Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

In the herald sun today it states that sinclair and wells trained and will play this week.
I think changes will be,
Out: Watson, Stevens, Picioni
In: Wells, Sinclair, Trotter.

Bren said:
IN: Wells, Sinkers and Trotter (if true)
OUT: Eddie, Pratt, and Watson (if Trotts in)

I’d be very surprised to see Eddie dropped after the game he had. Not the best motivation if the coach gives you a big rap after your game and then drops you bag to the seconds.

In: Wells, Sinkers
Out: Ash, and either Lance or Stevo (maybe both if Trotter comes in!)

I’d like to see JWS get another game but Pratt would have to make way. It’s great to see the competition for spots so strong as we head into the business end of the season. This should ensure that the boys have a red hot go against the Hawks and push for a 4 quarter effort.

Bren said:
IN: Wells, Sinkers and Trotter (if true)
OUT: Eddie, Pratt, and Watson (if Trotts in)

Cant see Eddie being dropped after being heaped with praise from JYD last week. "Another midfield option" etc

In. Wells Sinclair Trotter
Out. Piccione Stevens Watson

Wonder if "horses for courses" might see Sav out again this week, with running players coming in? Hope not, I love having him there and believe the two big forwards works well to stretch defences, but just thinking a bit more laterally.

I'm assuming the success of the Harding experiment might encourage them to give both Eddie and Ash a bit more of a go after being called up. Might be wrong on this though, given they were injury callups rather than carefully considered options.

I like Pratt but he came back only when Sinclair was injured, so would surely be first in line to drop back out of the defence.

A different guess:
In Wells, Sinclair, Trotter
Out Pratt, Stevens or Picioane, Rocca

I hope:
In Wells, Sinclair, Trotter
Out Watson, Pratt, Stevens

Cautiously excited. Still have to remember the kid has only played a handful of games this year. Regardless, I still think it's time for Trots, but I'll be disappointed if he comes in at the expense of Watson.

BTW I'm still not convinced Sinclair and Wells are right. The H/Sun article said it was a closed session, but they somehow knew they both trained. I'm guessing North just told them they trained.

I suppose I just don't trust footy clubs when it comes to their announcements re the fitness of their stars.

Twinkletoes said:
Personally I wouldn't want the team from last week messed with too much, and I'm not an Pratt member.
T'toes

I am not anti Pratt either, but I disagree that making 3 changes this week would constitute messing around. If we were to drop Stevens, Watson and Picioane (not saying that's what should happen) we wouldn't be messing with the team as the above three plaers had very very little ball and influence on Friday night. As a result our rotation suffered, and the same 18 or 19 players had to do the job. A team like ours can't afford to carry passengers - that's no secret.

Shinboners said:
I hope Trotter does play, but I also hope that people remember that he's still a young kid and that he's not going to rack up 30 touches on his debut.

I'd be rapt if he plays a good solid half of footy, gets a feel for the footy and doesn't make too many mistakes.

JYD doesn't give anyone a full game, let alone first gamers. If he gets 20-30m in his first game he will be lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that we need to make changes so the team does not get complacent.

In: Trotts, Wells, Sinkers

Out: Pratt, Stevo, Piconne

I think watson needs to play out the rest of the year, as I think he needs to prove he has what it takes by the end of this year. We have grima who has proved he has the ability, so if watson gets another gameit will be great. we can afford to give him and trots another game, and I think SInclair and well can be eased back into it, with trots and watson having semi major roles.

dani77 said:
Source? and reliability of source?

The bloke who told me is related to one of our assistants.

I was driving and only spoke briefly, so didn't get too much info.

I agree it does seem a bit strange to be pulling four changes.

Maybe Wellsy is still out. I was at the Preseident's Dinner on friday night and Wells was there. He definately didn't look like a bloke with a virus (i.e. flu) [although in my eyes that great man can never look bad]. He was also there until after the game, and if you had a virus you would think you would be sent home to bed early.

I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

scottywiper said:
Apparently Trotter was very close to being preferred over Watson last week.
Hopefully, that is not bad news for Ash.
While he didn't star last week, I think Ash should be given two more games to show what he can do. Seems only fair when you consider the chances others have been given.

Carefully chosen words there scotty. Nobody could dispute your comment that Ash "didn't star last week". Had you said "Ash played OK last week" or "Ash played OK last week given his limited ground time" you may have provoked some heated discussion.

Personally, I've been an Ash fan but I'm getting extremely nervous, to the point of giving up on him. Sooner or later excuses just won't do anymore. It's time for action. If you've got 15 minutes to make an impact, make an impact and you won't get dragged/dropped.

kelman said:

Maybe Wellsy is still out. I was at the Preseident's Dinner on friday night and Wells was there. He definately didn't look like a bloke with a virus (i.e. flu) [although in my eyes that great man can never look bad]. He was also there until after the game, and if you had a virus you would think you would be sent home to bed early.

Did he mean part of the extended bench , being a sunday game , which in turn turns out to be the emergency.

kelman said:

I don't think it was the flu either, when you see him walking off the ground after the Essendon game he lookis like he has his hand up his backside he is clutching his hamstring that much. Don't think it was a serious injury though just a twitch and probably safer to rest than risk against the Eagles, I think he will be back this week.

Originally Posted by vlad76
I am not anti Pratt either, but I disagree that making 3 changes this week would constitute messing around. If we were to drop Stevens, Watson and Picioane (not saying that's what should happen) we wouldn't be messing with the team as the above three plaers had very very little ball and influence on Friday night. As a result our rotation suffered, and the same 18 or 19 players had to do the job. A team like ours can't afford to carry passengers - that's no secret.

My comment of "Personally I wouldn't want last week's team messed with too much" wasn't a reaction to the original post in the thread vlad76........merely an opinion prior to considering the IN's and OUT's, and not one necessarily defined by a set number of changes which would constitute a mess, if that makes any sense?!?

Anyway........my point.............

Two players will definitely make way for Sinclair and Wellsy, IF they're right to resume (which it seems they are). I'm not in a hurry to see Trotts in the 1's and certainly not at the expense of Pratt, who I think has added to the strength of our side since returning a more disciplined version of his former self.

I actually think, as said above, that Trotts would come in if Sinclair or Wells wasn't quite right.

If it was purely to replace Pratt, and based on last week's outstanding game for Port Melbourne, then I'd actually have Schwarze in ahead of Trotter. He was sensational (and yes, Trotts was good too and I look forward to him playing at some stage).

T'toes

Devil Fish said:
Exactly.
Can you believe that Sportsbet have Trotter at 500/1 to win the Brownlow this year? What is even more disturbing though is Picioane is 650/1.
Yeah well if Trotter is selected this week and has a blinder and continues to have blinders for the rest of the year, it is fair to say that he'd be a 1 in 500 chance to win the Brownlow.

Devil Fish said:
Exactly.
Can you believe that Sportsbet have Trotter at 500/1 to win the Brownlow this year? What is even more disturbing though is Picioane is 650/1.

Surely you jest DF? Shouldn't Trotter be 5,000,000/1 for this year's Brownlow seeing how:
(a) he is yet to play a game
(b) he is yet to score a vote (unless some idiot umpire has voted for him in absentia) and
(c) he would have to poll extremely well in the remaining games to be a remote chance of passing blokes who have played every game.

BTW- sorry for calling you Shirley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back