Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

She's still kicking around? Good on her. Usually the female newsreaders on TV have a "use-by date".

I first remember her from the Steve Vizard Show days. That's a long time ago. A bit of flirtatious behaviour between the two. I always wondered whether they got it on. Also recall some salacious gossip about her, and light bulbs, champagne bottles and whatnot. This was all pre-internet, so you'd hear about these stories at the pub. Mauro Fogheri probably knows all the details
Yeah, she's 63!! Also, for someone who grew on top of a chemist shop in Niddrie, she speaks quite posh :grinv1:

Last edited:
Mel McLaughlin was terrible last night on ch7. Can someone honestly say she is good enough to be on tv? She hasn't improved since her ch10 big bash days and that was 10 yrs ago. Not sure if they think her appearance is a positive but if that's all she's got I don't see her being worth whatever they're paying her.
To make this relevant to the thread I'll finish by saying I hope she never makes it to Sen
Did you hear Whateley sucking up to her

She's still kicking around? Good on her. Usually the female newsreaders on TV have a "use-by date".

I first remember her from the Steve Vizard Show days. That's a long time ago. A bit of flirtatious behaviour between the two. I always wondered whether they got it on. Also recall some salacious gossip about her, and light bulbs, champagne bottles and whatnot. This was all pre-internet, so you'd hear about these stories at the pub. Mauro Fogheri probably knows all the details
Johnny Diesel and at the Middle Park pub

On the Ch 10 news yesterday, Jennifer Keyte also referred to the soccer as "football", which is weird for a mainstream Aussie station

On Keyte, I only know her because of a great old documentary on YouTube from 1992 about the history of Melbourne. The comments section is replete with said rumours mentioned above.

As a Brit, it INFURIATES me when people in AUSTRALIA call SOCCER FOOTBALL. People try correcting me when I say I am a football fan lol! If I meant soccer, I would say soccer.

On Keyte, I only know her because of a great old documentary on YouTube from 1992 about the history of Melbourne. The comments section is replete with said rumours mentioned above.

As a Brit, it INFURIATES me when people in AUSTRALIA call SOCCER FOOTBALL. People try correcting me when I say I am a football fan lol! If I meant soccer, I would say soccer.
It's our traditional roots with your motherland so to speak that keeps "football" in the sporting vernacular.

Mel McLaughlin was terrible last night on ch7. Can someone honestly say she is good enough to be on tv? She hasn't improved since her ch10 big bash days and that was 10 yrs ago. Not sure if they think her appearance is a positive but if that's all she's got I don't see her being worth whatever they're paying her.
To make this relevant to the thread I'll finish by saying I hope she never makes it to Sen
Don’t blush baby.

It is soccer

Mauro Fogheri probably knows all the details
Only the early days, we were in Brees and her family in Rosehill Rd, big age difference though. But those St Columba's girls 😉 They'd take the trip down the hill to meet up with the ST Bernard blokes or vice versa (it's how Llordo married Tanya LaManna) that little bushy area south of Steele Creek was popular, Steve Irwin there with his net catching taddies 😕

Only the early days, we were in Brees and her family in Rosehill Rd, big age difference though. But those St Columba's girls 😉 They'd take the trip down the hill to meet up with the ST Bernard blokes or vice versa (it's how Llordo married Tanya LaManna) that little bushy area south of Steele Creek was popular, Steve Irwin there with his net catching taddies 😕

Lived just off Rosehill Rd, a couple of drop punts from St. Bernards.

The St. Bernards guys were hopeless when it came to talking to women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever we say about his ratings or making mountains out of molehills over fake tweets, this is SEN at its very best right here.

Lot of people yearn for "the old SEN", but their coverage of cricket back then was absolutely crap. Rodney Hogg was the station's (sole?) cricket analyst, and he barely knew what was going on. Laughably bad. Chuck Berry was on a bit and was good, he didn't mince his words. Would like to hear from him more often, maybe Hutchy is afraid of him rocking the boat.

Adam Gilchrist used to be with SEN, but now gone. Tim Paine back on air down in Tassie, Ian Healy up in Queensland. Bryce McGain in Vic, I'd like them to chase Finch for Vic who's a pretty good media performer. Crash on once a week, ditto for Lalor, Bharart the new addition. It's a good crew. They've done very well in cricket.

Lot of people yearn for "the old SEN", but their coverage of cricket back then was absolutely crap. Rodney Hogg was the station's (sole?) cricket analyst, and he barely knew what was going on. Laughably bad. Chuck Berry was on a bit and was good, he didn't mince his words. Would like to hear from him more often, maybe Hutchy is afraid of him rocking the boat.

Adam Gilchrist used to be with SEN, but now gone. Tim Paine back on air down in Tassie, Ian Healy up in Queensland. Bryce McGain in Vic, I'd like them to chase Finch for Vic who's a pretty good media performer. Crash on once a week, ditto for Lalor, Bharart the new addition. It's a good crew. They've done very well in cricket.
Berry should be on every day of a test and Lalor is boring , Adam Collins was good , but seems to be trying to be a robbo with all the theatrics when on vision , having said that it's good and better with David Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back