Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomdog45 said:
Big Hamish McIntosh. what are your thoughts. i think he will get 5-10 games this year, playing mainly in the ruck. in 2006/2007 i would like to see him take over from sav at full forward. is this an option? is he too tall for ff?
I think 5 is more likely than 10 to be honest. Even though Wells played 18 in his first, he was, Wells. I just believe already with McKernan, Thompson, Petrie and Hale all capable of playing ruck right now he will be lucky to see any real solid selection. I'd love to see him play in the Wizard Cup and maybe a few games during the later part of the season, especially if McKernan goes off the rails, but the bigger players really need to be brought in at a much slower pace than a forward or midfield smaller type.

Living in Adelaide, I rarely get to see the younger guys who've yet to get a game in the seniors (they dont show VFL games in adelaide at all :().

The last time i was in melbourne (feb-mar 2004), I went to a few roo's training sessions at arden st, and made a special point to watch Macca and Grima, shore and hale, etc.

The last time I saw Mcintosh, he seemed a bit light on the frame, and looked like he needed to bulk up before getting a senior run.

Can someone in melbourne tell me how he's looking these days? Obviously he'll be getting a run this afternoon against geelong, but I just cant wait that long to see him :)

What is the go with Hamish?
Surely the Wizard Cuip was a great chance to give him a run, even just a little ground time.
But no appearance.
What do you make of this? Not even a second of play yet all the wraps at the club have him a senior player this year.
Something just doesn't add up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish will play for North next week, based on his good form yesterday, and the two weeks previous.

I would expect McKernan to be dropped from what I saw on Friday night.

Round 1: In: Perry & Mcintosh
Out: Mckernan & Petrie well it wont happen because of the lack of experience in Perry & Mcintosh but thats what i'd love to see

I've watched alot of his games with Port Melbourne in the last two years and he has really impressed me. He's an attacking type ruckman who can kick some goals. He is also a good tap ruckman which is something we lack. Why Laidley hasn't given him a run yet and has played guys like LeCras and Schwarze, who most of us thought were behind McIntosh in terms of development, is beyond me. Hopefully, he'll play next week.

It really makes me wonder too - all the talk at the club is that Hamish is the next excitement machine yet they didn't take the opportunity to blood him in the Wiz Cup - doesn't make sense.

I think they dont want to rush the the kid but i think now is the time to show us wat he can do.I dont expect miracles over night but lets put him in and give him game time.Maybe they are givin corey 1 last chance to see cos if they play the 2 kids then as i have said before its all over for corey.

he won't play while we have thomson hale petrie and mckernan in the team. were do you guys wont him played? CHB? maybe he could play FF instead of sav? but there are still others I'd have at FF, Lecras and Schwarze are different types of players. he will get a run at some stage but I think it may have to wait for injurys to get his chance or Hale to be in bad form. although if Petrie and mckernan are droped that would leave a spot for him to slot into.

Envelopes said:
he won't play while we have thomson hale petrie and mckernan in the team. although if Petrie and mckernan are droped that would leave a spot for him to slot into.

McKernan can't possibly keep getting a game on the hope that he will relive past glories. McIntosh and Hale can surely share the ruck, with Thompson to help out. Both Hale and Hamish can go forward too. The other option is to play Petrie in the ruck and Hale at CHF, which I wouldn't mind seeing.

No need to kill prospects. Most would accept that we are unlikely to win a flag this year. The coaching staff took the opportunity in the Wizzer to give a couple of players a real chance to establish themselves (McKernan, Piciaone) and to get the other forwards to work together in the new structure (Petrie, Thompson, Rocca). McKernan has shown that he is no longer an option (something most of us have realised for a while). They will start the season with Petrie, Thompson and Rocca as key forwards, and Hale in the ruck. After an appropriate period of time, if it is not working, the likes of McIntosh and Chad Jones and Shore (if he ever gets right) will be looked at.
There is no guarantee that McIntosh is good enough, although we are willing to believe he will be.
Bigger players need time and patience. Next year we are likely not to have mcKernan, Rocca and Archer so plenty of opportunities for bigger bodies will occur.
..but I understand that the forward line output on Friday frustrated all supporters!!!

Onslaught.

How does Hamish look...?

Put on weight, dropped weight, running well etc etc?

In other words, is there anything you can see that would have forced Deano to him back so far this year?

Ta

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back