Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did I suggest that? I said we would be happy to have him at the right price!!
That does not include our 1st draft or compo pick.
I'm assuming that your old enough to remember Paul Sarah who wore No 13!!!!Get your facts right before you make stupid comments please.I still don't see why you need to be so aggressive just because you don't agree with what i sayAs i said..if the clubs don't come to an agreement they will move on to plan B/.C .
I haven't read through the pro's and con's of people's opinion but a compo pick would be a joke. I've always been thinking more in terms of a player. We're at the stage where we need to start adding some AFL players to our ranks, with talent. Yes I recall Paul Sarah, thankyou for clearing that up. I also remember when he went to Richmond, I'll never forget him. He was a Berry Oakley lookalike.

I can't see this trade going down. Hamish is more valuable to us than Geelong, and he's contracted. They wont offer us enough. Sure, he's bloody expensive insurance, but if we move on H (before trading in his replacement), we will be desperate to secure a backup first ruck. We'll end up getting bent over trading in that replacement. And will the replacement be as good as H? Probably not, with most of the names that are getting dished up. If we take unders from Geelong, then go and get bent over trading in a replacement, we're likely to end up with worse picks, have a weaker backup if Goldy goes down, but Hamish will be happy playing 1st ruck for Geelong. woot.

Conversely, if we secure a back-up for Goldy before the Hamish trade goes ahead, we will be desperate to move on Hamish. We'd definitely be getting bent over on the Hamish trade.

One way it could work is if Geelong pay heavy overs for Hamish, meaning we could potentially replace him and not end up behind... But that would just be a silly mistake from Geelong. I don't see things playing out like that.

If it's going to work, maybe some kind of 3 way trade, where we lose H but gain a decent back up for Goldy at the same time, as well as the spoils from (what would be) the downgrade in player quality. But unless it's another player, I still struggle to see it. I don't think we'll be using many picks in this draft, so compensatory late second or third rounds will be of negligible, if any, value to us.

I haven't read through the pro's and con's of people's opinion but a compo pick would be a joke. I've always been thinking more in terms of a player. We're at the stage where we need to start adding some AFL players to our ranks, with talent. Yes I recall Paul Sarah, thankyou for clearing that up. I also remember when he went to Richmond, I'll never forget him. He was a Berry Oakley lookalike.
A straight swap for O. Stephenson perhaps? :D

Maybe we could do some sort of job-sharing arrangement? H plays for Geelong when Goldy is fit. If Goldy goes down, H plays for us. Salary paid for on a user-pays basis. To ensure squad requirements are fulfilled, one of the Geelong rucks is also on a job-sharing arrangement. Win-Win.

If its true that Hamish is on about 500k we may have to still pay part of it , Geelong have a understanding that no 1 player gets big money at the cost of others . It may mean more to us to get his 500k off the books OR send him to them with a smaller wage for them to pay which might make him more appealing to them thus send us something we like .

The only way I see a deal coming off is if it somehow relates to us acquiring Caddy, whether through 3 way trades or extra picks.

Now that Geelong is full steam ahead at Caddy, you can be certain they won't be able to offer us anything worthy.

There's no way Hank could play Tarrant's role. The success we had with the talls was built around elite fitness and leading patterns. Hank can't cover enough ground to make the repeat leads.

Goldy's year can be split into thirds IMO.

1/3 - Playing with McIntosh. His ruckwork wasn't great but more importantly it became apparent that he's useless anywhere other than the ruck. This is where I concluded that a team with Goldy either needs him playing 90% ruck or not at all.

2/3 - Hamish injured. Goldy almost looked back to his old self.

3/3 - Insipid. No excuses. Just got beaten by ruckmen who wanted it more.

Yet he still averaged a goal a game (Taz 1.4) more marks, more kicks, more handballs, more tackles playing forward ruck. He could play Taz's role as Taz was the forward who led out of 50 the least.

Goldy was crap for all bar a handful of games. No excuses, he spudded it up.

Hamish is not a forward. He is competent to rest there for 10-20% of the game but is not a forward.

Happy for him to be traded IF we get a decent deal, otherwise I'd rather keep him. The risk with that is he may walk in 12 months time.

Not as tough, I'd suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of light hearted humour, thank god! :thumbsu:
Trade week/month/year/whatever is serious f***ing business. This thread is no place for lighthearted humour.

There's no way Hank could play Tarrant's role. The success we had with the talls was built around elite fitness and leading patterns. Hank can't cover enough ground to make the repeat leads.

Goldy's year can be split into thirds IMO.

1/3 - Playing with McIntosh. His ruckwork wasn't great but more importantly it became apparent that he's useless anywhere other than the ruck. This is where I concluded that a team with Goldy either needs him playing 90% ruck or not at all.

2/3 - Hamish injured. Goldy almost looked back to his old self.

3/3 - Insipid. No excuses. Just got beaten by ruckmen who wanted it more.

VERY HARSH

Rnd 17 - 47 HOs in the bests against a ruckman pushing for AA
Rnd 18 - 48 HOs, in the bests North 51 HOs entire game
Rnd 19 - 37 HOs, 6 Tackles North 38 HOs entire game
Rnd 20 - 34 of 37 HOs, in the bests ........ beaten by Bellchambers imo
Rnd 21 - 40 HOs, in the bests, pantsed Jolly
Rnd 22 - Was ill played a shocker
Rnd 23 - 30 or 32 HOs, not great
Final - Smashed by Cox/Nic Nat as in rnd 15

so final 8 games, 4 times in the bests, Rucked almost 100% exclusively, and got crook.

His main issue is that Cox/NN is simply too much for a guy rucking alone. Other than that his end to year really wasnt bad.

VERY HARSH

Rnd 17 - 47 HOs in the bests against a ruckman pushing for AA
Rnd 18 - 48 HOs, in the bests North 51 HOs entire game
Rnd 19 - 37 HOs, 6 Tackles North 38 HOs entire game
Rnd 20 - 34 of 37 HOs, in the bests ........ beaten by Bellchambers imo
Rnd 21 - 40 HOs, in the bests, pantsed Jolly
Rnd 22 - Was ill played a shocker
Rnd 23 - 30 or 32 HOs, not great
Final - Smashed by Cox/Nic Nat as in rnd 15

so final 8 games, 4 times in the bests, Rucked almost 100% exclusively, and got crook.

His main issue is that Cox/NN is simply too much for a guy rucking alone. Other than that his end to year really wasnt bad.

He got stuff all possessions in most of those games.

Hamish stays if we don't get a first rounder

Geelong has completed a medical examination of North Melbourne ruckman Hamish McIntosh and also has some interest in North defender Luke Delaney.
The medical prognosis on McIntosh is understood to be relatively positive, given that the ruckman has had Achilles injuries and had LARS surgery to his posterior cruciate ligament.
If the Cats were to acquire Delaney - who plays as a tall back - along with McIntosh, it would make it less likely that they would pursue Melbourne free agent Jared Rivers, who wants to play for a Victorian club.
McIntosh is due to be paid more than $400,000 next year and is interested in a move because the Roos have shown a penchant for rucking only Todd Goldstein, with Drew Petrie or other tall forwards providing the back-up.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-firm-for-tippett-rivals-20121005-2750a.html#ixzz28R2h6Zo0

Obviously Geelong think they doing us a favour and taking Hamish off our hands. I would take pick 40 if it comes with Horlin-Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back