NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

No doubt but I also don't see Hawthorn calling themselves 'World Champions' either.

It's just the typical arrogant American attitude.

Imo, instead of complaining about it, we should be doing the same as well.

No doubt but I also don't see Hawthorn calling themselves 'World Champions' either.

I wouldn't take it too seriously! It is just the way they say champions in their own overstated way!

Re: Superbowl MVP

Now that i've had a nice afternoon nap. and rethought what I said, I have no idea what I was on when I was saying that shit.

Now Roethlisberger was > bother Mannings, but besides Fitz, Warner.

Holmes had the best game of any player in all 3 superbowls. (only looking on offense).

How long untill that Holmes catch will be up on Wikipedia as NFL lore?

last time I checked it wasnt
Did you mean Roethy's game was better than both?

I doubt you even WATCHED the game tbh (Nothing personal, just when you siad you werre interested and whatnot) but I would like to hear your reasoning anyway... Im up for a laugh :)

Did you mean Roethy's game was better than both?

I doubt you even WATCHED the game tbh (Nothing personal, just when you siad you werre interested and whatnot) but I would like to hear your reasoning anyway... Im up for a laugh :)
yes thats what i meant

How the hell did I add er at the end?

OK. I watched all of superbowl 43 and most of superbowl 42 matched 40 of the 60 minutes. only missing the middle 3rd.

and where did you the Red Card from?

Which team outside the NFL is better?

Riggy, that's not really a debate you want to get into.

Even Detroit would smash the Gators

What happened to Zarko? Hope that's one of those 24hr red cards
Yeah. But its a going to be long 4 days untill im back to education so im happy to have a debate/discussion.

Im quite bored at the moment

The last two have been because of 1 play. MANNING to Tyree and Roethlisberger to HOLMES.

And the one before that was because everybody else had substandard games.

The last 3 Superbowl MVPs should of been

Addai/Rhodes whichever one had the better game
Some random defender, no Giant on offense deserved it.
And then Roethlisberger. He had an entire drive of Manning to Tyree type plays. Running left avoid the sack throw and hit a receiver.

Interesting post Riggy. :thumbsu: Tuck was massive in the 'context' but when it comes to 'winning drive' somehow, that just makes the 2-3 quarter monster contributions by the D pale into significance. I agree that the Indy running game was very instrumental in the Colts gaining control. But Peyton did have a damn good game.

Riggy, that's not really a debate you want to get into.

Even Detroit would smash the Gators

What happened to Zarko? Hope that's one of those 24hr red cards
Sigh Fred had a cry :)

7 days for my first serious offence... :p

At least it was at the right time of the year... The week between the NFL season and the AFL season :p

Florida Gators.

an SEC defense will stop the Steelers Offense.
And Tebow will pick apart the Steelers D with all the run/pass option plays.

First of all that would mean that every gator on defense will get drafted and play early on. Highly improbable at best.

Tebow would get himself picked off so regularly that he'd be scared to throw for more than 5 yards at a time.

The Gators would probably hand KC's backside to them but surely the top 10 NFL teams would rip them a new one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KC would win as well... Tebow won't survive in the NFL doing what he does without giving up a lot of turnovers.

Sigh Fred had a cry :)

7 days for my first serious offence... :p

At least it was at the right time of the year... The week between the NFL season and the AFL season :p

Shit happens. :)

You're right though, perfect timing. :thumbsu:

As for college vs NFL discussion, the big differences between the two are linesman and the the speed of defenses.

Tebow would get killed before he even got a chance to throw the ball. If he runs with it, well he may as well be out their on his own.

2. The official upstairs ERRED in not sending the Warner fumble to an official review. Irrespective of whether the call stayed or got reversed, he should've done it, said Pereira.

[YOUTUBE]iRHvm52T_WE&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Clear cut. Defender made contact before arm moved forward and that caused the ball to be dislodged from Warners hand.

[youtube]iRHvm52T_WE&hl[/youtube]

Clear cut. Defender made contact before arm moved forward and that caused the ball to be dislodged from Warners hand.
Spot on, the QB needs to have total control of the ball. Woodley started to dislodge the ball when it was all the way back. Unless Warner has a new action where he throws the ball with his elbow, I don't know how anyone can claim he had control.

I have not seen one neutral say it was the wrong call. Some have said the replay assistant (who reviewed it multiple times) should have sent it to the booth, as it was an important call. But the replay assistant is only supposed to do that if he has doubt over the play. However there was no doubt over that play, the call on the field was right and the replay assistant confirmed, end of story. Also, if they did that, the final 2 minutes in a close game would last 25 minutes as every play is subjected to a booth review.

I reckon big, bad Levi Brown would feel sick every time he sees that replay.

Kurt Warner put in one heck of a great rookie impersonation panicing. Could Hollywood not script such a better pocket collapse with Warner having a panic attack? :D Woodley made 'em all look silly. :thumbsu:
Hope the Saints front office bothered to tune in JD... why??

Defense Wins Championships :)

Actually, the Steeler D got torched in the game. What won it for you was two pass plays at the death. Very fortunate.

And yes, while the Harrison TD was a big thing...games dont end at half-time. So in the end, the Cards got the lead thru poor Steeler D (good Cards O), and it was only the Steeler O (Ben+Holmes) that was the difference with a few seconds left.

Actually, the Steeler D got torched in the game. What won it for you was two pass plays at the death. Very fortunate.

And yes, while the Harrison TD was a big thing...games dont end at half-time. So in the end, the Cards got the lead thru poor Steeler D (good Cards O), and it was only the Steeler O (Ben+Holmes) that was the difference with a few seconds left.

Considering the D needed to stand up on that last play that caused the fumble recovery, that's what I was more referring to. Warner rarely if anything go downtown.. most if not all passes were 10 yard short or less. Larry just made the Steelers look silly on those stretch run plays...and I never was 'SOLD' the game was WON at HT... just happy the way things were coming along.. just irritating how some where saying 'Game Over' ...a 13 point lead with a quarter to play is still Game On in my eyes and I was proved correct. Always knew deep inside that the Cards were capable of a comeback. Rankings of a D mean jack... it's just a guiding perception to gather detail. A big play was always gonna come with an explosive Offense.
Steelers D was quite good to only restrict Fitz to only a single/couple? reception/s in the first 3 quarters.

Big Ben to Holmes.. why it happened and made to look easier than it was... you just need to keep up rushing the QB with immense pressure and either the Cards LB were gassed by then or they employed a different prevent D. Close checking cornerbacks = wins championships. That's why the Cards didn't stop the Steelers on the decisive drive and we all know that without the Woodley blitz, things could of been different. Bottom line.. the D needs to step up in the CRUNCH.

People were saying "game over" after 1 arizona drive in the first quarter here on BF!
Gridiron is probably the most momentum shifting game there is.
It's been good the last decade or so with SBs tho.
A lot of exciting close games.
Titans-Rams, Rams-Pats, Pats-Panthers, Giants-Pats, Steelers-Cards.

People were saying "game over" after 1 arizona drive in the first quarter here on BF!

That's quiet dissappointing...especially if it's a Steelers fan.

Play-off games are just as exciting...the intensity clicks a few notches and even tho losing teams get knocked out, it's prit-tay much a massive body blow to a wasted campaign. The #1 seeds have more to feel sick in the guts about than the SB losers who were never expected to get there in the first place.

I really appreciate the comments that look at the positives of a progressive campaign rather than some bad sportsmanship.

That's why I said it was always going to be a 50/50 game. Last season's upset result was the clue. Interesting whether Pat fans agree that the Pats got ahead of themselves in the lead up to the Big Dance?

Re: Superbowl Champion prediction

Too hard. Just like last year at least the year before the Colts was a no brainer.

If Steelers receiver the opening kickoff.
Pitt-Card
7-10
10-17
20-24
27-31

If Cardinals receive kickoff
Pitt-Card
7-7
13-14
19-21
29-29
32-29

Because Steelers are the away team, they will get the coin flip correct, divert and Cards Receive kicoff
so Pittsburgh 32-29OT

Not a bad prediction there Riggy. You seem to know your stuff. If you can get on a roll for next season during the regular season, there is no reason why you can't WIN some serious $$$ in the tipping comps we have on BF. Yet to have a multiple comp winner although a couple guys really gave it a shake in the last two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back