Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Even more so if the Hansen talk is true.

Yep. If we lose both H and Lachie (personally believe he will stay), then it's an imperative to get an established big man - I favour Martin, Z Clarke and Dawes in that order (Dawes probably wants too much cash, but he is quality despite his shit 2012).

We'd have to replace him in a couple of years anyway. Pick reflects his age

I agree but as backup if goldy goes down next year we are talking about replacing hamish with someone who is nowhere near as good as him.

Either way, i think the club needs to find a backup no.1 ruckman, not a utility type so stephan martin wouldnt be a great fit on reflection.

Any Ruckman we target would have to be told there is a very real possibility he wont play AFL at all for the season.

Given HMac want's out I think its pretty safe to assume he has been told there is only 1 spot available.

Thus Teffy is right, getting a tweener is a waste of time. Seaby or some such hack Ruckman who just want's a contract is about the best we could hope for. Anyone decent is not going to want to play VFL for a year.

I'm not a huge fan of Martin. Few games i've seen is he seemed soft and chased cheap kicks - good for Dreamteam, not so much an AFL club.

There is a reason Melb (who need all the help they can get, even looking at Dawes) are more than happy to get rid of him, and he's only 25.

I'm not a huge fan of Martin. Few games i've seen is he seemed soft and chased cheap kicks - good for Dreamteam, not so much an AFL club.

There is a reason Melb (who need all the help they can get, even looking at Dawes) are more than happy to get rid of him, and he's only 25.

I dont trust that Melbourne know much at all at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously, Daw is untested at AFL level, I keep hearing that big men take longer to develop around here!?!?!?!?!?, Daw does in no way shape or form replace Hansen or Tarrant.
If Daw is selected it will be as sub for sure nothing else pending form which come on guys is unlikely and I would say unrealistic he comes in and comes up to our expectations immediately...
With Hamish going I would be keeping Pederson, no way waste a pick on another ruckmen...Mabon has future and worth persisting with there....

I suspect your "few games" seen of him are very few indeed.

Come back in a year and we'll see who's right.

I suspect your "few games" seen of him are very few indeed.

Come back in a year and we'll see who's right.

Maybe, maybe not. As I said previously, he hasn't done much so far and I am not sure he adds much more than what we already have on our list.

I'd prefer to keep Hamish than get Martin to be honest.

North Adelaide. From memory, this was his first year off an AFL list since juniors.
Just had a look at his stats from this ear. Some very good games, some average. 22 years old, 201cm, 107kgs. Supposedly massive engine. Kicked a few goals and can win a clearance. It would be great to get some vision of him or some first hand accounts from BF folk.

I have a feeling the offer is terrible because we want Geelong to payout the whole contract. But I don't care, I don't even want pick #36 for Hamish, just keep him if this shit's true.

I don't see how. Unless you're thinking I mean play them all at once?

By rotating I mean, for in spot forward in the 22, based on form each week.

Small and quick for tall.

Petrie, Hansen, Tarrant AND Daw seriously limits our forward flexibility.

Yep. If we lose both H and Lachie (personally believe he will stay), then it's an imperative to get an established big man - I favour Martin, Z Clarke and Dawes in that order (Dawes probably wants too much cash, but he is quality despite his shit 2012).

You want a bloke who will likely play mostly in the reserves based on a trade that hasn't happened and a trade that won't happen?

Any Ruckman we target would have to be told there is a very real possibility he wont play AFL at all for the season.

Given HMac want's out I think its pretty safe to assume he has been told there is only 1 spot available.

Thus Teffy is right, getting a tweener is a waste of time. Seaby or some such hack Ruckman who just want's a contract is about the best we could hope for. Anyone decent is not going to want to play VFL for a year.

This is it.

We may as well just roll over cheap back up 27+ year old proper ruckmen for the next 5-6 years whilst we seek out and develop Goldys long term replacement.

If Martin wants to come on to the list to compete for Majaks spot, then by all means do it.

Small and quick for tall.

Petrie, Hansen, Tarrant AND Daw seriously limits our forward flexibility.

Which is why I would only have 3 in the 22 at anytime..

Daw/Hansen/Tarrant to battle it out for that forward spot each week. I'm not entirely convinced Daw will feature much anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back