Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majak played at the Jets on the forward line where the ball comes to him . If Carmichael , Israel and Skinner can get a game at AFL level then now are season is shot give the kid a crack , on the run he doesn't get caught , can kick the ball 10-15 longer than Edwards and probably get his hands on it just as much if not more .

This.

Folau doesn't seem to be broken mentally by his current ineptitude.

Daw will surely get at least 5 touches against Gold Coast. There is absolutely no negative in playing him the way we are currently going. Every other kid who isn't ready on our list has been gifted games, why not gift a game to the one bloke on our list that can run 50 metres without needing a rest half way.

Perhaps we should entertain giving him a run?

He's a big bloke that is prepared to throw his weight around and that alone should probably get him a game.

We need to have a line in the sand moment and right now.

No more talk.

Im happy for the development process to be followed.

I dont think we can compare him to Folau, Folau has played at the highest level (albeit in another code) and in theory should cope with the weight of expectation more than Daw.

I wouldnt want to sacrifice Daw trying to resurrect our season...No I think that will have to come from the playing group that was out there on the weekend.

Perhaps we should entertain giving him a run?

He's a big bloke that is prepared to throw his weight around and that alone should probably get him a game.

We need to have a line in the sand moment and right now.

No more talk.
Was thinking the same thing.

From all reports he really hurts blokes when he tackles.

His speed would definitely put the wind up some opposition defenders if we had him in the Forward Pocket. At this stage it doesn't really matter who we play TBH. If the effort is not there we will get rolled.

Majak Daw is to North what Tommy Walsh was to St Kilda. VFL players should not be given that much press by their club until they are ready to step up to AFL level.

Clubs actually gone to pretty good lengths to keep him away from the media, remember the whole debacle earlier this year because the club wouldnt let the media at him to ask questions and it was spun by the journos as a 'cover up'?

Was thinking the same thing.

From all reports he really hurts blokes when he tackles.

His speed would definitely put the wind up some opposition defenders if we had him in the Forward Pocket. At this stage it doesn't really matter who we play TBH. If the effort is not there we will get rolled.

I wouldn't be certain that he is ready from a pace and skills perspective but I will totally vouch for Majak as a player that approaches the physical contest with serious intent.

id give him a game just on the ruse that it might wake up some senior players that being the best 22 is not the only thing that gets you a game. many blame the gameplan, i blame our lack of preassure on the opposition, but complacency amongst the current side,(except for LT ) that they will get a game week in week out is not gonna improve our football club. thats if youve played 300+ games or five.

start making serious changes, who wants to be there or which dead wood in the vfl gets the ax at the end of the season.

no harm in giving him a game. i just hope you're not falling for the same crap saints supporters did where they thought tommy walsh was the messiah. people thought if we gave tommy walsh a game he'd be the next g train and kick a bag each week and carry us to a flag.

tommy walsh started to believe the hype and left to get a game at sydney believing he had more opportunities up at sydney, even after being guaranteed a round 1 game by scott watters. fast forward to midway through the season and its fair to say walsh has been very average at best. he has more competition at sydney too. wilkes has been better for us IMO.

Can't be bothered in pushing my case, so I will say this, He Is Not Ready

Essendon board getting you down, Nod ?

Or was the loss to the Go Dees merely an aberration ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen Majak playing for Werribee and think he is at least as ready as Harper was early last year or McKenzie this year when he was selected. However I think we can only upgrade one rookie at present and Gibson would have to take precedence. He was rookie listed as a back up to our midfield and is performing well for Werribee. Our midfield is in desperate need of another player who can get more than 10 possessions/match

( *open :s )

Watch his game against Werribee. Perfect example of why he isn't ready yet. Can do some marvelous things but too many slip ups. Just thought I'd point it out.

*Western Perth :D . Not sure where I got that one from ;) . Still, my point remains.

Hes no where near ready.

The average person won't listen though.

Exactly. He has crazy potential, but not crazy current skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back