Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Too big of a risk given the stakes. Our balance of smalls/talls has been good for the last few weeks, why mess with it?

I'm not saying Hamish can't have an impact in our current side, just this ain't the game to bring him in. He hasn't played AFL for 12mnths and the pressure this week will be especially intense.

Personally I wouldn't play him, but, if we did:

I can see some vague merit in having McIntosh as the sub, so that when the Saints double-up on the flood, as they tend to later in games, as their midfield tires, we give them a second tall target deep (Goldie and/or Big Mac) in the forward line to contend with. That may open up space further out, around the 40m mark for the other North forwards to find room inside the flood to lead in to.

Playing a 2nd ruck as a sub seems to be a crazy new-aged idea, but could it work? It goes against conventional wisdom, but hey, I've never been accused of being wise....

re: Thread title. Shouldnt it be 'Drop' the H Bomb

dr-evil-02.jpg

Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?

Personally I wouldn't play him, but, if we did:

I can see some vague merit in having McIntosh as the sub, so that when the Saints double-up on the flood, as they tend to later in games, as their midfield tires, we give them a second tall target deep (Goldie and/or Big Mac) in the forward line to contend with. That may open up space further out, around the 40m mark for the other North forwards to find room inside the flood to lead in to.

Playing a 2nd ruck as a sub seems to be a crazy new-aged idea, but could it work? It goes against conventional wisdom, but hey, I've never been accused of being wise....

Not as crazy as you would think. l was thinking the same thing.Hamish as sub would mean a tall being ready to come on at any time ,trying to prove himself. It would totally play havoc with the Saints plans as to when he would come on and l dont think would affect the balance of the team .l think having Hamish come on would lift the team especially when its his 100th game.

Gets his 100 and a farewell game. Good work North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drums, thources, common bloody sense.

I hope Majak and Mabon are ready to go for round 1 2012, you've got Hamish out the door and Goldie on the virtual trading table.

If we package them up we can get a crack at the best 5yo in the country provided their parent or guardian has nominated them for the 2024 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back