Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

He tried hard and wasn't the worst. Clearly is underdone but I back him to find form and fitness in the seniors.
Of course he'll find fitness in the seniors, literally everyone will. Why should the team suffer just to help him into fitness?

The whole team is suffering because most of them played like s**t. Why single Oliver out? Who would take his spot?
Why single him out? It's the Oliver thread
We're talking about Oliver in the Oliver thread because they picked a short on fitness midfielder just on rep.

You guys would be fuming if they picked an average player in the same circumstances, they talk about culture but culture would be actually picking players who are fit and ready not players on rep. That's why I our cultures ****ed.

We're talking about Oliver in the Oliver thread because they picked a short on fitness midfielder just on rep.

You guys would be fuming if they picked an average player in the same circumstances, they talk about culture but culture would be actually picking players who are fit and ready not players on rep. That's why I our cultures ****ed.
Point taken. Maybe he should not have been picked .
My point - he was no worse than the rest of the midfield bar Viney.

Point taken. Maybe he should not have been picked .
My point - he was no worse than the rest of the midfield bar Viney.

Oh, no doubt Trac and Salem were shite too.

But at least I trust Trac to turn it around within a week and Salem...well, I think I've just given up entirely on him.

There is nobody that could have been selected that would have done a better job than Oliver tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't think he was that bad, he was Oliver. If you get wow'd by stats you wouldn't have minded his game, if you like someone who gets it less but is more damaging you wouldn't have been impressed.

He is what he is at this point in his career, expecting change is silly. His ceiling isn't as high as some make it out to be, but to have this sort of game as his floor it's pretty bloody good. Expect more of the same regardless of fitness with 3 or 4 games a year where he goes off and looks a genuine star.

was literally one of our best tonight. Not because he was good but the whole team was bad. He was named in the best in the official match report too.

If you're quoting the best players from the official match report, you're doing it wrong. Always has some absolute random picks in there because someone just looked at a stats sheet.

He was ******* rubbish mate. Liability. Jogged around with * all intent and his disposals were embarrassing. He's one of the reasons we lost tonight
Maybe you just need to re-asses your expectations mate?

He has to get fitter but there were plenty who showed less intent who had full pre-seasons.

I'd rather have him ready to go in 3 weeks than playing 4 games in the VFL and needing another 3 to get ready at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back