Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of us knows what he is "worth".

All I know is, if he wants to leave and North is comfortable they can get a player we need more than we need Hamish through the deal, by trade or draft, it will be a good deal all round. Our guys can't make decisions based on whether it's good for an opponent or not - just whether our club is better off.

It's pointless for fans to be whipping themselves into a frenzy about what "MUST" happen - when/if a trade is done, a lot of people will just look silly. Hypothetical discussion and reporting rumors is a bit of fun but it does get out of hand (every year) with so many posts sounding like The List Manager.

HMAC > Collingwood
Pick 17 > North

**** Geelong!
Do Collingwood need him after recruiting Q Stick? Interesting to hear Giles signed with GWS, one less ruckman on the table, other teams might come sniffing? If we could land Hickey then Hamish even gets that bit more valuable.

Geelong won't go into next year with West and Simpson, so it's just a matter of sitting and waiting to see who blinks first? If they don't blink it doesn't matter anyway beacause H can serve his last year out and go as a free agent next year.

Problem for Geelong is that by next year Corey, Chapman, Bartel and co are another year on and the last push for a flag might be gone?

Problem for Geelong is that by next year Corey, Chapman, Bartel and co are another year on and the last push for a flag might be gone?

It's virtually gone now.

If we had padded out our midfield with a couple of mature bodied mids, then I would have rated us an equal chance with Geelong to win next years flag.

I like that Collingwood deal..... BFCAAK IIRC. Realistic given they have 2 1st rounders.

Was thinking would Geelong consider:

McIntosh, Pick 35, Pedo compensation (~#40), Pick 53 > Pick 15 & M. Brown?

Or is that too many numbers for the Chief & Croc?

What are people's thoughts on Pick 36 & M.Brown?

I like that Collingwood deal..... BFCAAK IIRC. Realistic given they have 2 1st rounders.

Was thinking would Geelong consider:

McIntosh, Pick 35, Pedo compensation (~#40), Pick 53 > Pick 15 & M. Brown?

Or is that too many numbers for the Chief & Croc?

What are people's thoughts on Pick 36 & M.Brown?

I could only see us considering Brown if Hansen leaves and that's even still a big if considering we haven't shown any interest in him?

I still think we should be pushing for one of their young players who suits our needs. With Caddy coming on board there has to be one of them that falls down the pecking order.

Why?

Why is ANYBODY interested in a key defender when we stitched up Cam Delaney until the end of 2015?

It makes no sense.
Are you always so angry at every post that doesn't fall into line with your thinking?

Arjen made a suggestion, so get over and stop making an asshat of yourself everytime someone makes a suggestion!

You would have to be the biggest twit on BF right now.

Trade winds on AFL site says North and Geelong will be meeting today to try to sort this out - Geelong held up by wanting to find homes for Brown and Gillies - and the Pederson deal being held up by these discussions as well as Melbourne's other trade talks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

Why is ANYBODY interested in a key defender when we stitched up Cam Delaney until the end of 2015?

It makes no sense.
he is 196 and 85kg....85!!!! that's not key defender material at that height....might as well develop our own rather than someone else's.....the WC version would be a better move although i dont want him either.....

Trade winds on AFL site says North and Geelong will be meeting today to try to sort this out - Geelong held up by wanting to find homes for Brown and Gillies - and the Pederson deal being held up by these discussions as well as Melbourne's other trade talks.
We better not trade Pedo until Hansen has signed.... i don't care if he wants to be here or not.... he has a family to support and will always bust his balls even if he doesn't want to.....

Geelong have a decision to make: keep pushing for one more flag, or acknowledge that it's time to build for the future. In essence, it's H or pick 15. At the moment, they're trying to have their cake (pick 15) and eat it (H). We just need to stand firm that it's one or the other for Geelong, they either pay up for the chance to have one last shot at a premiership, or they don't, and we keep Hamish. We're not (or shouldn't be) in the business of giving other teams a short-term AND long-term advantage over us. If we give them H, we're competing with them in the short-term. If they keep pick 15, we're competing in the long-term. We can't let them have both.

I wouldn't always trust the details on the club website. Cam Delaney was 82kg at time of his draft camp and I reckon would be into the around the 90 kg mark by now. He still has a way to go to be an AFL KPD in that respect but I think he could come in and do a job as a third from next year, especially with his agility.

I agree with Tef that we do not need to target another KPD. Both Delaney's Grima, Thompson, and in worst case scenario Tarrant and Hansen can be considered enough depth.

Why?

It makes no sense.

Agreed, it makes no sense at all.

We have Luke Delaney as immediate back up and Cam developing.

Given Scarlett's retirement, I think it says alot about Brown and Gillies that they would even contemplate trading them.

If we could get a higher pick I would be more than happy to pay part of his contract for the next year.

I would definitely be courting Collingwood.

Just a bit of info on Mitch Brown.

He's a tall forward (he's never played as a key defender HTB. Do you ever bother getting your info right before going off at somebody?). He was pick 15 in the 2008 draft and has had a horrible run with injury. A broken leg then a shoulder reconstruction meant he basically didn't get on the park for his first 2 years at the club. Last year he finally got a few games in the VFL before debuting in the AFL and looking really good before doing his shoulder again.

This was his first year injury free and he was very impressive up forward early in the VFL including kicking 10 in one game. He played 3 games but always struggled to find a role since he's behind Hawkins and Pods and if we go 3 talls we really need one to be able to play ruck and he can't. That's why Walker was preferred later in the season since Walker can compete in the ruck.

His strengths are his reading of the play, disposal and he's known as a very smart footballer. His weaknesses are his body size since he hasn't got any continuity (although he put on about 5kg this year) and there's been question marks over his intensity.

He's very much a hit or miss selection. He could go on to play 200+ games and be quality but he could also bust out doing nothing. If Hansen goes he could definitely play that 3rd tall role along with Petrie and Tarrant and his upside is huge. It's just a question of whether he'll ever get there.

What's he worth in a McIntosh trade? Not sure. Personally I'm not particularly desperate to get McIntosh so I don't want to give up much for him (I think we should be concentrating on 2014+ and developing Simpson as a #1 ruck). In saying that Brown wants out for more opportunities and we don't normally stand in a player's way when we've got cover in their position (he's behind Vardy, Hawkins, Pods and competing with Kersten and Walker for a forward spot or he'd have to play 3rd tall defender but it looks like we're getting Rivers in to play that role). I think some club (Bulldogs for example) would throw out a pick in the mid-late 20s for him. I'd prefer to take that rather than get McIntosh but perhaps something like a straight swap would be strongly considered by the club.

I was curious about Mitch Brown but concluded that we have Aaron Black who you could argue is in a very similar position. Then there's Daw and Curran developing also as KPP/F's, so I don't really see any real need to get him to North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back