Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in the business of empowering opposition finals teams.

McIntosh to Geelong for pick 55.

Would not even be surprised...

Donald: We think hes worth more then pick 55 Balmey.

Balme: You realise it's a 3rd round draft pick Donald, it's a good deal, trust me.

Donald: Hmmm. I guess he has a pretty expensive contract as well. Well, if you say so. Deal.

If the rumours are true, it could be Hansen for Zac Clarke. I'd say that's making the most out of the situation. I wouldn't exactly be happy with a straight swap and feel we'd want Clarke + pick/s for that to go through.

Nah, Hansen isn't worth more than Clarke.

I would be happy enough to get a straight swap let alone a pick on top. In any case, unlikely as I doubt Freo will let Clarke go as he is contracted.

The Cats will send their compensation pick (received for losing Gary Ablett) to Gold Coast, and the clubs will also exchange a number of other draft picks that are still to be finalised.

WTF is that all about?

Are they going to hold back whilst they gauge the depth of our stupidity?

WTF is that all about?

Are they going to hold back whilst they gauge the depth of our stupidity?

Hypothetically,

If they swap second rounders the deal would become

Caddy and 25 to Geelong with the Compo and 36 to Gold Coast.

We then put enough pressure* onto the Cats and they on trade 25 for Hamish.

I'd be content with that.

*yet to be seen

Hypothetically,

*yet to be seen

Pick 25.

A second tier KPP/fllanker pick.

No thanks.

Hypothetically,

*yet to be seen
Its not about Hamish anymore Chron. Its about North Melbourne and the fact as it stands Geelong is better than us having gained a pick 7 draftee who can play while we have got ****.
Its also about the fact that due to the Caddy deal all we have to stand on is that there is a possibility H could be going to Geelong for a pick in the draft. With Rivers heading there too thats a mini rebuild to our potential top 4 spot.
That can get ****ed.
Its no longer who can get who.
Its about how us (8th) can finish abover Geelong (7th).
It is why so many of us are uneasy at this trade going ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not about Hamish anymore Chron. Its about North Melbourne and the fact as it stands Geelong is better than us having gained a pick 7 draftee who can play while we have got ****.
Its also about the fact that due to the Caddy deal all we have to stand on is that there is a possibility H could be going to Geelong for a pick in the draft. With Rivers heading there too thats a mini rebuild to our potential top 4 spot.
That can get screwed.
Its no longer who can get who.
Its about how us (8th) can finish abover Geelong (7th).
It is why so many of us are uneasy at this trade going ahead.

Yes, I am not happy either that Hamish is leaving, it was only a hypothetical.

Yes, I am not happy either that Hamish is leaving, it was only a hypothetical.
Yeh Hamish is worth more to Geelong then pick 25 would be. If they believe swapping with us would get the deal done theyd be kidding themselves.

Pick 25.

A second tier KPP/fllanker pick.

No thanks.
you heard of Bastinac or Harper! Our record in the first couple of rounds is outstanding of late. Atley was 17 FFS! 25 in any draft is a chance to pick the next best player on a needs basis. Basty, prolific and classy. Harper SPEED! Now compare that to Hamish, injury prone but very good at his best. Both are gambles. With Daw being upgraded and our forward structure clicking now its a no brainer really. Doubt we will end up with anything under 30 for H though in the real world!

Couldn't give a **** about players that won't be ready for another 3 years.

I'm sick of this apprenticeship bullshit.

It's hard shooting you down while I'm on ignore, but here are some players selected in the 20s of recent drafts that have meaningfully contributed within 12-24 months:

2008:

Hayden Ballantyne
David Zaharakis
Dayne Beams
Dan Hanneberry
Jack Redden

2009:

Nat Fyfe
Ryan Bastinac
Mitch Duncan
Jack Gunston
Travis Colyer

2010:

Isaac Smith
Jack Darling
Kieran Harper

The theory that every draftee takes 3-4 years is an absolute lie that is developed to suit your drama queenery.

Any guesses on his response Dish?

I will have a try

a) "I have you on ignore for a reason"
b) "I can't be bothered responding to your ****"
c) "I can't find any facts to back up any of the rubbish I spout on here but I just constantly post and argue with everyone in the hope that someone will agree with me"

C is the rank outsider

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back