Past #10: Jesse W Smith - 27 games for NM - traded to Saints at end '09 - 0 further games in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome Back Jesse

Gibbo left to chase a flag

Smith wanted to leave becouse it just wasn't working.

completely different in my book
Scott mentioned nothing about chasing a flag...said if you dont want to desperately play for the club or somethin like that, you can go....interested to see what plays out in the forthcoming weeks.

Not sure what happened this week, did Smith get served up a dose of reality or were we asking too much?

in all honesty im pretty sure all clubs did a medical test n just said 'uh.....nah thanks'

Re: Where to for JWS?

Only a couple of weeks ago Scott came out and said if you don't want to be here we don't want you.

2 weeks later Jessie said he doesn't want to be at the club.

The reality is unless Scott acknowledges that the speech was nothing more then grandstanding fueled by a room full of alcohol and testosterone then he is a complete hypocrite.

That's it, you're 100% spot on, sack Scott.

(sarcastic-y eye rolly thingy)

rooiginal is right, brad scott needs to stick to his word. jesse smith made it quite clear that he doesnt want to be at north melbourne. if he now decides to stay with us just coz noone picked him up then i think its stiff shit for jesse, brad scott (or north melbourne for that matter) shouldnt be accepting that jesse smith thinks of north as a last resort and still offer him a contract. brad scott needs to stick to his word and only keep players that desperately want to play for the club, otherwise im sure alot of due hard supporters will be disappointed in him and lose alot of respect for him

I think a handful of idiots will squeal but the rest of us will remain true to the cause and support Brad Scott as he begins his career as a senior coach.

Scott mentioned nothing about chasing a flag...said if you dont want to desperately play for the club or somethin like that, you can go....interested to see what plays out in the forthcoming weeks.

Not sure what happened this week, did Smith get served up a dose of reality or were we asking too much?

I reckon he said something like: "we're chasing success and you can define success in many different ways."

It's either kiss and make up or into the PSD and you're off to Freo or Richmond.

I reckon we have lost him to the pre-season draft. Donald Mcdonald blocked any trades - so if he leaves for nothing - which it appears he will - we know who to f..ken blame.

Jesse mate you have put big pressure on yourself...

Get fit, play some consistant footy and maybe other clubs might take a look at you...

I just hope you can get yourself back on the park, because mate we have a spot in our best 22 for you easy......

Only a couple of weeks ago Scott came out and said if you don't want to be here we don't want you.

2 weeks later Jessie said he doesn't want to be at the club.

The reality is unless Scott acknowledges that the speech was nothing more then grandstanding fueled by a room full of alcohol and testosterone then he is a complete hypocrite.

When Gibbo said he wanted out he was called all the names under the sun, when Smith says he wants out but cant be traded we are talking about changing his mind and having him back. Sorry but in my thinking nothings different .....Therefore Jesse Smith.......P**S OFF!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

When Gibbo said he wanted out he was called all the names under the sun, when Smith says he wants out but cant be traded we are talking about changing his mind and having him back. Sorry but in my thinking nothings different .....Therefore Jesse Smith.......P**S OFF!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Shoot me down, but compassion needs to be shown. This is a kid who is seeing his lifes dreams disappear. He Has watched his father play and dreams of being able to do the same. It is definately not the same as Gibbo. JWS is acting out of desperation. Nothing more! Imagine if it was you in this situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Jesse said "find me a new home if you can, otherwise i'll stay", I don't see the point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be there.
It's obviously been on his mind for a few months. He'd have to convince the club he really wants to play for north, otherwise psd for him.

Shoot me down, but compassion needs to be shown. This is a kid who is seeing his lifes dreams disappear. He Has watched his father play and dreams of being able to do the same. It is definately not the same as Gibbo. JWS is acting out of desperation. Nothing more! Imagine if it was you in this situation.

That comment is just un-BigFooty-like and has no place on here.:mad:

His dream might be disappearing but so have a lot of other players. He elected to move on after everything North had done for him . North have looked after ,and taken care of him all through these times and now he says he wants out. We want loyalty and commitment from everyone and if Jesse isnt prepared to give them let him go. Being desperate is not a good reason to want to play for us.He can always play in the vfl like all the others before him who didnt make it.

So on that note, I asked another player whether he desperately wanted to be part of North Melbourne next year, and xxxxxxxx answered ‘no’,” Scott said.

“So on Monday morning we will trade him out of the club, we will move him out and we will get two young players who desperately want to play here.

“If you don’t want to play for this club you can play for someone else because we have got something special here.”

should jesse smith stay or go?

kool kangas started a thread asking me to make a poll so here it is please vote everyone

Re: J. Smith poll please.

no worries ive done it for you mate
should be near the top of the page somewhere :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Jesse W Smith - 27 games for NM - traded to Saints at end '09 - 0 further games in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back