Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

His problem is his disposal.
Only more expericence will fix that.
He is a really good 3rd man up and when Yarran finally plays hopefully playing Batch means Vlaustin can stay in the guts

How much more experience does he need. His already played 79 games and if anything his ability to provide a rebounding option and use the ball efficiently has got worse each season since his second. Which although he has played a different role since then that doesn't change the fact that more should be expected out of him with regard to providing rebound.

Come the end of the season we should be looking to rebuild the backline before any other area of the ground. Chaplin, Batchelor, Hunt and Morris shouldn't be anywhere near it come round 1 next season.

How much more experience does he need. His already played 79 games and if anything his ability to provide a rebounding option and use the ball efficiently has got worse each season since his second. Which although he has played a different role since then that doesn't change the fact that more should be expected out of him with regard to providing rebound.

Come the end of the season we should be looking to rebuild the backline before any other area of the ground. Chaplin, Batchelor, Hunt and Morris shouldn't be anywhere near it come round 1 next season.
His role has changed. Grimes has over taken him in the pecking order.
His intercepting marking is very good though. Joel Bowden good IMO

Great post could not agree more.

Having Batchelor on your list is not improving your list. Need to always improve your bottom six to ten if you're to be successful.
Keeping the same low ballers on will just keep you where you're at with future failure. Always must be looking to improve your list
Hawthorn Sydney and Geelong are masters at it.

Surely eclipsed Hammer today with the worst goalkicking attempts I have seen for a long time.

Deadset we have some of the worst skilled players in the comp, the AFL probably produce a video for young kids for how not to do things, our club would feature in just about every clanger known to mankind.

Three shocking clangers in a short space of time but outside of that he was ok. Actually provided some drive and pushed up the ground in the absence of every half back flanker on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batchelor has survived only because our game plan has allowed him to - slow sideways movement. Pretty much sums up him really.
If we ever adapt a more attacking game style he'll be of no use. Has absolutely no leg speed and very one sided.
As far as match ups go he is not up to playing 3rd tall and to slow to play on good smalls or meduim forwards.

Didn't drop his head, kept having a dip. Saved a certain goal after his smothered kick by crashing in and pushing Lynch off the ball. I forgave him.

He's a great example of what is wrong with us. He should be a Joel Bowden type, 200 game player, sets us up off half back and opens the play up with his left boot. One of our draftees that improves us.

However, he has stagnated at a time when he should be pushing forward. He took the game on most of today, more than some of his teammates but his errors are shocking at times. The shot on goal he just tried to kick too hard.... the one he missed at the other end is the one I expect a better effort from. He is being used more as an option coming out of defence due to the usual guys missing out through injury.

With Houli, Yarran, McIntosh and Morris all available, he'd be struggling for a spot in this team. Mind you, if TV tried as hard as Batch I'd be a happier person.

Spud

Never been a fan...today cemented my belief (again)
How make dumb ass decisions & shanks can the team cop?

Needs to make way for a Cal Moore, Broad, Drummond ...anyone else really

Broad is no good, makes dumber decisions and worse clangers.... under less pressure at a lower level.

Batch's decision-making is generally ok, it's his execution that is sucking at the moment.

He's a great example of what is wrong with us. He should be a Joel Bowden type, 200 game player, sets us up off half back and opens the play up with his left boot. One of our draftees that improves us.

However, he has stagnated at a time when he should be pushing forward. He took the game on most of today, more than some of his teammates but his errors are shocking at times. The shot on goal he just tried to kick too hard.... the one he missed at the other end is the one I expect a better effort from. He is being used more as an option coming out of defence due to the usual guys missing out through injury.

With Houli, Yarran, McIntosh and Morris all available, he'd be struggling for a spot in this team. Mind you, if TV tried as hard as Batch I'd be a happier person.

The Joel Biwden comparison is what keeps us holding on for dear life to Batch

He ain't Joel and never will be PC as you say

Broad is no good, makes dumber decisions and worse clangers.... under less pressure at a lower level.

Batch's decision-making is generally ok, it's his execution that is sucking at the moment.
A middle of the road side like us ATM can't cop clangers...even if they are as bad a Broads ...time to move on

A middle of the road side like us ATM can't cop clangers...even if they are as bad a Broads ...time to move on

I would have Batch in before Broad any day of the week.... however if we had more cattle, neither would be playing.

Realistically of the guys I have seen at VFL level, there are precious few who come in and make any sort of difference. Townsend could come in but I doubt he'd improve us in the area that he needs to play. Menadue is moving quite well. McBean might give us what Vickery does (so could my cat at the moment) or less, Chaplin could play a role but I see no point in playing him. Castagna could come in (would prefer him to Hunt to be honest) and that's it outside of the rookies. Callum Moore, Chol would be the best of them.

All the guys who would improve us are injured at the moment..... Houli, Yarran, Lennon, Vlastuin (will be back next game. I spoke to him today and he reckons he was right to play today but the docs put him in cotton wool)...

I would have Batch in before Broad any day of the week.... however if we had more cattle, neither would be playing.

Realistically of the guys I have seen at VFL level, there are precious few who come in and make any sort of difference. Townsend could come in but I doubt he'd improve us in the area that he needs to play. Menadue is moving quite well. McBean might give us what Vickery does (so could my cat at the moment) or less, Chaplin could play a role but I see no point in playing him. Castagna could come in (would prefer him to Hunt to be honest) and that's it outside of the rookies. Callum Moore, Chol would be the best of them.

All the guys who would improve us are injured at the moment..... Houli, Yarran, Lennon, Vlastuin (will be back next game. I spoke to him today and he reckons he was right to play today but the docs put him in cotton wool)...
get creative, play both Cal Moore and Drummond

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back