Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane talking to Campbell Brown , i tipped Carlton on Sunday , but i put my tips in before the season , where have we heard this

I don't mind the Sunday night show with Gossage, he's no Finey but its listenable.

Why did he get the boot ???

I always thought he was that bit leftfield and not afraid to speak his mind and/or say something controversial.

Instead, SEN is full of backslappers & boys club members who never want to say anything that may offend even if it is the truth.

Why did he get the boot ???
We reckon it was part of Hutch-Blob's big plan to present a "slicker" product (much more wooden and vanilla, in my opinion) which, going by the ratings, has been a big failure; arguably, a massive one. During SEN's best years, most shows rated between ~4.5 and 6, with their peak being low 7s for a couple of surveys (KB and Marko and Ox), but now each slot struggles to reach 3, even in the middle of footy season, despite paying people like Whateley a few 100 grand. In this year's first survey, Whateley rating 1.2, and Dwayne 1.6!

I reckon his taste is in his arse. He this everything the USA does is great. He even bags Aussie sporting events for having a backing track during our national anthem; he reckons it should he a cappella, because that's how the Yanks do it

This is the last survey
Screenshot 2023-07-07 231506.png

Last edited:
We reckon it was part of Hutch-Blob's big plan to present a "slicker" product (much more wooden and vanilla, in my opinion) which, going by the ratings, has been a big failure; arguably, a massive one. During SEN's best years, most shows rated between ~4.5 and 6, with their peak being low 7s for a couple of surveys (KB and Marko and Ox), but now each slot struggles to reach 3, even in the middle of footy season, despite paying people like Whateley a few 100 grand. In this year's first survey, Whateley rating 1.2, and Dwayne 1.6!

I reckon his taste is in his arse. He this everything the USA does is great. He even bags Aussie sporting events for having a backing track during our national anthem; he reckons it should he a cappella, because that's how the Yanks do it

This is the last survey
View attachment 1731661
They have changed the ratings system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows how much they should focus on recruiting journo types instead of ex-players.
Nah, journo's are , albeit contingently, insufferable gatekeepers; your Barrett's, your Edmunds, your McClure's all have their media accreditations (mortgages) at stake. OK, but what shits me is when they say such things as "when xyz was re-appointed three years ago , I was in favour of it....". pardon me squire? 😕

In other news, for all grease monkey's out there, I note W&B Torque Wrenches are now a station sponsor, made my day when I heard their ad. 😜

Last edited:
short answer, no ,just bc they have the job doesnt mean yur good at it,same as running a restaraunt,feedback is a must
how does one improve otherwise ? thats how i look at it
Same as with Anna , over the top with emphasising speak and wrong weather reports , is that bullying .
So many get in to Gaze as he just sounds dumb , is that bullying.
Dwayne probably cops it more than most .
I believe if your putting yourself out there , within reason your fair game

Question for all on here . We all have people on the station that we dislike , is having a crack at them on here bullying .
My view is that we listen and don't like someone we are intitled to our thoughts , as long as it's not promoting anything untoward .
I'm pretty sure they get 100s of very negative texts every day, so I reckon they're used to the basic "idiot" and "flog" feedback

Question for all on here . We all have people on the station that we dislike , is having a crack at them on here bullying .
My view is that we listen and don't like someone we are intitled to our thoughts , as long as it's not promoting anything untoward .
I think it's fine to be critical of a show, especially if you're doing more than saying "xyz is sh1t".

And even a presenter's style and delivery. It's radio after all....so eloqution and tone can be taught and trained, and is an important part of the finished 'product' (for me at least). Maybe there's a little grey area there.

Don't think it's okay to get personal - references to someone's physical charactetistics, personal history, family members etc.

I've tried to be better over time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back