owies. The media have no idea what the club is doing.

The media seem to just jump at many things then 1 + 1 = 5.

The comments I have had from good people have NEVER changed since the start.

Owies will not be at Carlton next year no matter what happens
Kennedy has had some interest and chats. If not, will stay
Young I'm told has no interest so far

It's simple and tough. He is a good honest player that will play a role for another club

He's not a star or irreplaceable

He's a guy who came through from a basketball background, hustled his way from rookie to team regular and improved every season. We have other players with orders of magnitude more talent but not many who can apply what they have in the same manner.

Stop trashing him guys, he gave everything and has a right to feel aggreived, we all hoped he'd be overtaken by other small forwards improving past him but instead his journey with us ends after kicking 30 and having no real competition for his role, pushed out due to list dynamics and contract length.

Nope. He was always being squeezed out from a long way back. Just handy if we can get something for him. We just want the spot and have other needs
I find the Owies situation very weird - if he had been more selfish out there on the park, he would have kicked 40 goals in 2024.

That would put him top 20 in the AFL....

And we want to kick him out because Motlop and Durdin have more 'talent'? Not to mention Orazio, the Captain's pick list clogger...

That's just stupid.

I find the Owies situation very weird - if he had been more selfish out there on the park, he would have kicked 40 goals in 2024.

And we want to kick him out because Motlop and Durdin have more 'talent'? Not to mention Orazio, the Captain's pick list clogger...

That's just stupid.

We'd have to pay Orazio out to get rid of him.

I don't like the idea of losing Owies for nothing, but it's not the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Weagles are interested in Owies. I'm all for this... I know they wont... but just throwing it out there.
12, 14 + Owies for 3, 63.

If 12 + 14 is worth 3, then surely Owies is worth more than 63.

That's just stupid.
Interesting observation - I have always found Owies to be more selfish than not

Feel for owies …. And people on this board downplaying his 30 goals a year …. Imagine the ball never going your way and still kicking 30 … good luck to him wherever he goes and hope he kicks 50 next year just not against us !!
Squeezed out as well by the club being forced to play Williams there because he couldn’t cut it as a defender or mid.

Owies decision stinks of Jarryd Lyons being let go by the Suns. Just dumb list management.

That's just stupid.
Firstly, I think we’ve had enough of the cheap pot shots at Fantasia, he’s a Carlton player and he deserves to not be insulted every time he’s mentioned.

Owies had the most output of our small forwards in 2024. He also is 5/6 years older than the others coming through. He has a higher floor but imo a much lower ceiling than all of them.

He plays like a mini key forward for mine. Doesn’t provide a great deal of ground ball pressure, often uses his smarts to find pockets and take marks. It’s a great skill, but given 90% of our entries go to Harry and Charlie, the club clearly feels we can go without his skill set.

If he had a contract I’m sure he’d be staying but he doesn’t so he’s the easiest to move. I don’t think it has any bearing on our success/failure in 2025

It's simple and tough. He is a good honest player that will play a role for another club

He's not a star or irreplaceable

We have a real list imbalance with small forwards esepcially with Williams moving there and on big money. We still have Durdin Moir Motlop Fogarty Docherty Cottrell Fantasia Boyd that can all easily play that role. It's way too many and unfortunately he is the one out of contract

List spots are just to valuable. We will bring in a heap of gun kids and some other talent and by Rd One we will have moved on
Agree

Pretty happy with any of the 3 potential options we have re 12 + 14.

If we trade 1 and change for Houston we get an AA and the best kick in the comp.

If we hold we get 2 quality youngsters in a deep 1st round.

If we trade up we get a premium talent who could impact immediately.

Happy with where Austin has us positioned with 3 days to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back