Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Then isn't he worth more to us to keep him for another year?
If we trade him, and then Goldy goes down anytime during the pre-season or beyond, we are screwed.
No argument there but he is going so thats all he is worth. I'm happy to keep him too but he has decided he wants to go - so be it.

I'm happy to keep him too but he has decided he wants to go - so be it.

Reckon it's a case of Geelong making a phone call to H saying, "Want to be #1 ruck?"

He is well within his rights to look after his own interests, but the current footy department have stood by him and if they still let him go for market value/slight unders whilst under contract AND after he is publicly said that he is happy to stay if a deal can't be struck, i'd be disappointed.

I'll still back the club in at the moment as everything we've heard from the club indicates that a deal won't be done unless it suits us as well. If he does go for a 2nd round pick, will assume it's part of a multi club trade that will land us a player more suited to our needs.

Gotta love Trade week/month/eternity.

No argument there but he is going so thats all he is worth. I'm happy to keep him too but he has decided he wants to go - so be it.
Isn't he contracted? I'm all for helping H get to his club of choice, but not if we're going to get screwed on the deal. I'm sure Hamish understands this too.

For 36 they'd better be taking his contract too.

I pray this is the case more than him staying. His contract + Hale's contract + Super Gav's, that's around a million dollars of cap space free to do whatever we want with it.

You obviously don't come from the HTB school of ravings, and your post is fair and logical.
Personally and most unbiased posters believe a pick between 20-25 is fair.
Geelong don't have that at the moment but are trying thru other trades to achieve this.
The alternative is our 2nd pick 36 plus a player that suits. talk of Motlop and Christensen is ridiculous, and won't happen.
I'm sure that if a deal that is mutually acceptable can be done and that the 2 clubs are/will be more realistic than some of the posters on these boards.

Watch the attitude on North board change when we get McIntosh for a 2nd pick.
It will be ..more than he's worth, saved $500k....will break down.....we did well there etc..
Pack of flip flops who will ge a dose of reality!!!:D

Is it just me that thinks Hamish is a bit soft for not wanting to fight for the number 1 ruck spot again?

SEN have said deal is as good as done. No mention of specifics.

Is it just me that thinks Hamish is a bit soft for not wanting to fight for the number 1 ruck spot again?

Not at all. I think his attitude to chuck the towel in is disappointing also. Further, I would have thought with him being paid handsomely for SFA output in recent years (when his best is very good) he would be doing all he can to repay the club in his final year.

If we get a terrible deal that is still driven through based on his desire to leave I will be very ****ed off - in those circumstances the deal should be cancelled and he simply offers his best for NM next year.

Amazing. In the space of half an hour he goes from being an essential, quality player worth at least a top 15 pick to being an injury prone plodder with a pea heart that didn't want to stick around when the going got tough.

Personally I'm not rapt with it. I think it's a bit of a short-term move when our club should be looking a bit longer term. I'm worried he'll hold back the development of Simpson who was talked up big time before his major injury set-backs. However I'll bow to the club's better judgment and of course if he helps us win a premiership all will be forgiven. It's only a 2nd rounder and if Brown goes we'll probably get a similar pick anyway which means we might not have used 36.

From North's perspective I can understand that it doesn't look the best deal. However with the freed up salary cap you should be able to target some handy players via free agency this year or next. That and the ability to better develop other players (not held back behind McIntosh) might make this trade beneficial in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing. In the space of half an hour he goes from being an essential, quality player worth at least a top 15 pick to being an injury prone plodder with a pea heart that didn't want to stick around when the going got tough.

Considering this a forum of people who have differing opinions on the matter, you and your generalization can **** right off.

Too much happy and not enough lets do what is best for the club for mine. Every other club expects to get fairly compensated where we seem to be happy to let players go if they want for whatever we can get?

Can you provide examples of this? or is this just another one of the many wide sweeping generalisations inferring our footy department don't really give a **** when it comes to list development.

Can you provide examples of this? or is this just another one of the many wide sweeping generalisations inferring our footy department don't really give a **** when it comes to list development.
I was responding to a poster who claimed the club was happy to let him go and that it was most likely for Pick 36. I think you will find that many posters will agree that if thats the case we should also ask for a bottle of lube to be thrown in?

We are going to end up with a Jacobs/3rd rounder type, when if we are getting kids, they need to be of the JZ Atley caliber. Have we learnt nothing.

We need gun kids, not battlers. God damn I'm gonna be pissed at pick 36.

What did DMac have to say today anyway?

I am aware of Jacobs original draft position, it's the last 2 yrs that I'm going off that are the concern

Hamish for Jacobs stinks to high heaven IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back