Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenzie(18)... Atley(17), Harper(27)... Bastinac(21), Black(25)... Wright(27)

These were shit picks too. We have usually done well to find a bargain well within that range. Is this draft as good as other drafts? NFI. Caddy allows us to pick the kind of guy we have a spot for so I would prefer we get that done, but I think there will be some real quality in this draft. We just can't afford to draft anorexic kids that are going to take 5 years to develop a body if we want them to make an impact in the short-term.

We don't have another 5 years to wait for blokes to peak Tas. FFS, McKenzie isn't going to be much chop for another 2 years.

That time has come and gone.

We need meat on the bones NOW.

We don't have another 5 years to wait for blokes to peak Tas. FFS, McKenzie isn't going to be much chop for another 2 years.

That time has come and gone.

We need meat on the bones NOW.

That is what I said. :p

But then again, Hannebery is 78kgs, McKenzie if 76kgs. Is Hannerbery too small or do we just not insist our boys go hard enough? ;)

Where is Ron Joseph when you need him?

Wandering the plaza at Southbank shouting at frightened tourists about how he he once signed Malcolm Blight for a pile a $50 notes still warm from the knock shop floor and waiting for nice Mick Warner to come down with a donut and coffee in return for another little chat on the bench.

I'll be sad to see him leave, seemed to really bleed for the blue & white.
Seems like North are likely to get screwed....
HMac is a quality player when fit and i don't think what Geelong is prepared to offer is fair.

That is what I said. :p

But then again, Hannebery is 78kgs, McKenzie if 76kgs. Is Hannerbery too small or do we just not insist our boys go hard enough? ;)
Brad is 188 77kg Dan is 182 80kg thats a big difference, and they have a totally different skill set as well.
i actually think we need to draft some crafty little small forward types who can put preasure on.... we need to challange at least once before Drew and Boomer call it quits... you and Tef have a point....

I'll be sad to see him leave, seemed to really bleed for the blue & white.
Seems like North are likely to get screwed....
HMac is a quality player when fit and i don't think what Geelong is prepared to offer is fair.
then we just dont trade him..... and let him go in the FA next year no big deal to us...

HTB, you're being a bit hysterical. (Or you were last night, hope you've had a good sleep.)

Two separate issues.

If Geelong paid a first round pick for H, that would be a good deal for North in most people's eyes - different opinions, sure, but hardly being taken to the cleaners.

If Geelong could get Caddy because the compensation pick is the trump card, that's life - they got it for losing Ablett, so it's been earned. No point getting fixated on the kid, just because we have been one of the clubs he's considered - he's a nice to have, not the difference between North being a finalist and a premiership side. Especially in the short timeframe you insist the club should focus on.

And neither the Caddy deal nor a Hamish trade has been settled by any stretch. Getting outraged about possibilities in your own mind is a complete waste of energy, and it's making a fun chat about hypnotheticals unnecessarily unpleasant.

From Petroro on SEN: Cats keen at the right price. He should be priced as a #1 ruckman, because at Geelong he would be. H is interested in offers because he wants to play AFL and opportunities at North are limited for him, but if no deal, he'll be happy to stay. And he mentioned picks and players as trading options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Petroro on SEN: Cats keen at the right price. He should be priced as a #1 ruckman, because at Geelong he would be. H is interested in offers because he wants to play AFL and opportunities at North are limited for him, but if no deal, he'll be happy to stay. And he mentioned picks and players as trading options.
Stuff it lets keep him for one more year then.....

Thanks for the report H2H.

Good to see H in a good frame of mind and not totally pissed with the club. Just wants the #1 ruck role.

Unless another club comes to the party, think he'll stay. Which IMO is the preferred option.

McIntosh is a top 10 draft pick, he can ruck, he can go forward and kick goals. He is contracted for 2 more years.

Our problem is not McIntosh, he can work well with another ruckman. Our problem was Goldy couldn't work with another ruckman and Goldy is the better ruckman.

Either Geelong realises he wont be cheap or Geelong is wasting McIntosh's time, our time and Geelong's time. I don't know the last valuable commodity type player that was on a two year contract that was traded out on the cheap. Can you name anyone? McIntosh is a much better ruckman and a much better forward than Hale and we got an end of first round compensation for Hale. Your mid second round pick isn't on the same planet or the same universe. I don't know what Geelong is thinking. I said on your forum he is not the right target for you to be chasing. We would be idiots to let him go cheaply. We will likely have to pay more to get a mediocre replacement for him than what you are offering, that fits into the definition of moronic.

If he was uncontracted, then that is totally different.

I understand what you mean, but if he is such a valuable commodity how come he is only your second ruck? Yes he was a top 10 draft pick but so was Kane Tenace and many others that ended up no good. Just because someone was drafted in a certain spot doesnt effect their trade value. The fact is if he stays a North he wont play and thats why he wants to move. His performances over the last 2 years and injuries have reduced his value you need to come to terms with that. It happens. Would you be happy paying that sort of coin to a guy who plays 2's. Its going to be an interesting deal.

I understand what you mean, but if he is such a valuable commodity how come he is only your second ruck? Yes he was a top 10 draft pick but so was Kane Tenace and many others that ended up no good. Just because someone was drafted in a certain spot doesnt effect their trade value. The fact is if he stays a North he wont play and thats why he wants to move. His performances over the last 2 years and injuries have reduced his value you need to come to terms with that. It happens. Would you be happy paying that sort of coin to a guy who plays 2's. Its going to be an interesting deal.
His probably our second ruck because he got injured and Goldy stepped up to be one of the best ruckman in the comp last year.... this year was another story.... i think you guys actually need him more than we do...

We want to retain him and don't have a plethora of ready made rucks to go. We also had about a 1/3 of the season to test having them in the side. Whilst I don't begrudge Hamish seeking to play a role more suited to him at another club, it's lunacy to

A) Weaken our own ruck stocks
B) Strengthen a competitor just above us in the pecking order and on the cheap

As has been said many times throughout the thread, we all have NFI about what's going on and where clubs sit, but Id be confident that unless an adequate deal is sorted, he'll either stay or move to a club that offers a better deal.

Would have been great to see Daw play this year in the ones. Once McIntosh went down we had to play him to see if he was ready to back up Goldy next year. Would have made the call a lot easier if we knew we had a back up ruckman.

Would have been great to see Daw play this year in the ones. Once McIntosh went down we had to play him to see if he was ready to back up Goldy next year. Would have made the call a lot easier if we knew we had a back up ruckman.
I think the coaches who have been involved in top level footy for the better part of 20 - 40 years already have a fair idea about that. The answer in 2012 was not quite.

You're bringing up the likes of Tenace? He was a **** up to begin with. His big thing was he could run. Hardly a comparison to McIntosh. When did Tenace make the AA squad? You're going to have to pay.

The experiment of playing H u forward was conducted and failed. Trading hiim does leave us vulnerable in the event Goldy goes down but the club needs to move forward. In order to compete against the heavyweights our talls need to be flexible, unfortunately H isnt.

If we can't get a reasonable deal done with Geelong we should try elsewhere,
Collingwood: Pick 18
Adelaide: Pick 19
GWS: Pick 20, 24
Hawthorn: Pick 21
Brisbane: Pick 23, 30
Richmond: Pick 29, 31

Also if we are looking for a replacement ruckman
Jonathan Giles: is yet to come to a contract aggreement with GWS.
Zac Clarke: has requested a trade to Victoria.
Tom Hickey: has requested a trade to Victoria.

If we can't get a reasonable deal done with Geelong we should try elsewhere,
Collingwood: Pick 18
Adelaide: Pick 19
GWS: Pick 20, 24
Hawthorn: Pick 21
Brisbane: Pick 23, 30
Richmond: Pick 29, 31

Also if we are looking for a replacement ruckman
Jonathan Giles: is yet to come to a contract aggreement with GWS.
Zac Clarke: has requested a trade to Victoria.
Tom Hickey: has requested a trade to Victoria.

no to the Bolded ones agree with most others... maybe with some player movement too.....
i dont see Hamish going anywhere but Geelong and Collingwood...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back