Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant- Guilty. Didn't doubt him as a player, but more his ability to make an impact given his injury limitations.
Thomas- Not guilty.
Cunnington- Guilty.
Anthony- Guilty. Disposal has improved heaps. But then again, so has the whole side's.
Hansen- Guilty
Scott- Not guilty. Always thought criticism was unfair.

specifically relating to LTs set shot routine he has got rid of that little sidestep one step before release and has done his action wonders.
Thought there was something different going on, couldn't work out what it was...
That one in the second quarter from the angle while the Pies fans around him were going absolutely feral... looked so confident, routine was smooth, struck it beautifully. Love his celebrations too.

Yep they are all proving their doubters wrong.

I didn't think that Cunners had the scope for improvement,but he has been fantastic with his defense.

Taz still needs to learn to use his body better in marking contest, but is doing well with other areas of his game.

LA is doing great. The only criticism I have for him is that he has blazed away a few times the last two when running into the 50 with a shot at goal.

you could prolly state dishes sitter and goldys 3 cracks were a little errant as well but if you have enough shots you will generally score regardless.

Yep they are all proving their doubters wrong.

I didn't think that Cunners had the scope for improvement,but he has been fantastic with his defense.

Taz still needs to learn to use his body better in marking contest, but is doing well with other areas of his game.

LA is doing great. The only criticism I have for him is that he has blazed away a few times the last two when running into the 50 with a shot at goal.

Never given up on any of them.

Worried about their development at times certainly.

I was also all for giving Cunners a run in the magoos to get some confidence back and a chance to play in the guts instead of some contrived HFF position.

That said its hard to fathom the turn around in the team at the moment. I had definitely given up hope of finals after the Hawthorn game. I'm soooo glad the players never lost faith. Speaks volumes for their mental fortitude.

Wait until he packs on some more muscle.

cart061.gif

we're starting up a collection, with him & Atley

images

Any other Loony Tunes characters out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an aside note (not that we should be complaining) that holding the ball decision against him was appalling. He seems to get a couple against him every week (some very dubious in my opinion). The best part about it is that he has still a mountain of improvement left in him.

I agree! That decision was an absolute joke! In fact, come half time I was spent and needed the break as much as the players.:D

I'll put my hand up and say that i had my doubts if Ben was as an AFL standard midfielder, but after his performance tonight, I have no doubt that he has a long a illustrious career with the mighty Roo's.

He has that rare ability with the ball in hand to dictate, and have the opposition sagging off him waiting for what he is gong to do with it.

Full credit to him as a player and person, and also to the coaching staff for how they have handled his progression.:thumbsu:

2013 will be Bens true breakout year. Another preseason to improve the tank and build his muscle up to another level, and wow.
id say looking at ben he would be one of the stronger kids at the club, he looks like a natural footballer and a his decision making is quality. he reminds me a lot of anthony stevens, but i feel cunnington can be better. if he were to improve his tank and become a consistent performer, a brownlow is not beyond him

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back