11/7 = Carlton Vs St Kilda @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Saints, good win, especially after the late Carlton challenge.

FINAL SCORE
Carl 12.15.87
StK 18.11.119

Thats all folks for me! Hooroo! Hope you enjoyed the crappest effort at online score posting ever!

Well done to Saints, good win, especially after the late Carlton challenge.

FINAL SCORE
Carl 12.15.87
StK 18.11.119

Thats all folks for me! Hooroo! Hope you enjoyed the crappest effort at online score posting ever!

Hahaha, nah you were good mate. For much of the game I was following this thread and game day live simultaneously. For a few minutes it was in front of you though...might wanna sort that out :D;)

Blues fans again brought back to earth after finally thinking their sorry excuse of a club is going somewhere. Fantastic result :thumbsu:

Our club has improved immensely on last season, unlike your team who have gone backward. We know we aren't ready for finals football yet, but just watching the 19 year old Bryce Gibbs take another step forward with a 28 disposal game, lets me know we are heading in the right direction.

Yet, that is offset by Murphy's continuous kicking woes. On Gameday live there were no less than 4 "ineffective kicks" registered by Murphy in the first quarter alone

Gave too much of a start really. Quite a lot of players MIA tonight. I have to say though, Gibbs is an absolute ####ing gun. :thumbsu:

Interesting times for both clubs for the next 3wks to prove where they are at. Good to see 55k odd crowd tonight...hopefully keep it up!
Carl: Syd, Bulldogs, Adel
STK: Haw, WC, Port

Interesting times for both clubs for the next 3wks to prove where they are at. Good to see 55k odd crowd tonight...hopefully keep it up!
Carl: Syd, Bulldogs, Adel
STK: Haw, WC, Port

Carlton might be able to scrape one win from that run.

If the Saints are serious about playing finals, they will win two.

We should beat west coast, Port seems to be our Bogey team, but we have usually got them when they are up and running and well they aren't at the moment.

Carlton might be able to scrape one win from that run.

If the Saints are serious about playing finals, they will win two.

Agreed, anymore for both sides will be a bonus. Mind you sometimes sides are better at causing upsets than winning games they start as favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done to the saints.
any top8 hopes are now put to bed for our boys. St Kilda should be three wins a head of us with 4games to go.

Our club has improved immensely on last season, unlike your team who have gone backward. We know we aren't ready for finals football yet, but just watching the 19 year old Bryce Gibbs take another step forward with a 28 disposal game, lets me know we are heading in the right direction.

How have we gone backwards?

Last year we relied heavily on our older players and are now fielding a very young team. I'd say we've done well considering our new coach and relying more on our younger players.

Also, we beat your mob who are apparently superior.

Well done to the Saints. As I said last week that when they kick it quickly into their forward line they look very dangerous. Was very impressed with Harvey again, still features in the Saints best.

Carlton are showing signs, but were definitely outplayed tonight and were only really kept in the match by the dreadful umpiring.

Well done to the Saints. As I said last week that when they kick it quickly into their forward line they look very dangerous. Was very impressed with Harvey again, still features in the Saints best.

Carlton are showing signs, but were definitely outplayed tonight and were only really kept in the match by the dreadful umpiring.

Bingo!

They received at least 5 goals from free kicks.. :mad::thumbsdown:

Good effort by the blues (inaccurate kicking cost em early) but coming from behind to win again is not healthy football and the outcome reflected that.

what we learn from the game...

Carlton are not a top 8 side at this stage (which is obvious becuase they are yet to beat a good side) The fact that are still "alive" in 2008 shows the massive improvement over the last 18 months. I think there are still a few holes in the line up in key position spots that need to be filled as well as games into the immense talent already at the club which will make the difference.

St kilda are the better team at this time but we'll find out next week (against the hawks) if they are the real deal or just making up the numbers (my money would be on the latter). At the end of the day they needed to win more as it would have been 'world war three' at saints land this week have they not been able to hold on.

Comments?

Good effort by the blues (inaccurate kicking cost em early) but coming from behind to win again is not healthy football and the outcome reflected that.

what we learn from the game...

Carlton are not a top 8 side at this stage (which is obvious becuase they are yet to beat a good side) The fact that are still "alive" in 2008 shows the massive improvement over the last 18 months. I think there are still a few holes in the line up in key position spots that need to be filled as well as games into the immense talent already at the club which will make the difference.

St kilda are the better team at this time but we'll find out next week (against the hawks) if they are the real deal or just making up the numbers (my money would be on the latter). At the end of the day they needed to win more as it would have been 'world war three' at saints land this week have they not been able to hold on.

Comments?

I think everyone already knew the Saints were a better team than the blues but there was a big chance of an upset after our late run into form. St Kilda are just filling up the numbers in the top 8. They are definitely not a danger team going into the finals.

Carlton has a better list and brighter future. Very impressed with Rattens coaching and carltons youngsters ( especially Gibbs ).I think Rats makes great changes at critical stages, such as putting waite forward and his times for rotations are usually spot on. Only criticism is that he took Fev off for too long. Sure he had to discipline him but when he brought him off, he brought the whole team down. Discipline him on the track during the week.

Thoughts?

I think everyone already knew the Saints were a better team than the blues but there was a big chance of an upset after our late run into form. St Kilda are just filling up the numbers in the top 8. They are definitely not a danger team going into the finals.

Carlton has a better list and brighter future. Very impressed with Rattens coaching and carltons youngsters ( especially Gibbs ).I think Rats makes great changes at critical stages, such as putting waite forward and his times for rotations are usually spot on. Only criticism is that he took Fev off for too long. Sure he had to discipline him but when he brought him off, he brought the whole team down. Discipline him on the track during the week.

Thoughts?
i thought you carlton had a better list tonight we had 8 players play under 20 games tonight it was our most inexpericence side since 2002 against collingwood they said on radio

Thoughts?

NO. Our best players are at the age where they should be producing their best football (most are) and we played quite a few youngsters against you tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

11/7 = Carlton Vs St Kilda @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back