Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Hee hee! David King and Cornes made fun of it this morning. I didn't know that Gerard had addressed it and cracked it a little on air.. :tongueoutv1: They played a couple of his comments.
Three minutes into this.
That’s gold. When you hear his responses blow by blow it reminds me of George Constanza’s escalating answering machine messages to the woman whose invitation he declined when she asked him upstairs for ‘coffee’

What a odd cat Whateley is.

Seeing this blow up in his face has made my YEAR.

Gerard defs told on the naughty kids during high school.

It's so good. Not sure anyone in the business takes themselves as seriously as he does. Funny thing is if he didn't make such a big fuss it would fizzle out but the more he protests the worse it gets. Just laugh it off you big dork it's not that important!

Hee hee! :grinv1: David King and Cornes made fun of it this morning. I didn't know that Gerard had addressed it and cracked it a little on air. :tongueoutv1: They played a couple of his comments.
Three minutes into this.

LOL you can tell by how hilarious they find it they know he's a really pedantic prick.

I know I've posted before about Whateley seemingly be a big fish in a small (ratings) pond at SEN and on the numbers he isn't delivering big audiences. If he were in the UK, he would be the main sports presenter on BBC Radio 5 Live which is a news station weekday mornings and afternoons then turns into a sports station after 7 on weekdays and over most of the weekend. That means the station has a massive reach. ABC 774 I think is more of a general station?

Is Gerard okay?
6cea7a4ab2a16c1d01980d1907e17100.jpg

If you ever need something to put you to sleep, just listen too Scott Lucas on crunch time

"Nick Daicos is the best afl player in the world", said dwayne.

Callers advised him that afl is barely played in one country let alone the world.

"well baseball is pretty much played in america, they have the world series.....and ya know i said it tongue in cheek a bit".

1. Baseball is played around the world.
2. World series is just a name. If it was called the world cup then we have an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Nick Daicos is the best afl player in the world", said dwayne.

Callers advised him that afl is barely played in one country let alone the world.

"well baseball is pretty much played in america, they have the world series.....and ya know i said it tongue in cheek a bit".

1. Baseball is played around the world.
2. World series is just a name. If it was called the world cup then we have an issue.
He’s never heard of the world baseball classic.

Gerald Healy used it extensively I believe when Guy McKenna was running around.
Yep. He was the one to introduce it, as a very young lad I remember him using it extensively in reference to Andrew McKay.

Yep. He was the one to introduce it, as a very young lad I remember him using it extensively in reference to Andrew McKay.
It's not just that term it's many . Centre wing , never been such a position , deefence and offence which was attack

It's not just that term it's many . Centre wing , never been such a position , deefence and offence which was attack
Oh mate, centre wing just crept into the vernacular out of nowhere and has refused to go, I really really dislike the term.

Oh mate, centre wing just crept into the vernacular out of nowhere and has refused to go, I really really dislike the term.
It used to be the outer wing /members wing and then if you knew which ground you could understand where . Then there is Sam Hargraves who says the near wing on radio , ffs how do we know. Now we have good callers like BP saying it's a ball not a kick and what is a high one and what about a shallow throw in lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back