Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah we've never had those biggish midfielders who are great ball carriers and users. simmo doesnt use it well enough, firrito is defensive minded while boomer, shagga and wells are smallish, receivers. smith and trotter really look the goods. IMO trotts should debut this week as the pressure and intensity wont be as great

NorthBhoy said:
I gave that thought too, but you just have to play Williams like a traditional 190 cm FF. He doesn't crum goals. He is also super quick, and while Trotts isn't slow he doesn't exactly explode.

Watt for me.

Its a hard one - all the money would say Watt has the tools to go with him but Watt back to fullback just scares me again.

We seem to have got him right playing up at half back and would hate for him to get carved up and lose confidence when sent back to the Back line.

On the other side of the equation you would probably think that anyone who was that mentally fragile is not really up to the afl. Play him as the best fit person for williams knowing that there probably isn't a single person on BF who wants him dropped at the moment and see how he goes.

It truely is amazing that after a lose and three people named as in the line of fire to be dropped and one of them isn't Watt - truly a Big Footy First !

Re: What about Ash Watson ?

hopper said:
This will be very close to the money, the replacements shown make the team so much stronger although I'm not throwing Stevo to the scrap heap just yet and Watson needs to be given 3 - 4 games to see if he can step up otherwise our pick 14 is gone.

Cheers all.

I tend to agree but also disagree. JYD & the MC gave Watson his first game this season vs the best midfield and less than half a game to show something for it then JYD has the audacity to mention the word 'passengers' in his post game address is very poor form by JYD. Is it a mission of the current board to just shrink Watson into obvilion ? (interesting if Watson keeps his spot this week) I agree that Watson, like any kid needing a chance to play the game, deserves honest time and opportunity and I can't see the current situation benefiting him one bit. Wrong place, wrong time. Sinclair & Wells are automatic inclusions and some players have to miss out. I think Trotter can be given his chance this season but I'd hate to think he'll be treated like Watson in game-time opportunities. In all fairness, Watson deserves 70-100 minutes this week. If not, why pick him at all vs the Eagles / Hawks ?

Stevo is most likely to get dropped. Lance is 50/50. Don't forget JWS will be pushing for selection very soon.

I'm not bothered on pick 14 being wasted, it's more to do with giving a guy (drafted 20 or 50) an fair go. We already let a Top 10 go >> Dylan Smith (due to re-accurring injuries) and questionable attributes. If Watson doesn't get his chance, then you know it's more about being at the wrong place / wrong time than ability.

Before we start lovin this kid i would like to see how good he is.I know there is potential and then there is facts and i think at the moment we have to see how he copes with the big stage.There has been alot of players that have had big wraps on them and they are playin in the country.
I would like to see him play then if he is all that then lets all gets excited.But until then i will keep my judgement up my sleeve.

Yep, go along with that. He seems to have lost the huge arse, so that's a start. :p

But seriously, in the Roosters game he looked 'capable' and 'serviceable' to me, without starring. I assume he has played better than this to deserve the wraps that are coming his way?

Liked Gibson, Perkins and Urch as much as Trotter frankly. Harvey doesn't look like he's going anywhere (up) real soon.

LeCras works his arse off and I got the impression that he appears to be growing in stature and confidence, yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmmmmm........I'll believe it when I see it. If it's true then it's great news for Trotts. Personally I wouldn't want the team from last week messed with too much, and I'm not an anti Pratt member.

Wellsy seems to be a definite IN, and with Sinkers also likely it'd amaze me if we went for sweeping changes of similar players coming in and going out.

Well.....it'll be another thing to look for tonight in Thursday Night Lotto (even though I thought that was a thing of the past).

T'toes

Apparently Trotter was very close to being preferred over Watson last week.
Hopefully, that is not bad news for Ash.
While he didn't star last week, I think Ash should be given two more games to show what he can do. Seems only fair when you consider the chances others have been given.

I actually think that Trots could be used similarly to, and thus swapped for Piccione. Pinch hitting off the bench to play a defensive midfield role

Chadwiko said:
I personally don't think that Ash has what it takes to play at an AFL level.

The Curse of the Number 1

I can remember when we first drafted him how everyone was saying thank god they finally gave the Number 1 Jumper to someone who will definately make it

Retire the jumper - its the kiss of death

Sansbury was given a few games to prove himself so Watson should be afforded the same opportunity..

M.Stevens should be given a rest..

In: Wells Sinclair

Out: Picione Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #13: David Trotter - selected w/ #9 in '03 ND - 7 games in 4 games - delisted end '07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back