1 reason to hate every team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hehe. I recall your CEO Brian Cook being quite disappointed that you guys didn't draw us as a home game at the 'G/Dome this season.

Adelaide - no idea what's going on. That chip and flood stuff is just awful. The one match I've ever willingly turned off was Adel v Syd in round four @ AAMI in '07. A disaster of a match - a ground which is seemingly suited to choppy football as overtaken by the two 'floodiest' teams going around. About time you guys pulled that youth card trick, we've been waiting since the end of 2003. Didn't rate them too highly in 2005 or 2006, either, a good team but full of your Perries, your Doughtys (who I like, TBH), your Ruttens (yeah an AA but boring as anything), your Bocks (I admit there's potential if the game plan frees up) and your Hudsons (the Bulldogs are kidding themselves if they think he's good enough to solve their woes in the big man department). I loate Craig's style of game, it makes a mockery of having a crack and taking the bit between the teeth. Kudos to him, he seems a nice bloke, but their matches have been worse to watch than some of the Swans over the years (ok, being super-critical, but I'm not lying, I respect Sydney, and understand that Adelaide have had some success, but come on, play with some flair!). That r.22 match v C'wood @ TD was a case in point - one of the most gut wrenching matches to watch all season. Why? Because the Crows felt to win they had to choke up Collingwood's forward supply, and clog the Pies forward fifty, before unleashing the class of McLeod, Goodwin and Thompson. It worked, but it was disgusting to watch, becase, a) they wasted talent, and b) it sat a wet blanket on what could have been an exciting clash. That disastrous umpiring call against Wakelin for 'deliberate OOB' was sickening, too, but that's not the Crows fault. Not to mention, though, the fact that they hate Victorians because they're Victorian. Don't join the once Victorian Football League if you don't like them.

Brisbane - ugh. Seriously - and again, I'm going to be hypercritical, but that's this thread for you - where do I begin? I had respect for them until Aker gobbed off about the umpires following the Coll v BL 2002 GF. Excuse me, but weren't C'wood robbed? Lynch v Wakelin was not a free kick, Tarrant v White was, Rocca's goal was a point, etal, etal. Not to mention Cloke's suspension a week prior (not a BL related incident but nevertheless). After that, it became war, payback. Slowly the respect was eroded throughout 2003 and by GF day it was gone. We were arrogant ourselves but I hate them for what they did. Brown, I respect begrudgingly now, was 'unrespectable' that day, ditto Voss v Burns a year prior - the hit was good, the sledge was the stuff of arrogance. Ever since, everyone knows the score. And no free for Caracella v Notting in round 10, 2006? Yeah, ok. Then this year Brennan decides he is a good footballer for a night and bags seven. Ugh. And their supporters - a vast majority - when did you first jump on the Lions bandwagon? Oh, 2001 GF day. Please! Some respect for the game here - FFS it is sickening that people like that come from the trees whilst long-suffering traditional fans (not bagging Fitzroy people here) have to wear years of poor performance. No time for the bangwagon leeches who think that footy started when Shaun Hart won a Norm Smith. And it disgusts me how they talk up Merrett and Patfull. The latter is handy at best, the former is just not a footballer's bootlace. Had the odd decent one, but no time for him. I like Luke Power and Simon Black, and respect the team's ability of five years ago, but that's it.

Carlton - say no more. No idea what is going on. Yeah, Judd is your savior, you keep believing that, and keep on racing through the corridor of destruction. No time for Campo (let's all chase Brodie Holland around and clock him), Franchina, and their scragging, tagging teammates. Hulme I admit I respected. Nick Stevens has morphed into a Straunchie lookalike since crossing from Port and growing his hair, Fevola's talented but really he gives the impression...nup. Bryce Gibbs - it's all talk and no action. I expected a n.o1 draft choice to impose himself on contests, not look like he's rather have it fed out. V St K in round six a case in point. He might be talented, but most other high draft choices show the eye of the footballing tiger early doors. Gibbs just tripped over in the goalsquare, that's my lasting memory of him in season #1. But he'll improve. Oh yeah, and the fact that they got Kruzier - give the poor old Tiges the priority pick, they deserved it far more. And that's only talking 2007. We could go a long way back with Carlton. The attitude of their supporters is startling at matches, let alone on BF and the like. They have no idea, one minute they're tanking, the next they want to win. Make up your minds! It baffles the neutral spectator. And Andrew Walker's roughing up of a true talent in Dale Thomas prior to round seven, '07? Why do that? Yeah, you have more muscle. W00t.:rolleyes:

Essendon - respect. I hate them because you're taught to hate all, but with the Dons I respect them. Well run club, successful and not overly arrogant. Will admit that the Hird farewell went on too long and became a bit too much, and Sheedy deserved more grace and dignity, I suppose, but how to do it is a tough one. Think they have some difficult years approaching. The list, sans Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher and Jason Johnson at his best, is barren. Monfries is not the answer, it's a big enough effort for him to go for those kamikaze, diving marks. Gutsy kid, but not first round material.

Fremantle - just pathetic. Apologies, but I'm sick of hearing how good they can be. Prove it, or say nothing at all. This Tarrant-Soloman venture was solid on paper but we, the punters, want results. Harvey's the ideal man for the job, but, really, who'd want it, anyway? Bell's good. Pavlich is a star. But that jumper is awful (moreso the away one/s), and that Purple Haze thingy is just silly. But what happens when an anchor is the symbol of your club? At any rate, let's see the show - though I'll miss Connolly, he was good for a chuckle. Funny bloke, but really they lurched from one disappointment to the other. The Johnson-Bradley combination is an interesting one. Can see Harvey's Essendon thinking, but we're talking of one guy who is slow enough at TD, and another who makes Guy Richards look fluent in his attempts to mark the Sherrin. Ok, I'm knocking the sixth draft choice of '03, but as with his club, results, please.

Geelong - well, was apathy until this year. Arrogance is emanating from Kardinia Park, and with good reason, but there's a new type of lid to be applied in 2008. Have the chance to become great, but I think that they were a good team, not so much a team of star players. I rate Corey, and Enright, but those guys are the nucleus of that side. If the Magpies, Hawks and/or Saints get it together, their top-middle end will have arguably more class. And career-best years are difficult to repeat. I must add that I have no time at all for Scarlett, Milburn or Jarred Rooke. Your name is not Max. I can hack a Richie or a Jimmy, but, son, your name is Jarred. Accept it, and take it on board. Got a mauling in the PF by the Magpies, too. Not a star footballer, not even a good one, so why he got the 'oh my gosh he's so good, so important to have him back' cheers from Cats fans when he returned against the Roos in the QF was something which had me baffled for a while. But, yeah, well done on '07, and won with humility - Eagles and Ricky Ponting take note. I like Shannon Byrnes, too.

Hawthorn - an interesting mob. Buddy's good, but I get the feeling I'll be annoyed by him by the time his career is out. An awful jumper, too, just not fun on the eyes (did that white patch for the n.o's on the back really to come back?). But that isn't why we play the game.

Melbourne - fairweather, range-rover driving, snow-loving, etc, supporters. Ok, I know this isn't a reflection of all, but they don't even seem to wish to shake the tag they have. And Paul Gardiner's an interesting type. I saw him at the footy last year with a long sleeved Melbourne jumper on - any other presidents do that? Nothing wrong with it...also loathe the fact that they think the QB is their big day of the year. Just count yourselves fortunate that Collingwood allows it every year.

North Melbourne - nothing, really. They just go, and go again. Good luck to them. They deserve it, too. They aren't the in-your-face types, and gave Sav a second chance. Hate them on gameday, but that's it.

Port Adelaide - pass me the teamsheet from circa 2002-2003, and even today. Tredrea's over the hill and a ridiculously, chronicly overrated footballing commodity. A good mate of himself, too, it seems. Ditto Chad Cornes (admit he can play) and Kane Cornes (admit he cannot play). Williams I respect, but he does come out with some bemusing things, but it's good for the game. And their history? It started in 1997. Build on it. And the jumper clashes? They joined our competition, so you play by our rules.

Richmond - they're ok, they're funny. They're like supporters of the English cricket team, they an have a laugh at themselves. Richo's funny, good value. I like Tivendale. Supporters can be a bit whacko on occasions. But they stick. Wallace is a good bloke, too.

St Kilda - wasted opportunities, Baker, O'Dea, Milne (was actually likeable until 2003), supporters who try to claim that they are part of the Big Four, and are better than Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and the like. The answer is no. Get back to us once you've added another 12-14 flags to your 26 spoons. Like Ross Lyon, Andrew Thompson, Jason Cripps, and Robert Harvey, though.

Sydney - chip, chip, chip, stoppage, stoppage, stoppage etal ad nauseam...add a lot of nauseam. Ok, they get results, and I respect that, but, really, accept, it's all so boring. Win with flair like you did in 2003! Kirk's good, and why they got rid of Schneider baffles me. I also do not rate your Dempsters (admittedly not their issue now), your Bevans, your Roberts-Thomsons (please don't tell me you rate him), that 'Red and White Army' I see bandied about on the Wikipedia page of the 2006 GF, etc. The South Melbourne contingent I rate. Those who jumped aboard in 2005/2006 I do not. Have no time for them - it would be the same with Pies fans in 2007, Essendon fans in 2000, etc. Cannot stand it. Unless you are a kid (5-10), forgetaboutit.

West Coast - good team onfield, the rest we know. Finally weeding out the problems, and they'll always be thereabout. Respect them because they play good footy. I like Braun and Glass, too. Rowan Jones was so underrated, but on the flipside, they unloaded Andrew Williams upon us (and we lost Chipper Adkins in the same deal, too :mad:).

Western Bulldogs - the 2006 EF says it all. How arrogant were they? Get a grip, it was six years since your last final, eight since your last win, and 52 since your last flag. That's reality for you. And outside players like Farren Ray do not go down well. What a horrendous waste of a top five selection!

My 2cents.

good read:thumbsu:

Geelong - We have won 1 flag in 50 years so now we officially the greatest time ever in the history of any sport ever in the world. They also fart in jars so they can pull them out of their pockets and sniff them at various times of the day.

In English ?

adelaide - south australians
brisbane - for having j.brown
carlton - being the most successful club ever
collingwood - joffa
essendon - for dumping sheeds
fremantle - west australians
geelong - 2007 flag
hawthorn - kennett
melbourne - fickle fans
north melbourne - laidley
port adelaide - south australians
richmond - wallace's deflections
st kilda - germ milne
sydney - afl's lovechild
western bulldogs - sacking leon cameron
west coast - west australians

Collingwood 11 of their 14 flags won before WW2 and their constant reference to greatness.

Hawthorn, a club that has had too many pretty players. Plus the 70's rivalry. Had the momentum to over run North in the semis 2007, which I thought was going to happen until their pretty boy Crawford close lined Harvey like a coward at a crucial moment and essentially threw in the towel and sent the message to the rest of his team "give up we cant do it".

Western Bulldogs, their tragic history. Nothing at all to be proud of. Chokers 1997-Libba the little midget over celebrating a goal that wasn't.

St.Kilda, I thought sport and competition was about winning, not consistent under achievement. This club is a joke, top list promising so much and not getting anywhere. Disappointed they let Adelaide take the 97 flag.

Richmond, don't dislike them that much. Their fans of the last 25 years are a bit like St.Kildas on mass turning up to watch an under performing team. I have met the Richmond Grog squad, a bunch of animals.

Essendon, hard to dislike a club that gave you a flag by loosing to Carlton 1999.

Geelong, 1994 if only we had made it to the 94 final. I think Mooney is an absolute wank$r. Should be the proudest club in Victoria as they have their own stadium. Unfortunately it's in Geelong.

Carlton, Tried in the past to buy us, own us, takeover us. Smashed us in 1995 prelim.

Melbourne, Don't really know anything about this club.

Adelaide, 1998 GF the best team didn't win.
Port Adelaide, who the f&ck do they think they are? Crap song, crap colors, if you lived in Adelaide why would you support Port?

Fremantle, Who takes these guys seriously? see above (Port)
West Coast, Early 90's they looked like freaks, faster , stronger, better then anybody else. It's like they cloned Schwarzenegger. Plus I hate Hungry Jacks

Sydney, "Honey what should we do tonight? Go to The Mardi Gras, Theater or look the Swans are playing tonight at the SCG"

Brisbane, Nobody says "Baaall" at the Gabba.

adelaide - south australians
brisbane - for having j.brown
carlton - being the most successful club ever
collingwood - joffa
essendon - for dumping sheeds
fremantle - west australians
geelong - 2007 flag
hawthorn - kennett
melbourne - fickle fans
north melbourne - laidley
port adelaide - south australians
richmond - wallace's deflections
st kilda - germ milne
sydney - afl's lovechild
western bulldogs - sacking leon cameron
west coast - west australians

Did a Western Australian root your girlfriend behind your back??

Collingwood 11 of their 14 flags won before WW2 and their constant reference to greatness.

Hawthorn, a club that has had too many pretty players. Plus the 70's rivalry. Had the momentum to over run North in the semis 2007, which I thought was going to happen until their pretty boy Crawford close lined Harvey like a coward at a crucial moment and essentially threw in the towel and sent the message to the rest of his team "give up we cant do it".

Western Bulldogs, their tragic history. Nothing at all to be proud of. Chokers 1997-Libba the little midget over celebrating a goal that wasn't.

St.Kilda, I thought sport and competition was about winning, not consistent under achievement. This club is a joke, top list promising so much and not getting anywhere. Disappointed they let Adelaide take the 97 flag.

Richmond, don't dislike them that much. Their fans of the last 25 years are a bit like St.Kildas on mass turning up to watch an under performing team. I have met the Richmond Grog squad, a bunch of animals.

Essendon, hard to dislike a club that gave you a flag by loosing to Carlton 1999.

Geelong, 1994 if only we had made it to the 94 final. I think Mooney is an absolute wank$r. Should be the proudest club in Victoria as they have their own stadium. Unfortunately it's in Geelong.

Carlton, Tried in the past to buy us, own us, takeover us. Smashed us in 1995 prelim.

Melbourne, Don't really know anything about this club.

Adelaide, 1998 GF the best team didn't win.
Port Adelaide, who the f&ck do they think they are? Crap song, crap colors, if you lived in Adelaide why would you support Port?

Fremantle, Who takes these guys seriously? see above (Port)
West Coast, Early 90's they looked like freaks, faster , stronger, better then anybody else. It's like they cloned Schwarzenegger. Plus I hate Hungry Jacks

Sydney, "Honey what should we do tonight? Go to The Mardi Gras, Theater or look the Swans are playing tonight at the SCG"

Brisbane, Nobody says "Baaall" at the Gabba.

U Left out North.

Adelaide - Red-necked South Australians, i bet that incest bloke barracks for adelaide
Brisbane - I hated roger merritt he took a dive more than lloydy and i hate the extra 800,000 they got a year to play with that was balony
Carlton - they bought the 1995 flag (luckily stephen oreilly squeeled, the only good thing he did his entire career)
Collingwood - Too many of them and they just make me sick and have so many hacks going around in their midfield and my best mate barracks for them and talks that much trash
Essendon - Lloydy (anyone who has 1 borbourn after winning an afl flag makes me sick)
Fremantle - I went to the melbourne vs freo game this year and there was this clown who reckons he knows mundy but he clearly didnt (and their cheer squad in melbourne was a joke)
Hawthorn - The tripe and dribble that is spoken by so many on BF, the arrogance for no reason is a joke (will be pretenders)
Melbourne - They are the oldest club and have no passionate supporters especially my mate here who is reading this he is just rubbish
North Melbourne - They win enough flags but still have no supporters, sort it out
Port Power - Also South Australian but i like them for showing up hungover in the GF last year (Choko is a wank)
Richmond - The worst team since i have been alive (im 22) they are the laughing stock along with carlton and freo
St Kilda - Riewoldt is a little baby and they have had more coaches than i have had hot dinners
Sydney - If there was 16 teams like this we wouldnt have a professional sport id rather watch under 9's than these football destroying hacks
West Coast - 92, 94, matera, heady, kemp the whoel team from those days actually
Western Bulldogs - Rival Collingwood with the whole no teeth thing and brad johnson always tears us up

lol just read it. it actually was very funny. unfortunately my hate is only for Collingwood:

-They think they're as good as Carlton but they've had less flags
-They think they're the best club but they got REJECTED by Nick Stevens and REJECTED by Chris Judd
-Those with some teeth left have...hang on that's no-one:D
-They comfort their lack of recent flags on their motto: "close enough IS good enough"; after FAILING to beat brisbane in 02, and after FAILING to beat brisbane in 03, and after making finals last year only to FAIL and LOSE again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos - No loyalty to their roots at Arden St, willing to move North for a few bucks. Supporters, get behind your effing team

Just in case the news hasnt reached your ears yet. North Melbourne is staying in Melbourne. Last year we said no to the Gold Coast and have a record membership.

AS YOUR LOCATION STATES MATE. WA IS THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE. I CERTAINTLY DON't GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE FOOTY THAT GOES ON OVER THERE.

lol now that got that off me chest

And you come from that shit hole called Shepparton that I visited.....very briefly mind you ( the smell got to me), and you feel qualified to comment??

;)

Adelaide: They think they have the best backline, when ours is clearly the best.
Brisbane: Hate Leigh Matthews, no particular reason.
Carlton: Cheating mongrels.
Collingwood: Mick Malthouse is a whinging w***er & they think theyre so hard done by.
Essendon: There supporters go over the top at times.
Fremantle: Dirty thugs who can't play football.
Hawthorn: Apparently the "heir to the throne" when they haven't done anything to show they're near Geelong this Year.
Kangaroos: We could have had 1 less victorian team.
Melbourne: The club that stands for nothing.
Port Adelaide: Take a bow.
Richmond: 1 good player in the past 20 years.
St.kilda: Weren't they supposed to be superior to Geelong?
Sydney: I see it but i dont believe it.
West Coast: Had a great Dynasty in 2006.
Western Bulldogs: Where's our respect, waa.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 reason to hate every team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back