1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought you may be interested in what bucks said regarding some magpie posing post win. Some are offended by it, prompting bucks to defend his club by staying its for content, and the media are looking for a story.

Gary defended the media.

Next minute Gary said clubs need content.

Confused.gif

I thought the Friday night call with the two Gerards, Huddo and Nathan Jones was good.

Thursday night was just ok. For some reason Dwayne sounds completely different on radio than he does on the telly.

The AFL should mandate that if you have the TV or Radio rights, you are required to be at the ground when broadcasting. It's not just SEN, the Fox game today between Adelaide and Freo was nearly ruined by it. Absolute disgrace from million dollar companies.

I don't know where there isn't more discussion about this around the place. I've seen a bit on twitter but it doesn't have any traction among media types for obvious reasons.

I remember Hutchy and a few others saying that stuff like this would stay post-covid but it's an absolute joke and embarrassment. The national sport and competition, and people are calling from a ****ing studio. I could cop it back in the day when they did it for pre-season games but there is absolutely no excuse to not be traveling in March 2022. Actually the only time this year it would be acceptable is if there was a covid outbreak within the Fox Footy team and a few blokes had to double up and it wasn't doable with the travel etc. but far out. The AFL should not accept this.

I don't know where there isn't more discussion about this around the place. I've seen a bit on twitter but it doesn't have any traction among media types for obvious reasons.

I remember Hutchy and a few others saying that stuff like this would stay post-covid but it's an absolute joke and embarrassment. The national sport and competition, and people are calling from a ******* studio. I could cop it back in the day when they did it for pre-season games but there is absolutely no excuse to not be traveling in March 2022. Actually the only time this year it would be acceptable is if there was a covid outbreak within the Fox Footy team and a few blokes had to double up and it wasn't doable with the travel etc. but far out. The AFL should not accept this.

problem is, in the AFL sphere, everyone are mates. There's so much crossover that no on wants to step on anyone elses toes. its a small industry where protecting ones self is paramount

I remember Hutchy and a few others saying that stuff like this would stay post-covid but it's an absolute joke and embarrassment. The national sport and competition, and people are calling from a ******* studio. I could cop it back in the day when they did it for pre-season games but there is absolutely no excuse to not be traveling in March 2022. Actually the only time this year it would be acceptable is if there was a covid outbreak within the Fox Footy team and a few blokes had to double up and it wasn't doable with the travel etc. but far out. The AFL should not accept this.

This is the way of the world - Even before COVID struck, Channel seven Had planned to only send commentators for three or four sports to Tokyo for the Summer Olympics and even less for the Winter Olympics - This is the way of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont dislike Andy Maher and Andrew gaze as people but man they really are a terrible unlistenable pairing, both have such grating buffoonish voices and sit on the fence with every single news item.
agreed. as people they are top notch persons.

There was a girl calling the GWS /Swans game yesterday and she was pathetic and the male callers were nearly in the same standard

Jo Wotton - Called VAFA for a number of years, and most recently AFLW for both Ch7 and SEN.

I'd cut her some slack, as Hutchy makes them call that game from the SEN studios in Melbourne.

You can almost get away with calling off the TV for a TV broadcast, but calling off the TV for radio doesn't work - as per previous posts here about the BBL.

Jo Wotton - Called VAFA for a number of years, and most recently AFLW for both Ch7 and SEN.

I'd cut her some slack, as Hutchy makes them call that game from the SEN studios in Melbourne.

You can almost get away with calling off the TV for a TV broadcast, but calling off the TV for radio doesn't work - as per previous posts here about the BBL.
Shot ON goal is bullshit .Why do we need a female caller on everything , some of them are terrible like that Lisa Stethlaker. Fox cricket girls cricket is called by all girls cough cough

Shot ON goal is bullshit .Why do we need a female caller on everything , some of them are terrible like that Lisa Stethlaker. Fox cricket girls cricket is called by all girls cough cough
good observation this,kelly underwood( fox sports),i think thats her name, is terrible to listen to,cant somebody within the industry be honest and just tell them they dont have the tone for calling live sport.
Lying to them or pretending theyre ok is not doing anybody any good.
its like Crown employing a hot looking female dealer whos nice enuff but cant count to save herself and makes errors that cost the company money
but they keep her on anyway because theres not enough of em (good lookers) on the payroll

good observation this,kelly underwood( fox sports),i think thats her name, is terrible to listen to,cant somebody within the industry be honest and just tell them they dont have the tone for calling live sport.
Lying to them or pretending theyre ok is not doing anybody any good.
its like Crown employing a hot looking female dealer whos nice enuff but cant count to save herself and makes errors that cost the company money
but they keep her on anyway because theres not enough of em (good lookers) on the payroll
Underwood is terrible , what shits me is that you can't say anything as they are females , but we can bag BT or JB for being hopeless . You bag Hutchy , but if he was a girl it would be a crime

Cant wait to hear Gerald sook tomorrow . He will have to admit he ****ed up.

He said no way rioli could get off and the only way West Coast should appeal is if they wanted to throw away the 10k fee for going to the tribunal.

The arrogant pompous prick is wrong and I can't wait to hear his whiny sooking voice tomorrow.

He calls for apologies from everyone who makes an error. Let's see what he's like when he is wrong.

Crickets I'll bet...

Suck shit Gerald. You were wrong!

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back