Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Killed it again tonight against the best in the business.

24 posessions, 11 tackles, 75% DE, 69% TOG.:eek:

Will be absolutely monstering the opposition in 12 mnths time.

I'll wind the clock back and get up a highlights package tomorrow once I've sobered up.

and the free against was a joke.

Took the ball, no prios opportunity, grabbed by 3 opponents, ball held to him. Clear ball-up, same as the other 30-odd times the same thing happen ed.

Yet the peanuts decided to pay a free?????
It was a classic case of plucking a free to get the ball moving again after a few ball ups in a row.

Utter BS decision.

My charge sheet:

Tarrant -guilty as charged
Thomas -not guilty
Cunnington -guilty
Anthony -not guilty
Hansen -guilty
Scott -A long way from guilty. (BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO NORTH FOR A LONG TIME)

Ok there is my confession claim, who else is going to own up.
Tarrant, Cunnington and Hansen have gone to a level a didnt think they could and I couldnt be more happy to say I was wrong. Great effort from them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until he packs on some more muscle.

cart061.gif

My charge sheet:

Tarrant -guilty as charged
Thomas -not guilty
Cunnington -guilty
Anthony -not guilty
Hansen -guilty
Scott -A long way from guilty. (BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO NORTH FOR A LONG TIME)

Ok there is my confession claim, who else is going to own up.
Tarrant, Cunnington and Hansen have gone to a level a didnt think they could and I couldnt be more happy to say I was wrong. Great effort from them all.

Tarrant-Not guilty
Thomas-Was guilty last year when he was doing all that diving crap and missing goals
Cunnington-not guilty
anthony-not guilty
Hansen-Not guilty
Scott-Was starting to have my doubts after the Port game, but stuck with him.

I didn't want Thomas in the team when he had the yips but I didn't doubt him, he just needed to get his confidence back outside of the spotlight. I still feel taking him out earlier could have helped him.

Anthony is the other one I was critical about, and still am a little. Not about his work rate or what he does, just his decision making going forward and the execution. I still think it could do with a bit of improving but am really happy for him, getting a lot more contested ball, tackling more and becoming a better all-round player.

I don't think I have ever written anyone off, I just say when I think they need a spell outside of the team to work on some form or fix up a few issues. I don't see going to the VFL as being the death knell some people make it out to be.

The good judges knew he was always going to be something special.

Destroyed it tonight.

The "good judges" also knew he wasn't doing enough, and i'd consider Scott to be a good judge so im glad his demotion earlier this year has done wonders for his development.

Brilliant game last night, now doing what supporters have hoped for and should become (if not already) a top player. Real barometer for the midfield, good on him :thumbsu:

I didn't want Thomas in the team when he had the yips but I didn't doubt him, he just needed to get his confidence back outside of the spotlight. I still feel taking him out earlier could have helped him.

Anthony is the other one I was critical about, and still am a little. Not about his work rate or what he does, just his decision making going forward and the execution. I still think it could do with a bit of improving but am really happy for him, getting a lot more contested ball, tackling more and becoming a better all-round player.

I don't think I have ever written anyone off, I just say when I think they need a spell outside of the team to work on some form or fix up a few issues. I don't see going to the VFL as being the death knell some people make it out to be.
I don't think people calling for a spell in the VFL necessarily have much to recant - although sometimes those calls seemed premature to me. But I seem to recall (not from Tas) a lot of "Simply not AFL standard", "Never going to cut it", "Trade him while he has some currency" type calls, which were completely OTT - especially when talking about players with sub 20 games.

I don't people calling for a spell in the VFL necessarily have much to recant - although sometimes those calls seemed premature to me. But I seem to recall (not from Tas) a lot of "Simply not AFL standard", "Never going to cut it", "Trade him while he has some currency" type calls, which were completely OTT - especially when talking about players with sub 20 games.

It got heated at times because people saw them in our best side or in LT's case didn't want to drop him because it would feel like we gave up on him. I still believe what is best for the their development should take precedence.

I just feel some people make a really bad call and at times will not want someone to succeed in order to justify their call, I think it is why Lachie has a lot of haters in general, same as Robbie. Even after Robbie had a good 4 or so week period, as soon as he had one quiet night some people were all over him again. I don't get that.

I don't get how someone can support our or any club and will someone to not be the best they can be.

The players I assume referred to in the OP (Hansen, Anthony, Taz etc) have deserved negative attention at certain times. Scott has done the same in his own way, whether it be via dropping them or private discussions, to continue their develoment.

Does that mean people have written them off.....no (well, not me at least), or that its unfair.

Its all directed to expecting more and to make the club stronger and competitive against better teams - which appears to be happening. Not at all "heavily criticised unnecessarily", in fact its been the best thing for them as now they expect and are producing high standards themselves. Not that hard to understand!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back