Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So just for pure speculation, conversation generator and what have you, what about a straight swap deal involving Kangas and Richmond?

26 going on 27 year old Hamish McIntosh from Lavington for 27 year old Kelvin Moore from Healesville.
Foley and a 2nd round pick for hmac
or
richmonds 1st round pick + end of 1st round compo pick for hmac +our 2nd round pick

thats what i would want. he is in our best 22 and is contracted for another 2 years and is a 2 time AA squad player so we have all the bargaining power.

So just for pure speculation, conversation generator and what have you, what about a straight swap deal involving Kangas and Richmond?

26 going on 27 year old Hamish McIntosh from Lavington for 27 year old Kelvin Moore from Healesville.

..seriously?

Similar situation to us using the Campbell Brown (Hale) compo pick on Harper last year. I'm no expert, but if Harps was in this draft I suspect he'd be taken much earlier.

How does get ****ed sound?

Would only trade him for a 17yr old to GWS.

Bingo.

Essentially the equivalent of a top 5 pick in this pool.

They are only allowed to trade a maximum of 2 this season.

Which is essentially O'Meara, Crouch, Kennedy etc.

The first 2 mentioned would be top 5 picks in this bunch, easily.

The only downside to the deal, is the players must play their first year in the VFL, as underagers, and arn't allowed to be selected for the AFL side.

Well worth it though.

Will also be the only way to get Hamish's true value in the event of a trade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the idea of GWS 17 year old trades but i think all clubs will be after them.

Can you only trade players for them or can you use picks as well eg: could you trade Hamish plus our 1st round pick for two 17 year old picks?

Before people jump up and down this is just an example I'm not saying I would do this trade. The reason I ask is because I don't think GWS would be interested in Hamish but we may be able to use picks we get for him in a trade for the 17 year old picks.

If you could get something like the Matty Lloyd you would be very happy.

I really like the idea of GWS 17 year old trades but i think all clubs will be after them.

Can you only trade players for them or can you use picks as well eg: could you trade Hamish plus our 1st round pick for two 17 year old picks?

Before people jump up and down this is just an example I'm not saying I would do this trade. The reason I ask is because I don't think GWS would be interested in Hamish but we may be able to use picks we get for him in a trade for the 17 year old picks.

If you could get something like the Matty Lloyd you would be very happy.

You can trade picks.

According to Emma Quayle, GC will trade pick #4 for the first pick in the mini draft (likely to be O'Meara). That shows just how much it will cost to get one of these picks.

I thought West Coast & Freo were going hard out after O'Meara.

They are but it won't be easy to top pick 4.

For the other person who asked, I'm pretty sure O'Meara has already nominated for the mini draft.

How about this deal with the Tigers. Obviously guessing the picks.

Hamish, North's 2nd (#36) and 3rd (#54) RD for Tiger's 1st RD (#14) and Compo (about #25 in 2012).

The reason I added our 2nd and 3rd rounders is because I can't see us making more than 2 ND selections this year. Also, I doubt Hamish on his own would get those two picks.

really hate to lose hamish as hes one of my favorite players at the club , having said that with the rules the way they are atm the stark reality is hes 2nd in line and unless goldy or drewy are injured or suspended he wont be playing alot of senior footy . im assuming he will want more assurance of game time than that . i doubt we will keep him if he asks for more opportunity elsewhere . we owe him that . happy to take a 1st round draft pick for him even though i believe hes worth more . but then again ablett was worth more than x2 1st rounders. id like to see us use whatever we get for him and maybe our 2nd rounder to try and lure dangerfield from adelaide hes a victorian . the crows dont use him in the middle for some reason hes got blistering speed and is a great kick , he also takes the game on ... exactly what we need most

Would be nice if they changed the sub rule.

I think Dangerfield is overrated. Has no footy smarts. Gets the ball and just tries to run through his opponents. Occasionally it works and they're the highlights that get shown over and over again. If he had the ability to win some uncontested ball he'd be a star but right now he just doesn't get enough of it to warrant the hype he gets.

fair enough daz , but atm hes used as a fwd pocket with 5 mins here and there in the guts . maybe hes not fit enough but he should be a full time midfielder who rests in the pocket pretty hard to get uncontested ball when ur sitting in the pocket and youve got someone hanging off ur jumper all day . hes got a mountain of potential no reason why he couldnt be the next bell for us except super quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back