Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Early to mid first round pick or 2nd round + Nahas, who is playing some very Boomer-esque football at the moment.

The club is playing this very well so far, stonewalling against the speculation in the media.. I bet we'll agree to a trade 2 mins before the deadline and get great value for H.

I love H but I think any smart football club would trade him.

He is not going anywhere. Hopefully common sense prevails and the AFL go back to a 4 man bench and a sub who can only be used for injuries.

I must have forgotten that we are in the business of making dud teams better by giving them required players for peanuts.

This is a big risk in trading him.

I mean, can we realy take the risk of Goldy getting injured early next season and not having a ruck? I dont think so.

I would only trade for a top 15 pick.

Early to mid first round pick or 2nd round + Nahas, who is playing some very Boomer-esque football at the moment.

The club is playing this very well so far, stonewalling against the speculation in the media.. I bet we'll agree to a trade 2 mins before the deadline and get great value for H.

I love H but I think any smart football club would trade him.

Nahas!!!!!!!!!! Is that you Laids?
Nahas is more like Brett Peake than Brent Harvey.
Campbell>>Nahas.

They are but it won't be easy to top pick 4.

For the other person who asked, I'm pretty sure O'Meara has already nominated for the mini draft.

How about this deal with the Tigers. Obviously guessing the picks.

Hamish, North's 2nd (#36) and 3rd (#54) RD for Tiger's 1st RD (#14) and Compo (about #25 in 2012).

The reason I added our 2nd and 3rd rounders is because I can't see us making more than 2 ND selections this year. Also, I doubt Hamish on his own would get those two picks.

That would probably be a fair deal if Hamish wanted to move on, but I wouldn't be particularly keen if Hamish wanted to stay and we hocked him for that. If the Tigers want him, pay over the odds to get him. I'd keep our 2nd rounder on the table, and then Hamish and our 3rd rounder for Richmond's first and their compo pick (which I would full expect we'd use next year on the superdraft) would be fair; again only on the caveat that Hamish was keen on going.

As an outsider from a purely unemotive position I think it'd be a risk worth taking trading him for a 1st rounder + player or thereabouts.

You are overstocked in quality rucks and inside mid's, you just need the extra bit of class around the edges in midfield and back/forward flank positions.

It's a strange position to be in having multiple quality rucks but it's surplus to requirements in todays game.

He is not going anywhere. Hopefully common sense prevails and the AFL go back to a 4 man bench and a sub who can only be used for injuries.

I agree it should be 4 plus a sub although it can't be just used for injuries as its hard to police.

The stupid part about the AFL is they won't decide on any changes until after the trade period.

As an outsider from a purely unemotive position I think it'd be a risk worth taking trading him for a 1st rounder + player or thereabouts.

You are overstocked in quality rucks and inside mid's, you just need the extra bit of class around the edges in midfield and back/forward flank positions.

It's a strange position to be in having multiple quality rucks but it's surplus to requirements in todays game.

Too risky mate. Surely a Collingwood supporter would understand?

If Jolly was to go down your chances of winning the Granny would reduce significantly.

If Richmond are eyeing Hamish, they must be standing on a box or small stool of some sort no?

I can't work out why people are still responding by saying "I'd only trade him for this, or that", when it's already been put to bed that he isn't going anywhere. Nor should he be.

Wow no offense Mark, but that's some blind-eyed faith you've got going on there. It's a business, so the club is hardly going to show their hand if they have decided to trade. Either way they'd deny, deny, deny until the deal is done. I don't profess to know what they're thinking either way, but I'm not so naive as to blindly believe the presser.

Wow no offense Mark, but that's some blind-eyed faith you've got going on there. It's a business, so the club is hardly going to show their hand if they have decided to trade. Either way they'd deny, deny, deny until the deal is done. I don't profess to know what they're thinking either way, but I'm not so naive as to blindly believe the presser.

Its Hamish and Hamish only that will decide his future.

If he comes to the club and says he wants out I can't see the club standing in his way if a suitable trade can be done.

If he wants to stay and take his chances I think the club will be happy wit that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fit and playing their best football.

This is to play in the grand final tomorrow with no eye to the future.

B: Lower, Delaney, Grima
HB: Thompson, Hansen, Firrito
C: Wells, Swallow, Anthony
HF: Adams, Edwards, Harvey
F: Campbell, Petrie, Thomas

R: Goldstein, Rawlings, Greenwood

Int/Sub: McIntosh, Ziebell, McMahon, Pratt

I might throw this side around a little but that would be pretty much my best 22. I'm taking a chance with Lower, but Brady would play a much bigger role in us winning a flag in the middle.

I like the side Teffy but Brady's days are numbered mate....we all know it. Wont be playing in or for our next flag.And deep breath..... boomer will be borderline.

I've made it pretty clear before that I think trading Hamish would be best for player and club but I hadn't really looked at who might need a #1 ruck. I think most teams will be pretty happy with their ruck situation. The exceptions are:

Richmond - Their rucks are horrible if they want Vickery up forward (which they should). There are conflicting reports over whether they're interested or not.

Port - With Brogan gone they're relying on Lobbe. Hamish is probably too old for them because they're a long way off.

Hawks - Their ruck stocks are still pretty shit. They're relying on Bailey, who is impressive, but I've lost count of the amount of ACL's he's done. If I was Hawthorn, I'd swallow my pride and ask us nicely for another ruckman.

GWS - Pretty sure Sheedy has said they're after an established ruckman. They have Giles who's been good but I wouldn't be putting any faith in him. If Gubby Allan really thinks they can win a flag in 4-5 years, he should be doing his best to acquire Hamish's services.

For the first time in a while I actually think H might be at North next year, purely because I can't see us getting a good enough offer in return.

By Nick Bowen 5:08 PM Thu 14 Jul, 2011
1_V14WeCS11DT%201194.jpg
Hamish McIntosh may need to get comfortable in a Werribee jumper

HAMISH McIntosh is no certainty to return to North Melbourne's side when he returns to full fitness according to coach Brad Scott.

Scott's comments follow recent reports McIntosh will be targeted by Richmond and Port Adelaide, who have both signalled their intentions to target experienced ruckmen in this year's trade period.

Scott said McIntosh, who had post-season achilles tendon surgery, was one or two weeks away from being available for senior selection after playing the past three games in the VFL with Werribee.

In McIntosh's absence, his ruck partner of last year, Todd Goldstein, has been a revelation in North's No.1 ruck position and, after round 16, leads the competition in hit-outs.

Goldstein's form and the new substitute rule meant a fit McIntosh was no longer an automatic selection at North, Scott said at Aegis Park on Thursday.

more: http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/def...test+News+and+Broadband)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Brad Scotts no certainty either, if I see last weeks shite ever again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back