Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Oliver obviously has ADHD as does Trac, guessing you can't be using Ritalin on game day. I had some late in a hard work day and then went straight to basketball and felt like I had Lance Armstrong's cardio. Running like I was 20 years younger. Anyway I tied an union to my belt which was the style at the time.

It's also possible Oliver didn't want to disclose it publicly at the time
It's possible but if I'm the club or his agent and that's literally all his issues were about you'd be telling him to make it public to knock the rumours on the head. Too many other things have happened now to play the mental health card and pretend nothing else is going on.

It's possible but if I'm the club or his agent and that's literally all his issues were about you'd be telling him to make it public to knock the rumours on the head. Too many other things have happened now to play the mental health card and pretend nothing else is going on.
I'm not sure anyone would be suggesting ADHD is the only issue, the clubs made it pretty clear there's a few things going on. Hopefully he can get himself sorted out

I think ADHD explains some of Oliver's behaviour, but at the end of the day he's a 26 year old man, not some 14 year old boy with challenging behaviours in the classroom. He's very capable of making responsible decisions, he shouldn't need someone to hold his hand.
Hmm, easy to tell someone with ADHD to grow up or make responsible decisions, but they literally struggle to control impulses. It's like telling someone with a peanut allergy to suck it up after eating a bag of peanuts. People can scoff all they like, but it's a disorder that a lot of people are dealing with. It actually makes sense with a lot of his behaviour.

I had a band play at a house party , and molly turned up . can't swear it was hm but found a lot of pills near where he was standing . What people say and what they do can be miles apart . And the band had a hit called "Don't fall in love " Guess who lol .
Tony Cohen produced the Ferretts, his book is unreal. Genuine wild man.

I
Hmm, easy to tell someone with ADHD to grow up or make responsible decisions, but they literally struggle to control impulses. It's like telling someone with a peanut allergy to suck it up after eating a bag of peanuts. People can scoff all they like, but it's a disorder that a lot of people are dealing with. It actually makes sense with a lot of his behaviour.
I disagree, and your anaphylaxis is a bad comparison. I actually said his ADHD helps explain some of his behaviour but it's only a small element. I know a few people with ADHD and they are more than capable of making responsible decisions and that was even before being diagnosed. He's a 26 year old man with a fully developed brain not some 15 year old.

I

I disagree, and your anaphylaxis is a bad comparison. I actually said his ADHD helps explain some of his behaviour but it's only a small element. I know a few people with ADHD and they are more than capable of making responsible decisions and that was even before being diagnosed. He's a 26 year old man with a fully developed brain not some 15 year old.
Yeah, i disagree strongly. Just because he's 26 doesn't mean he can control his impulses and that he should be 'over' his disorder! That's ridiculous. DeGoey has the same issues as does so many people young and old living with it. Got a lot of empathy for people that do live with it, and symptoms present themselves differently to every person. You have no idea what he's dealing with as it's different for each person. You have no idea the type of medication or how severe his symptoms are. Well done on knowing people who are different to Clarry and his symptoms. That's great. You're probably one of those people who believe Covid was a myth as well

Yeah, i disagree strongly. Just because he's 26 doesn't mean he can control his impulses and that he should be 'over' his disorder! That's ridiculous. DeGoey has the same issues as does so many people young and old living with it. Got a lot of empathy for people that do live with it, and symptoms present themselves differently to every person. You have no idea what he's dealing with as it's different for each person. You have no idea the type of medication or how severe his symptoms are. Well done on knowing people who are different to Clarry and his symptoms. That's great. You're probably one of those people who believe Covid was a myth as well
You're putting words in my mouth, I'm not saying he is over his disorder, I'm saying over time as you get older your impulsions also lessen. You can't tell me you have the same impulse as you do as a teenager. I'm not dismissing his condition in anyway either, I'm just saying it explains a few things about his challenges but it's not the main reason. Not sure why you feel you need to start insulting me either, I don't think I've been nasty in anyway.

Not sure why you feel you need to start insulting me either, I don't think I've been nasty in anyway.

Coz it's his favourite player ...why else? Ignore the attempted guilt trip. You've been more than reasonable, can guarantee if what you said here was about DeGoey he'd have probably given you a like before Oliver's condition popped up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coz it's his favourite player ...why else? Ignore the attempted guilt trip. You've been more than reasonable, can guarantee if what you said here was about DeGoey he'd have probably given you a like before Oliver's condition popped up.
Oh BS. I even just mentioned DeGoey in my post defending him. And Oliver is hardly my favourite player. So wrong again.

Oh BS. I even just mentioned DeGoey in my post defending him. And Oliver is hardly my favourite player. So wrong again.

Yeah, you mentioned DeGoey coz it suits your narrative, hadn't heard a word from you defending DeGoey when his other stuff popped up til now.

You're putting words in my mouth, I'm not saying he is over his disorder, I'm saying over time as you get older your impulsions also lessen. You can't tell me you have the same impulse as you do as a teenager. I'm not dismissing his condition in anyway either, I'm just saying it explains a few things about his challenges but it's not the main reason. Not sure why you feel you need to start insulting me either, I don't think I've been nasty in anyway.
How do know it's not the main reason?

Yeah, you mentioned DeGoey coz it fit your narrative, hadn't heard a word from you defending DeGoey when his other stuff popped up til now.
Ah, yeah, it fit my narrative, that's why people use examples. To fit their narrative. Just because i haven't been defending DeGoey all over every post doesn't mean I haven't felt like he's been hard done by the further I've looked at his behaviour. And since Clarry's disorder has come out, it shines a light on other players who suffer from the disorder. ADHD is getting a reputation like mental health/depression did a number of years ago, and it's unfair tbh. People like to blame impulsive behaviour on the person being simply a knob. That can be the case, but it can also be that the person is dealing with issues we don't understand completely which is making them behave the way they do.

Valid points have been made from all sides, so I don't feel I need to add more. I think there has been plenty of analysis and commentary, but at some point we all need to shut our traps and just let him make the changes he's agreed to make. He's on notice, everybody knows it. I'm going to back him in to get back to form next year and get back on the straight and narrow. It might be overly optimistic, but he's been a champion of our club and I'm prepared to back him in and risk looking stupid if he downslides again. Go Clarry!

Last edited:
Valid points have been made from all sides, so I don't feel I need to add more. I think there has been plenty of analysis and commentary, but at some point we all need to shut our traps and just let him make the changes he's agreed to make. He's on notice, everybody knows it. I'm going to back him in to get back to form next year and get back on the straight and narrow. It might be overly optimistic, but he's been a champion of our club and I'm prepared tobacco him in and risk looking stupid if he downslides again. Go Clarry!
No doubt. You can only support someone for so long. Hopefully with better understanding of what he's dealing with from himself and the club, he can move forward and play some great footy. The right medication and the right people around him is important. Will give him the best chance. You'd hope he's itching to get out there after an interrupted season.

Ah, yeah, it fit my narrative, that's why people use examples. To fit their narrative. Just because i haven't been defending DeGoey all over every post doesn't mean I haven't felt like he's been hard done by the further I've looked at his behaviour. And since Clarry's disorder has come out, it shines a light on other players who suffer from the disorder. ADHD is getting a reputation like mental health/depression did a number of years ago, and it's unfair tbh. People like to blame impulsive behaviour on the person being simply a knob. That can be the case, but it can also be that the person is dealing with issues we don't understand completely which is making them behave the way they do.

I only jumped in coz I think you were being unfair on Monkey , he was pretty balanced and in line with the clubs stance.

I really do hope he gets his life back on track despite what some may think.

I only jumped in coz I think you were being unfair on Monkey , he was pretty balanced and in line with the clubs stance.

I really do hope he gets his life back on track despite what some may think.
Fair enough mate. I'll apologise to him. My kid has ADHD as well as many of my students, so I get fired up over this topic.

Fair enough mate. I'll apologise to him. My kid has ADHD as well as many of my students, so I get fired up over this topic.

Understandable why you reacted the way you did now with a bit of context. All good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back