Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

With Martin, Miles and Vlas in there we dont need another slow midfielder, especially someone who has no experience in there whatsoever.

He is slow, but that doesnt mean anything as an inside mid. He is a big body, a tough player, good overhead and actually lays a pretty heavy tackle. Our current mids are far too small and get smashed inside. Jake wont make it as a defender, but is he worth trying as an inside mid? I couldnt see him doing any worse than our current crop. My only concern would be his tank, but I think he has the size and toughness.
Perfect companion with Moore and Townsend in the2s

KmY2TH6.gif

Both have that thousand yard stare.

Has lost me the batch , was a believer that whenever we played our best footy in recent years , he generally figured ,,,,aPart from finals , but hey who did. Has been plain woeful in his senior appearances in 2016 and will most certainly be the first dropped this week to make way
Expect him to be traded or delisted , might turn out to be another ländler

Club needs to come clean on Yaz, if he is not playing anytime soon then piss him off onto the LTI and get Marcon in the guts where he belongs. Big body inside mid on the rookie list. Conca will be back in a few weeks so Short goes back to rookie list. Marcon needs to be next.

Batch is a defender leave him there.

Last edited:
He is slow, but that doesnt mean anything as an inside mid. He is a big body, a tough player, good overhead and actually lays a pretty heavy tackle. Our current mids are far too small and get smashed inside. Jake wont make it as a defender, but is he worth trying as an inside mid? I couldnt see him doing any worse than our current crop. My only concern would be his tank, but I think he has the size and toughness.

worth a shot and we dont even have to teach him the defensive side to the game at HB ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah, should play at ff. I want to see his impersonation of GAblett snr.

Give him a run in Ruck, i mean he's no Griggs but you never know..

Getting back to the op, he is too slow to play on the smalls, not strong enough to play on the bigs. Bigger body who generally makes good decisions. I am worried about his lack of pace but given our lack of options (back to Moore and Townsend again...again) I think at the very least it is worth a try. At 1 and whatever we are, we have nothing to lose.

Why is it that our rookie list is better than many on our Senior list?

Most o' the rookies will be upgraded years end or the following year.

Nope. Batch would be better as a 3rd tall forward than an inside midfielder. Too slow physically as well as by foot.
He does have a good mark and can kick reasonably straight. Plus he has played in the backline so he has already learnt the defensive side of his game.

His problem is his disposal.
Only more expericence will fix that.
He is a really good 3rd man up and when Yarran finally plays hopefully playing Batch means Vlaustin can stay in the guts

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back