Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Devil Fish said:
Pleeeeaaase play Trotter this week. It'd be great to see the Great Man out there this week strutting his stuff & being out there with the likes of Ricciuto, McLeod etc. Great learning experience for him.

The kid will be good, perhaps very good - but has had interrupted season so why the hurry?

Secondly, it's all very well to put him in the 22, but would have to be very disappointed for whoever misses out.

Eagle Eye said:
The kid will be good, perhaps very good - but has had interrupted season so why the hurry?

Secondly, it's all very well to put him in the 22, but would have to be very disappointed for whoever misses out.

Someone is going to miss out at some stage because when Motlop is finally ready he will be getting a gig no matter what.

To be honest its one of those cases where no one really deservers to be dropped but you still need to look at the kids.

Would hate to drop Sansbury because he is showing a bit.
Would hate to Drop Stevo Jnr because I think he has done enough to hold his spot

Still want to have a look at Trotter and JWS though

Ausgard said:
Someone is going to miss out at some stage because when Motlop is finally ready he will be getting a gig no matter what.

To be honest its one of those cases where no one really deservers to be dropped but you still need to look at the kids.

Would hate to drop Sansbury because he is showing a bit.
Would hate to Drop Stevo Jnr because I think he has done enough to hold his spot

Still want to have a look at Trotter and JWS though
If you think Stevo Jr.s' done enough to hold his spot, then it wouldn't hurt giving Martin Pike a call to see what he's doing next season. Michael hasn't really done anything all season and we'd be much better served playing a readied younger guy who seems he could do the same job with greater impact.

Agree on Sansbury though, he's shown enough in the last two weeks to justify his selection this week. I'm still not sure whether he'll make it or not but while he's playing decent footy he deserves rewards.

My question is will he ever take that next step? To consolidate his place and be a real handy player, or will he continue being a gap filler.

Fact is Trotter will be part of the Arden Street furniture for years to come (hopefully!) and I trust the opinions of people on here who see him and Port reguarly enough to suggest that it serves our clubs short and long (definitely) term interests to play Trotter this week.

I'd only expect one change. While it wasn't a polished performance last week, we got the job done and Tunnel (He's growing on me people) likes to stick with a winning side.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Schwarze get the nod over Trotter. He has been the better performer in teh games I have seen of the two IMO. Bigger body too so he should not get too intimidated at the top level. I like the idea of a 6 foot plus quick midfielder in our side.

Trotters kicking lets him down a bit too often for my liking, plus I reckon he needs another preseason in the gym before debuting at AFL level. There is plenty of time for us to play Trotter in the future. Let's see what Schwarze has got if we are to play a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devil Fish said:
Yeah, Mic Stevens is struggling. Don't know about you guys but I don't think we missed Picioane's drive on Sunday?

Does he drive the bus?

Briedis said:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Schwarze get the nod over Trotter. He has been the better performer in teh games I have seen of the two IMO. Bigger body too so he should not get too intimidated at the top level. I like the idea of a 6 foot plus quick midfielder in our side.

Trotters kicking lets him down a bit too often for my liking, plus I reckon he needs another preseason in the gym before debuting at AFL level. There is plenty of time for us to play Trotter in the future. Let's see what Schwarze has got if we are to play a kid.
Agree with this. Trotter (and JWS too) will have long careers at North, of this I have no doubt. Their chance will come, they are still very young. Schwarze, on the other hand, is fighting for a future in the game IMO, being a bit older and on his second chance in the game. He has also performed at a higher level and more consistantly than the other 2, so I agree that he should get a taste first.

One thing is for sure, there is sensational pressure on those currently in the 22 to perform each week. We have several at Port pushing pretty hard for selection now. Very healthy!

The younger guys will get there chance and i think its better to wait and see how bad they want it.Trotter will be a good player for us and Schwarze will surprise a few.I love that these guys are puttin pressure on and it can only help us in the long run.

Wow..............well deserved promotion, no doubt about it. Top scoop there too onslaught, as Lidge said. I wonder what else tonight's lotto will produce and also who will Trotts be replacing?

ONYA Trotts.........welcome aboard and good luck up there at Manuka.

T'toes

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back