NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Superbowl XLV: Piitsburgh Steelers (2) vs Green Bay Packers (6)

can we not have the Super Bowl thread ruined by Riggy and his shit please?

Five years on BF and he's gunna be the first poster ever I'll be putting on my ignore list.

...might add Kings Army to that too while I think of it..

This will be my one and only post in the Superbowl thread. Too many blow ins for any serious discussion.

The NFC North Packers to win the SB with a dominant offensive and defensive effort against the Steelers. Aaron Rodgers or Greg Jennings for MVP.

Just a little interesting piece of information as well.

In the last 10 Superbowls there's only been 4 different AFC representatives, where as there has been 10 on the NFC side.

Just a little interesting piece of information as well.

In the last 10 Superbowls there's only been 4 different AFC representatives, where as there has been 10 on the NFC side.

almost a reverse of the 80s to mid 90s, when only San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, NY Giants + one appearance by Chicago represented the NFC.

With a fan like aussiedude I feel dirty wanting Green Bay to win but I really can't stand the Steelers, even more so after today so go the Pack.

Can we ban aussiedude if the Pack win, or even if they lose, but please. Thanks.

God, this is as bad a result as the Collingwood v St Kida grand final. Two rival teams i don't want to win.
If i have to pick one...i guess GB. Keep the Stelers at six SB's Makes them more catchable.

@espnafc_north For tweeps asking about #Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey, I talked to him in the locker room and he thinks it's a high-ankle sprain.

@espnafc_north Maurkice Pouncey thinks he can play in two weeks but that's usually a 3-week or more injury. He will need to rehab well.

Loving ONE HD at the moment;

Full coverage of the Superbowl, from pre game to the game itself, with all the SB adds too.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

http://onehd.com.au/us-sports-12022.htm

Monday February 7th: LIVE all states and ONLY ON ONE as broadcast by FOX US

6:00 am AEDT- LIVE: NFL: The Super Bowl XLV Pre-Game Show
Sample the atmosphere at Cowboys Stadium as experts and past players share their opinions ahead of the Super Bowl. The live four hour countdown features previews, player analysis and entertainment from Keith Urban before the game.
(5.30am ADE, 5.00am BRIS, 3.00am PERTH)

10:00am AEDT - LIVE: NFL: Super Bowl XLV
Undoubtedly the biggest event on the US sporting calendar, the NFL: Super Bowl XLV will be broadcast live and exclusively on ONE HD, direct from Cowboys Stadium in the heart of Texas. The Green Bay Packers will face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers with halftime entertainment will feature the Black Eyed Peas. And, of course, it wouldn’t be the Super Bowl without the creative and uniquely flavoured advertisements.
(9.30am ADE, 9.00am BRIS, 7.00am PERTH)

God, this is as bad a result as the Collingwood v St Kida grand final. Two rival teams i don't want to win.
If i have to pick one...i guess GB. Keep the Stelers at six SB's Makes them more catchable.

As long as Jerry's alive we'll never catch Pittsburgh, whereas if Green Bay win they'll only be one behind and will inevitably match/overtake us

Oh, and 1 more prediction, this year is the NFC team to choose what guersey they wear, I predict Green Bay will go with their white guersey becaues they've worn and won in white, this whole offseason so far.

Pittsburgh had this same idea in the superbowl versus Seahawks which was pivotal in their victory, but they have worn and won in black through their playoff campaign so far, albeit one less game than GB. Would make a better spectacle with Green Bay wearing home uni though

Forewarning to all.
Please do not ruin this thread with personal attacks or baiting others to personally attack.
Please do not post stupid shit.
Otherwise infractions will be handed out.
Self-moderation > moderation.

Packers/Rodgers, because it's what I want to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers

I'm going to go, Packers and BJ Raji

now, before people go what the ****

I just think Big Ben will be under seige all game from Matthews and Woodson, and he'll step up in the pocket into the waiting arms of Raji

Raji to set Superbowl record for sacks, with 4 as well as a forced fumble, while getting a few more TFL, as he slaughters an injured Pouncey/backup C in the guts

I'm going to go, Packers and BJ Raji

now, before people go what the ****

I just think Big Ben will be under seige all game from Matthews and Woodson, and he'll step up in the pocket into the waiting arms of Raji

Raji to set Superbowl record for sacks, with 4 as well as a forced fumble, while getting a few more TFL, as he slaughters an injured Pouncey/backup C in the guts

i like how he has been playing this week on INFL Warren Sapp called Raji a bowling ball of butchers knives. but has improved a lot all year and will need to play big in pass and run stopping to help the packers win.

Re: Supabah XVL Celebration of NFL Football

the more you want me to shut up the more it makes me want to piss you off. and the less i care what you think.

Oi Aussiedude..
Dirty Bird is the NEXT DUEL Champ. :thumbsu: respect :D Got the score on the board regards these boards. Something you don't. :p Challenge is always welcome though in 2011. :thumbsu:

As for the the Supabah. I'll just say this one last time and let it be. I have seen my Steelers WIN their TWO RINGs. I've very very grateful. Believe me. Anything more is simply a 'bonus'. :p
Winning the Conference Championship is a happy feeling no doubt and having experienced a lost Supabah (XXX) as a shattering experience esp before the euphoria of winning one (let alone two). Can't be too greedy y'know. ;)

I wish the Packers (fans) all the VERY BEST. They'll surely deserve it if they're good enough on the day. Just remember that the likes of Mendenhall (going for their first) and all the veterans most likely playing for their last chance at a NFL Championship will give it everything they have. No holding back. Packers will NEED to bring their A- Game which I'm sure they'll do.

WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE BELTER. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I just hope the Steelers are trailing at Half TIME. Steelers too complacent
to hold off potent opponents. :eek::eek::eek:

Enjoy it folks..

I know I'll be ENJOYINg the Big Day with a few beers amongst the AE guys FEASTING.... FIRE up the Weber Chism!!! :thumbsu:
bbq.jpg

GO STEELERS!!!

HereWeGoSteelers.gif
HereWeGoSteelers.gif
HereWeGoSteelers.gif
HereWeGoSteelers.gif

If Steelers win, there'll never be as more bandwagoners ever in the history of the NFL either pre-merger or post-merger.

Many people who jumped on the Pats when looking for a winning team to support, thinking they would be winning 10 SBs, imo will be swinging to the Steelers.

Re: Supabah XVL Celebration of NFL Football

Woodson ...

stop posting BBQ pictures. you're making me extremely hungry and it's far too late at night for a steak! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back