Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by the comments by many Big Footy Norrh supporters it appears that they wouldn't be disappointed if Lachlan Hansen was to go elsewhere! I for one would be happy to have him at Richmond. Can play either end of the ground which is something we need.

Nah, I wouldn't be trading Lachie for anything.

I see Barrett on TFS claiming Richmond were circling Big H and would be making a "sizeable offer" to get him to Punt Road.

What on earth could they actually offer that would tempt us, provided Hamish wanted to go? Their 1st AND 2nd round picks wouldn't get the job done.

Straight swap for Dustin ¬_¬

That would be slightly over the odds, but they would have to trade out a top 4-7 player.

I assume Reiwoldt, Martin, Cotchin and Deledio are untouchables, so who would come after them?

I assume Reiwoldt, Martin, Cotchin and Deledio are untouchables, so who would come after them?

Not sure they would have anyone we would be interested in outside those guys Also we need to be aware that all the talk regarding this year draft is that its weak so we shouldn't be too keen taking any draft picks for him this year either.
In the end tho i doubt we would trade Hmac he is still an important player for us.

I see Barrett on TFS claiming Richmond were circling Big H and would be making a "sizeable offer" to get him to Punt Road.

What on earth could they actually offer that would tempt us, provided Hamish wanted to go? Their 1st AND 2nd round picks wouldn't get the job done.

Don't believe everything you hear, especially from Barrett. Probably just reads BF.

Why would we go after a soon to be 27 year old ruck who's had injury issues? We're still a number of years off it. Would only be hitting our straps by the time he is winding down. I think/hope we'd be smarter than that especially given he'd cost a lot.

That would be slightly over the odds, but they would have to trade out a top 4-7 player.

Vickery? Griffiths? Astbury?

That Nahas thing? Newman? Conca?

Vickery? Griffiths? Astbury?

That Nahas thing? Newman? Christ, I dunno.

They need Vickery, Griffiths is still too chancy and I wouldn't do the trade for Astbury.

What we need are quick half back/wingers or a KPF.

The Tiges don't really have anything that would interest us from that perspective.

I like the kid Post, but they would still have to bundle up a first round pick for mine.

So Post & a 1st rounder would get Hamish out of North if he wanted to leave? You'd be happy with that?

I'm not sure I would be. Conca looks likely to be a good footballer - not sure how happy they'd be parting with him.

The Tigers have a strange list. They have 4 stars/future stars in Deledio, Martin, Cotchin and Riewoldt. Then they have Vickery and Conca who are quality youngsters. I think it's fair to say all of these are off limits (I'm sure we would inquire about Conca but that's probably a bit hopeful).

Then there's a massive decline in talent. Assuming they're not going to trade their captain, the only other players they have that interest me are Foley and Nahas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a bloke who is famous for punching out a crapload of push-ups, but is an average footballer at best. Clearly a deficiency on our list.

Get Jake "The Push-Up" King down to Arden Street now.

Make it happen Euge :stern look

Hmmmm, Shane Edwards.

Quick, breaks lines and is accountable.

22 years old.

Hmmmmmm.

Cant see why Hamish would want to go at the end of this year. I would imagine he would play out 2012 and then if it wasnt working out as planned may like a trade.

We are in a great position seeing he is contracted till 2013

Hmmmm, Shane Edwards.

Quick, breaks lines and is accountable.

22 years old.

Hmmmmmm.

No awareness and poor kick. Ask Port BF fans what they think of this kid; he gets thrown into the prospective deal for Trengove by Richmond fans every single time, their reaction is quite amusing must admit.

Also, if he is going then receiving the compensation pick they hold is a must imo. Most valuable thing they have outside of Deledio, Riewoldt, Martin etc.

Explain?

How is their compo pick more valuable than their likely 1st round pick (12-18)

Assume because it can be activated in the 2012 megasuperdraft rather than floundered in the talent void, GWS ransacked 2011 version.
It'd be pick 19, right? So we'd get our first round pick, so pick 18;), and then pick 19.

So just for pure speculation, conversation generator and what have you, what about a straight swap deal involving Kangas and Richmond?

26 going on 27 year old Hamish McIntosh from Lavington for 27 year old Kelvin Moore from Healesville.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back