List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an existing meme but I've brought it to the Collingwood BigFooty Trade period because it fits so well

Ok, thanks. It makes a bit more sense to me now. Lol.

I think it's a salary cap play from CoD. If we put him on a performance based contract, he'd have to pay us and it'd open up extra salary cap space for the actual footballers.

Think About It GIF by Identity

How the hell did Baily Smith only cost pick 17, is his knee a concern?
Dogs didn't have a choice.
They didn't want to risk getting nothing
and Geelong werent budging. I think in the end there was some pick swaps added to it.

Has Reef re-signed Jen2310?
Fox Sports article today has Reef included in players with uncertain futures stating will he be delisted?
No official announcements on signings, but you'd think those that weren't delisted on thurs, will get a new contract.

For the Pies, the Houston trade was more perfect storm than perfect trade: it ended up being a Bradbury - :
  • Melbourne couldn't complete the trade because, well, they're Melbourne
  • Doggies couldn't complete the trade because they do all their work in the trade period in the last 30 seconds and this was way too complicated for them to pull off in the last minute
  • Cats couldn't complete the trade because they were all in on Smith and needed to keep some reserve for a potential Oliver trade
  • Hawkes were way too busy with Barass
  • Richmond wanted picks not players
  • Essendoom were in a trade period coma (not sure they've awoken yet!)
  • St Kilda didn't want to trade their prized Picks
  • North aren't a destination club and weren't prepared to offer anything more than what the Pies did
  • Carlol, whilst Houston's preferred club, were never in it - they simply don't have the Cap

To cap all this off, Port targeting Richards and Gold Coast targeting Noble meant we had the leverage and the capital to complete the deal.

Kudos to Leppitsch and the recruitment team for getting the deal done. Amongst all the back slapping, best to not ignore the amount of luck involved in this trade.
This happens every year with every gun recruits - the available destinations are rarely more then 3 or 4.

It's an existing meme but I've brought it to the Collingwood BigFooty Trade period because it fits so well
It's sure to pop up in the whipping boy thread next season.

I'll never let it go that they basically wanted De Goey jailed or deported for attempting to pull the singlet of a girl he was in a relationship with down while on holiday overseas. Mind you, that same girl publicly confirmed she had zero issue with their interaction

But Stengle almost ODing on cocaine in a nightclub?

All good bro
Haven't heard much about Tanner Bruhn in the media since Ralphy broke that story a fortnight ago... Funny that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Richards, and Cam Rayner. They're the two that I'd be optimistic could be shaken loose.

Brisbane just went to $1m+ per year for McCluggage to keep him, they've got an expensive team currently and they need to ensure they can afford both Ashcrofts going forward, I wonder if they can afford Rayner on big money. I get the retirement of Daniher and the impending retirement of Neale will save them a lot, but there's still only so many guys you can pay big money to.
Cam Rayner???? Why would we want a player we all want to punch very very hard in the head?

2025 FREE AGENCY LIST
*Qualifies as previously delisted
^Qualifies as previously moving clubs as a free agent

ADELAIDE
Matt Crouch
Darcy Fogarty
Wayne Milera
Lachie Murphy
Reilly O'Brien
Brodie Smith
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Joe Daniher^
Darcy Gardiner
Ryan Lester
Cam Rayner
Brandon Starcevich
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Tom De Koning
Sam Docherty
George Hewett^
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Orazio Fantasia*
Matt Kennedy

COLLINGWOOD
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Jeremy Howe
Brayden Maynard
Brody Mihocek
Scott Pendlebury
Steele Sidebottom
Oleg Markov*

ESSENDON
Sam Draper
Jayden Laverde
Jake Stringer

FREMANTLE
Andrew Brayshaw
Nat Fyfe
Oscar McDonald*
Alex Pearce
Jeremy Sharp*
Michael Walters

GEELONG
Mark Blicavs
Jeremy Cameron^
Tom Atkins

GOLD COAST
Rory Atkins ^
Sam Collins*
Brayden Fiorini
Sean Lemmens
Alex Sexton
David Swallow
Nick Holman

GWS
Callan Ward
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Luke Breust
Jack Gunston
James Worpel
Seamus Mitchell*

MELBOURNE
Jake Melksham
Charlie Spargo

NORTH MELBOURNE
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Brynn Teakle*
Aidan Corr^
Toby Pink*

PORT ADELAIDE
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Tom Clurey
Kane Farrell
Dylan Williams*

RICHMOND
Noah Balta
Tom Lynch^
Dion Prestia

ST KILDA
Zaine Cordy ^
Brad Crouch^
Jimmy Webster
Liam Stocker*
Hunter Clark

SYDNEY
Joel Hamling^
Jake Lloyd
Lewis Melican
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Robbie Fox

WEST COAST
Oscar Allen
Tom Cole
Jamie Cripps
Jack Darling
Jayden Hunt^
Jeremy McGovern
Jack Petruccelle
Dom Sheed

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*

Oscar Allen & Ed Richards please!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I must be losing my edge, I thought it was pretty good.
Would have been more convincing if he’d added a channel/tv show logo and put text in the yellow bar below. I’d have put “What the hell are they thinking?” for the lols.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back