Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Majak's punch away from the Footscray player while going back with the flight of the ball in the win against them was as good a defensive effort as any of the "top line" defenders in the league put in all year.

Protip - if Majak backs up this year with the same form, and we make finals (two would seem to go hand in hand) then you can rest assured they'll make him All Australian.

The narrative of it would be irresistible.

Snake_Baker

I'm saddened to hear that Majak is going to miss out on the AA defender's spot (because he's busy kicking 60+ goals as 2nd fiddle to Brown). Truly saddened.

I'm saddened to hear that Majak is going to miss out on the AA defender's spot (because he's busy kicking 60+ goals as 2nd fiddle to Brown). Truly saddened.

If he does that, expect him to be the Face of Footy in 2020.

And the AFL to introduce a new rule that says he has to play for Collingwood because that's how it is.

Majak's punch away from the Footscray player while going back with the flight of the ball in the win against them was as good a defensive effort as any of the "top line" defenders in the league put in all year.

Protip - if Majak backs up this year with the same form, and we make finals (two would seem to go hand in hand) then you can rest assured they'll make him All Australian.

The narrative of it would be irresistible.

Snake_Baker

10 years in the making!!!!!!

giphy.gif

10 years in the making!!!!!!

Every player takes at least 10 years to learn the game. Daw started a lot later than most, that's all.

If he maintains his output over the next few years it'll be a great decision by the club. If he improves it'll be an even better one. If not it was probably still worth taking the chance on that sort of athleticism. Its paid off with other players over the years.

Every player takes at least 10 years to learn the game. Daw started a lot later than most, that's all.

If he maintains his output over the next few years it'll be a great decision by the club. If he improves it'll be an even better one. If not it was probably still worth taking the chance on that sort of athleticism. Its paid off with other players over the years.

I’m curious about his ability to play late into his 30’s.

He hasn’t got many kms on the clock and appears to be strengthening as an athlete.

Seems to get injured but not old.

That’s all jiberish but I’m curious and think he may play for a while to come.

I’m curious about his ability to play late into his 30’s.

He hasn’t got many kms on the clock and appears to be strengthening as an athlete.

Seems to get injured but not old.

That’s all jiberish but I’m curious and think he may play for a while to come.

Yeah agree, he has very little mileage at all compared to Ziebell or Cunnington who are the same age. Hopefully his late start means he can play a couple extra years than he normally would have

you can see us all getting very happy after our 2019 premiership win and snake in the corner mumbling something about 20 years in the making.

He's in my team round 1 next year, based on the 2nd half of his 2018.

You have some serious issues with reality. I truly think you're neurotic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reposting this in a spirit that it deserves.

Well done Maj. You're an inspiration, both on the field and off. May you continue to inspire the opposition to wilt, wherever we play you.

Well said and well done Sopwiths North. Worth acknowledging someone who is keen to use the opportunity he's got to make a positive difference in 'being a bridge' and a role model between the South Sudanese culture and the existing Australian culture.

His thoughtfulness for a young man is impressive, as is his increased eloquence, especially coming from a NESB. Of course, having learned Arabic as well in his youth has probably helped and/or shows a gift in this area.

I think this is where The Huddle (and NMFC) also needs to be congratulated. Imagine if every organisation were to invest back into Australia's social capital in this way? (Not to say many don't.)

Some bad things floating around twitter and through other media atm about Maj. Fingers crossed they are wrong.

Anyone have any news?
Jumped off the Bolte? Broken or fractured bones I'm hearing.

Media outlets are reporting an AFL player fell off the Bolte Bridge near Lorrimer Street last night and landed in or near the Yarra River. The player is now in hospital recovering with reportedly non-life threatening injuries. The MFB deployed their fire boat to assist in the recovery of the player.

The club has not made a statement as of yet (8:45am)

Media outlets are reporting an AFL player fell off the Bolte Bridge near Lorrimer Street last night and landed in or near the Yarra River. The player is now in hospital recovering with reportedly non-life threatening injuries. The MFB deployed their fire boat to assist in the recovery of the player.

The club has not made a statement as of yet (8:45am)
Regardless of whether it was Maj or not what on earth was an AFL player doing on the Bolte last night? Really concerned for whoever it is, praying it's not our boy Maj.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back