Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13,342

Wow, that was a shocking crowd. North Melbourne will be writing a very nice and healthy paycheck to Eitihad stadium management. Just looking at the match on Fox Sports the stadium looked so empty it reminded me off......South Sydney Rabbitohs getting 6-7k at Telstra stadium.

I'm not sure even if they paid people to attend that match it would of produced a decent crowd.

I just don't get north melbourne supporters - there club is on an abyss and they cannot be bothered turning up for a game. Yet we will continue to cop backlash from north supporters on these boards because we criticise the club.

What else are they going to say? If they break their denial and go "yeah it is looking awful for us" then they lose all hope. For whatever reason they believe living in denial will end up with them not collapsing, it happens with a lot of people in similar bad situations.

In my opinion the existing supporters just need to move on to another team or support putting North back into the VFL.

What a disgrace

Agreed. Though the problem isn't the existing North members/supporters as it is the fact the club just isn't viable itself. It's easy to direct our thoughts to the fans of the club but it's not their fault.... it is the club itself. This has been written on the wall for years and nothing has changed there. They have a schoolboy clown for president who is more interested in grabbing others testicles (Shane Crawford at the logies) rather than showing his own to the AFL when it comes to a home jumper.

I must say North deserve what they get.

They wasted years for the AFL in playing games in Sydney & Gold Coast but having no intention of relocating, hence because of them it has delayed the expansion in NSW/QLD

I don't see their situation improving ever & no hope of growing

Signs of Fitzroy?

Heard on ch10 that it will be around a $150k loss

I just don't get north melbourne supporters - there club is on an abyss and they cannot be bothered turning up for a game. Yet we will continue to cop backlash from north supporters on these boards because we criticise the club.

What a disgrace
they just don't have that many supporters

Actually it was 14,342. I was attendance tonight. It looked bigger than that. We never have been a big club.

As someone on the North board has mentioned, The crowd was still 2,000 plus more than the Hawks managed against Port at the MCG in 2004.

We only got 25K to a final in 05 against the Power.

Did anyone really expect a big crowd? After the woeful footy we produced in the previous weeks.

Hopefully we get 20K to Freo and Brisbane games in the coming weeks.

Good win though:thumbsu:

Nailing biting finish, How the hell does the last quarter go for 37.20 mins when there is no injuries and I think the same number of goals were kicked in the 3rd term. The 3rd term only went for 33 mins.

The irony is that North has done reasonably well on field in the past couple of years. Its not like they've been languishing at the bottom of the ladder. Finals last year. and top 4 and a prelim final in 2007 wasn't it?

What a joke of a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a shit what the crowd numbers were?

If we lose money then we lose money, let the North board deal with it. I enjoy actually watching the footy. So many of you complain about people like Caroline Wilson and Hutchy but what you don't realise is YOU are the people they are making their money off. YOU are the people that are being reeled in to bullsh@t debates about crowd numbers and club finances. So stupid.

Hats off for them declaring they will play all their home games at home, but shit I think our nations capital with a big wad of cash to play these terrible drawing interstate sides looks like an underrated passed over option.

Seriously - they have to be smarter. Even if they made $1 playing at Skilled it is such a superior option, losing $100k+? Christ. The bosses at the club could do an Essendon style motivation to get 10-15k down the highway surely. Mr Brayshaw needs to rally the troops to attend a lot harder.

Got to be joking!
The top deck was practically empty. The botom deck wasn't much better.

8500 tops.
The figures were skewed to save face

Seating information for Saturday night

4:35 PM Tue 05 May, 2009

The western side of level 3 will be closed for this Saturday night's match.

Please be advised that the western side of Level 3 will be closed for this Saturday night's match between North Melbourne and Port Adelaide at Docklands.

Patrons will be able to access level 3 via Gate 4 and 6 only or via the ramps from aisle 30 or 43.

Patrons will be able to sit between Aisles 29 through to 44.

I was sitting behind the North goals, the Social Club wing was pretty full and level one to 3 on the not closed wing was nearly full, behind the goals for both sides were average (with Ethiad new ticketing system ). Had a good buzz though, the roar at the end was like there was 30K in the stadium.

i groaned when i heard the figure. i'm so disappointed for north.

i like north. when carey and archer were going around, i became a fan of this club.

but this can't be sustainable can it? this isn't a one off because they've been crap for the last few weeks. this happens every year when the play the low-drawing interstate clubs.

but this year it's worse... they don't have the million coming from the games sold interstate. their white knights don't seem to have materialised. and with freo, brisbane (whose attendance bight be better) and melbourne still to play at telstra dome this year... financially the year could be a disaster.

i don't want the AFL to lose this club.

but this isn't working! what are they going to do? their melbourne based supporters obviously don't have the heart... they've gotta do something... think outside the square a little bit...

i dunno - could they milk the AFL for playing a game in NZ? they won't get state government money, but could they check with clarence city council how much it'd cost to play games at bellerive oval in hobart?

north melbourne as a base is clearly not sustainable. i want them to find a way to survive. but the current defiance and stubborness is not working

Absolutely pathetic crowd. It's been barely 17 months since the whole "KEEP NORTH SOUTH" business and already they're back to their pathetic, unsustainable ways.

Can't say I'm very surprised though. How long until they ask for more AFL special assistance? :rolleyes:

I must say North deserve what they get.

They wasted years for the AFL in playing games in Sydney & Gold Coast but having no intention of relocating, hence because of them it has delayed the expansion in NSW/QLD

I don't see their situation improving ever & no hope of growing

Signs of Fitzroy?

Are you for real you goose!
Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Bulldogs and Hawthorn all play games interstate with no intentions of relocating.
Just because South Melbourne ans Fitzroy relocated doesn't mean every club will sell their soles.
Id rather die at Arden St as the North Melbourne football club then sell our heritage and relocate.
Bananas like you barrack for a Melbourne team playing else where. Didn't you hear Roos in the grand final in 05, this ones for the South Melbourne Bloods!
You barrack for nothing club that has only survived cause of AFL funding for 20 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back