Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Daniel. Hopefully he provides the kick up Goldy's arse to improve his workrate. Because if Currie gets in, I can't see him going out.

Not entirely sure, but wasn't he drafted to Sydney as a first round draft pick?

He was a pick 49.

I always thought he would become a good player from what I saw of him at Sydney, not sure what happened.

Hopefully we get the most out of him and he can be a solid player for us.

Never got a game. Spent 4 years at the club. With Currie and Sierakowski on board, we have the two blokes who have spent the longest time on an AFL list without getting a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite four years with the Sydney Swans from 2006, Daniel Currie was unable to make his AFL debut. Now with a second chance at making it, the athletic big-man is keen to ensure he doesn’t let the opportunity go to waste.

Delisted by the Swans in 2011, Currie spent a year in the SANFL with North Adelaide and stood out. So much so, the Adelaide Crows were reportedly interested in him as a replacement for Kurt Tippet.
“(I’m) probably hungrier than ever,” he admitted tokangaroos.com.au.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/152051/default.aspx

041212_currie_6.jpg

Currie and Jarrod Moore were tied winners in the 2011 NEAFL league best and fairest.

the new ruck rule should suit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Daniel Currie - officially traded to Gold Coast in exchange for a third round selection (#53)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back