Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard’s meltdown on Twitter has been amazing. Someone made up a fake quote and attributed it to him, he is demanding anyone who reposted it to take it down.

It's just going to make it worse. People are going to come up with more quotes now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the follow-up Whateley memes have been crap. The trick is to produce a quote which is close enough to be believable, or at least make you question whether he really could have said it. The Miers/Messi one had a few layers to it.
Nah, they’ve been good. Not meant to be believable, everyone has seen his ongoing meltdown and are just highlighting how stupid it is. Anyone else in the media with his platform would have come on their show the next day and had a laugh about it. He’s either got the biggest stick up his arse in the world or, as I’ve as I’ve always suspected with the bizzare way he lavishes praise on horses as if they’re human, on the spectrum. Like I’ve always suspected McAvaney is. I’m on the spectrum, I can usually pick them.

Nah, they’ve been good. Not meant to be believable, everyone has seen his ongoing meltdown and are just highlighting how stupid it is. Anyone else in the media with his platform would have come on their show the next day and had a laugh about it. He’s either got the biggest stick up his arse in the world or, as I’ve as I’ve always suspected with the bizzare way he lavishes praise on horses as if they’re human, on the spectrum. Like I’ve always suspected McAvaney is. I’m on the spectrum, I can usually pick them.

You're probably right. Making it worse he likely imagines himself as some world renowned broadcaster doing classic calls and nailing observations. The idea people think he actually said that is horrifying to him. I'm guessing a few people have had to explain the internet to him over the past 24 hours.

Hee hee! :grinv1: David King and Cornes made fun of it this morning. I didn't know that Gerard had addressed it and cracked it a little on air. :tongueoutv1: They played a couple of his comments.
Three minutes into this.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back