NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers

What's with the silliness from weagles-fan and woodson voting for every option :thumbsdown:
ummm, they didn't........Well, woodson didn't anyway

Gotta stick with the Pack, no choice really, both from an emotional and financial standpoint, I simply can't find any reason to "support" the Steelers, as much as I respect them for what they have achieved.

The one "advantage" of their is one is the "virtual" dome for the Packers IMO.

I know most will say "WTF", but hear me out.

The Packers are the better "air" team, both on defense and especially on offense, and when the conditions are near perfect, as they will be no matter what the conditions in Arlington, the team that throws the ball more, or just "better" has the advantage.

The other advantage I see for the Packers is for the first time in the playoffs, the Packers go to a stadium that is not the other teams home ground. The crowd in Pittsburgh helps the Steelers more then any other crowd in the NFL in my opinion (Seattle maybe comes close), and with the SB being a "quiet", reserved crowd, in comparison, the Packers won't feel they are as far from home as they have recently.

Just my plain opinion, criticise if you want, I'm open to it, but I see the Packers winning if, and it's still a big if, they don't choke under the pressure of what is the first SB appearance for most (if not all?) of the team.

Early tip;

Packers 35 - Steelers 31 in a high scoring classic.:)

No matter which way this game goes though, it won't be a blowout, IMO we have the two best "teams" in the NFL in the SB (doesn't happen every year) and they will fight tooth and nail till the clock reads 0.00, or maybe even past that.:)

Re: Superbowl XLV: Piitsburgh Steelers (2) vs Green Bay Packers (6)

ps - the Monday factor is the only reason I see it as acceptable, if weagles fan has no plans at all, then it's unnacceptable to miss the superbowl

This is what I meant. If someone has a day off and they're not watching the Superbowl because they "don't like the teams" then shame on them. However, if you can't physically watch it, then of course.

I for one will only see snippets due to work.

The one "advantage" of their is one is the "virtual" dome for the Packers IMO.

I know most will say "WTF", but hear me out.
I think most people will actually agree with you, I know I did (then again, that might be why people could go wtf :p)
dome = perfect conditions (as long as it doesn't cave in)
and that advantages a passing team immensly

Have to go for the Packers in this 1.Going to be a great game and will have to record on Foxtel IQ.Hopefully next year is Dallas Cowboys thats wat i want to see.

The Burgh and Woodley for MVP

Justa feelin'.

Justa feelin'?? GO to the dentist damn you!! :D You're the KOD grrrr... please choose the Pack.

Hopefully next year is Dallas Cowboys thats wat i want to see.

Nah... J-E-T-S are seeething.. they'll be HELL BENT to get the one that got away. No different to North in 1999 from 1998. Dallas will have to queue up. :p

What a game this is going to be! I am not confident picking either team but i allways stand by the old adage that "Offense will get you to the big game but Defense will win it" and so i am going with the Steelers to win in what will be a close nerve wracking game.

Steelers. 34

Packers. 28

I think it will come down to a last minute game winning drive that will be needed by the Pack to win but Polamalu will come to the party with a game winning pick.

Steeler Defense will be to much for the Packers.

It's all about momentum, which both teams seem to have.

I'm still not ballsy enough to lay out my tip and scoreline yet. Will do so after the Pro Bowl.

they might have been the #6 seed, but many felt they were the best NFC team heading into the playoffs anyway. they have shown why they were pre-season favourites to make the big dance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be good to see the Packers win it as they are the underdogs and haven't had Pittsburgh's record of success in recent years, but I think (depending on how bad the injuries are to key Pittsburgh defenders) Pittsburgh will probably win.

They have been there, done that..so know what is required. Pittsburgh are too professional, and determined, but if Green Bay can match intensity and seeing how Green Bay's defence has improved over the season (Raji and Shields were brilliant yesterday) it might be an upset victory to the Pack. Their defenc(s)e has improved out of sight over the playoffs-which is a good sign going into a Superbowl.

Green Bay need at least a 14 point gap to keep the pressure off - anything with 10 points in the last quarter- Pittsburgh will most likely win.

Surely a number 6 seed cannot bob up and beat an experienced SB outfit like the Steelers?

the Giants were the 5th seed in 07 when they beat the 18-0 #1 seed Pats. so its not like it cant happen. and also most "Experts" with NFL.com/ NFL Network, ESPN and all the other media outlets have been calling the Pack the most dangerous #6 seed ever

Re: Superbowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers (2) vs Green Bay Packers (6)

This will be my one and only post in the Superbowl thread. Too many blow ins for any serious discussion.

The NFC North Packers to win the SB with a dominant offensive and defensive effort against the Steelers. Aaron Rodgers or Greg Jennings for MVP.
So precious. Hope it pans out the way you predict.

the Giants were the 5th seed in 07 when they beat the 18-0 #1 seed Pats. so its not like it cant happen. and also most "Experts" with NFL.com/ NFL Network, ESPN and all the other media outlets have been calling the Pack the most dangerous #6 seed ever

The Steelers have already won a Super Bowl from the #6 seed. So, I don't know how you can be more dangerous than that.

I'm thinking we will see the first Superbowl go to overtime with the Packers running out 27-23 winners.

Isn't this impossible. Your saying it is 20 all at the end of regulation, then the steelers have first possession and score a field goal so 23-20. Packers take control and go all the way for a td so 26-23. no need for a conversion attempt as the game is won.

my tips- packers by a td. With rogers basking in the flawless conditions offered by Jerry World. 24-17 (3x TD 1x FG - 2x TD 1x FG)

The Steelers have already won a Super Bowl from the #6 seed. So, I don't know how you can be more dangerous than that.

have you seen Rodgers in a dome in the Playoffs? has scored like 100 points in 2 games, and the superbowl is in a dome. but i the packers are a dangerous team how many teams can make the superbowl with 17 players on IR?

have you seen Rodgers in a dome in the Playoffs? has scored like 100 points in 2 games, and the superbowl is in a dome. but i the packers are a dangerous team how many teams can make the superbowl with 17 players on IR?
pfft Arizona and Atlanta hardly have good defenses. Even on Philly's crappy defense he only managed to get 3 scores. He is average unless his receivers can get wide open watch him throw for 2 picks and 0 touchdowns in the SB.

A question on gamepass:

Does anyone know if they will offer a superbowl only discount for the game? The dont have a superbowl only package at the moment. I'm going to miss the game, and I want to watch it the second I get home and with no ads.

Will the cheapest option be to buy a monthly/weekly pass?

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could offer
Thanks!

Isn't this impossible. Your saying it is 20 all at the end of regulation, then the steelers have first possession and score a field goal so 23-20. Packers take control and go all the way for a td so 26-23. no need for a conversion attempt as the game is won.

my tips- packers by a td. With rogers basking in the flawless conditions offered by Jerry World. 24-17 (3x TD 1x FG - 2x TD 1x FG)

Alright 26-23 then.

does anyone know if it is being broadcast into regional WA? I've got access to Fox 1,2,3 no espn, win, gwn, abc1, sbs. i wish it was still on sbs

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back