Past #41: Blake Drury - delisted end '24 - 10 NM games/3 NM goals - thanks Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

yep he's better but he's too slow, other clubs see it we for some strange reason don't
Yeah absolutely. He’s not AFL standard that much is obvious but was more referring to the fact there should only be room on the list for one of them next season.

his greatest attribute is his attitude, neither will be the next phil krakour or LT but the dilemma is who we retain until someone can displace them,
I think if the AFL lets us keep the rookie spots (and we're bottom two on the ladder so they should) we keep them both for a year. I think Cooper is done and we will get River Stevens but unless they have a talented small forward on the draft board its wok giving them both another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for him as a person.

As a footballer I'm confused what made us rate him highly in his draft year that he didn't then demonstrate in the AFL.

ie He looked to play pretty much as you'd have expected based on U18s footage.

Saving grace is it was a pretty stinky rookie draft overall

As a footballer I'm confused what made us rate him highly in his draft year that he didn't then demonstrate in the AFL.

Think all the experts were saying he was unlucky not to be drafted and was likely to be one of the first few in the rookie draft

Caulfield Grammar alumni

A little bit stiff to be honest. Was given his opportunity earlier in the year when all of our forwards struggled due to our ball movement. And even then I thought he lead up well and offered something.

He is small, and he is not quite quick enough. Given his workrate and who he surrounds himself with, though, I wouldn't be surprised, like Laz, if he doesn't pop up on a list again one day

his greatest attribute is his attitude, neither will be the next phil krakour or LT but the dilemma is who we retain until someone can displace them,
Hopefully he find peace and gets a good career out of the VFL or wherever
Wish him well

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #41: Blake Drury - delisted end '24 - 10 NM games/3 NM goals - thanks Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back